Well, I would be pleased...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I would be pleased...

...with Neil Warnock installed in charge until the end of this season.
    Would you be pleased?
    Yes
    36.21%
    No
    51.72%
    Not bothered
    12.07%

The poll is expired.

Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

I wouldn't be upset but I wouldn't necessarily be pleased either. Just about happy enough to give him the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      ...with Neil Warnock installed in charge until the end of this season.
      Would you be pleased?
      Given the situation, yes. I have been posting that this would be the outcome all along, except I thought it would be Hill not Blackwell. Even a club as poorly run as ours would a/have had someone in mind before getting rid of Ramsey - we did, Warnock, and b/ would have appointed someone in the international break - we had, Warnock. All this guff about interview process and the names being thrown around was just rumour or for public consumption.

If we really did go after some of the people mentioned what does that say about us that we didn't get one?

Warnock and Blackwell are mates so will sing from same hymn sheet. Warnock won't give a toss about a DOF as he has nothing to prove and Les could even learn something. I was impressed with Blackwell on the line at Boro' and he certainly didn't look temporary that night.

Warnock is a big enough figure to do the 'sorting out' a lot of posters wanted Pearson for - he's the only one to ever get anything out of Tarafat for a start.

Ok, he's not future proof but it would be nice to get out of the mess we're in and take a fresh look later. If they do well don't be surprised to see Blackwell in charge next season.

It's not ideal but it could have been a lot worse......if it happens!

Comment

backwards step! shows that they really have no idea in which direction to take the club..so are going to let it float on the stagnant waters for another 6 months

Comment

Our clubs a ####in embarrassment already and even more so if we keep Warnock. 4 years of promotions, relgations, premier league football, 100 players, millions of debt and all to get back to where we were before... languishing in lower-mid table with Neil Warnock as our manager. Could we fvck it up any more than we already have done the past few years. It's gonna be 4 weeks with an interim manager by the end of this week... give me strength.

Comment

I'm a YES.

This season was and should still be about stability, although I really wouldn't write us of just yet. I've seen signs of improvement at the back, we just need to start scoring again.

Biggest error was dropping Hall when we was on a winning streak, huge huge mistake and thats why CR is inexperienced as a manager.

Regardless we are where we are and we are lacking in confidence right now but have a squad who are able to compete for the top 6 IMO. NW is suitable for either challenging that top 6 or at least providing a stepping stone for that next year.

Unless we get Rowett I would say NW is a fair and cheap shout right now.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
              Our clubs a ####in embarrassment already and even more so if we keep Warnock. 4 years of promotions, relgations, premier league football, 100 players, millions of debt and all to get back to where we were before... languishing in lower-mid table with Neil Warnock as our manager. Could we fvck it up any more than we already have done the past few years. It's gonna be 4 weeks with an interim manager by the end of this week... give me strength.
              Palace did the same, are they an embarrassment?

Those 4 / 5 years you talk about, also had a lot of good things. Maybe you was unable get a Wembley ticket...?

Comment

Z
                Easy mate, at least following QPR is never dull........and he was never an interim manager.

Comment

Chelsea's current poor league form has shown what happens when clubs re-hire a manager that they have previously sacked. It's never as good the second time. I wouldn't be unhappy with Warnock, but expectations should be measured from now until the end of the season. He will be a stabilising influence, but I can't help but think there is more than a touch of sentimentality attached to this decision (if of course it's the one they make).
                  Last edited by surrey_hoop; 27-11-2015, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Our clubs a ####in embarrassment already and even more so if we keep Warnock.
                    Agree with the first bit, but I think that will be actually alleviated with Warnock in charge until the end of the season.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Nah stop defending the inexcusable just cos it's Rangers. We're a shambles and have been for the last 4/5 years.
                      Makes me laugh when fans who wear their blue and white spectacles through any issue bring up the Wembley final... It's almost the last resort to any argument your clinging on to. That one day at Wembley and for what in the end.... to be relegated bottom of the prem and be 5 points off the Championship relegation zone in December 2015 with an interim manager.

A lot of good things though in the last 4 to 5 years yerrrrrr.............

Comment

I thought from day one that the team would be in the best hands if Warnock was in charge. But once again it shows that the board have been faffing about for the last 3 weeks. I have zero confidence in them to run our club.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                          Chelsea's current poor league form has shown what happens when clubs re-hire a manager that they have previously sacked. It's never as good the second time. I wouldn't be unhappy with Warnock, but expectations should be measured from now until the end of the season. He will be a stabilising influence, but I can't help but think there is more than a touch of sentimentality attached to this decision (if of course it's the one they make).
                          Didn't the scum win the league and league cup last year under Jose?

Comment

Just find the whole thing very un-exciting and whilst other clubs react and put good appointments in place, we miss out. I remember Gerry returning to us after his first successful spell and look how that ended. Whilst i don't think Neil is a really bad appointment it certainly isn't a good one and not one i feel we will move forward with. Blackburn have put a good appointment in place, Fulham are likely to do the same, Derby have too, but we have just gone back to a supposedly safe bet. Only hope is we have an agreement in place for a younger progressive manager in the summer but I doubt it.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                              Although I am not sure reappointing Warnock is the best move, not all returning managers fail 2nd time around. Pearson at Leicester is a prime example.

Comment

Working...
                              X