Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Be Happy With JFH As Our New Manager?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah I would.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yes, but... On a seriuous not: I voted yes...
      I read a bit about the Burton against Wigan match, and I have to say it pleased me that his gameplan was to press Wigan.Indeed, that´s the way to do it!! Wow.
      Last edited by Shania; 25-11-2015, 12:46 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Definitely not. There are too many better options available at this time.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
          Definitely not. There are too many better options available at this time.
          True, for example Steve Kean.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Yes I'd be happy BUT only if we don't get Pearson.

Comment

I would be happy but I'm not as convinced as some that it's going to happen. He's just completed a year at Burton and clearly has some loyalty and respect for the chairman. He is ambitious and wants to progress but in the right way. I wonder if he feels he needs another year there to achieve some goals and really boost his CV. After all, a Club that has had only 7 managers in 28 years is a pretty good place to learn your trade. I can't be bothered to count up but we've more likely had 28 managers in 7 years down the Bush
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Can we not have on the fence option
                Yep thats where I'm sitting.... I was very happy with Hughes and Redknapp but anti Ramsey. With JFH I genuinely cant make my mind up. Every time I think of the pros- young, ambitious, played 1st hand at the highest level so knows the game... I then get thrown that maybe he's too inexperienced in management.. but then again in his short managerial career he's not exactly failed and every manager has to start somewhere....

Genuinely cant make my mind up with this one....
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Wouldn't have a problem with Jimmy, out of those that have been banded about he is up there at the top
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Starting to really hope its JFH, at least its an exciting appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                      Yep thats where I'm sitting.... I was very happy with Hughes and Redknapp but anti Ramsey. With JFH I genuinely cant make my mind up. Every time I think of the pros- young, ambitious, played 1st hand at the highest level so knows the game... I then get thrown that maybe he's too inexperienced in management.. but then again in his short managerial career he's not exactly failed and every manager has to start somewhere....

Genuinely cant make my mind up with this one....
                      I agree with all of that apart from wanting Hughes. IMO though, I just can't see why we need to take a chance with a division 1 manager when Pearson, Rodgers, Moyes, Laudrup and Mackay are all unemployed.

Comment

Is Steve Kean really available?

Comment

I agree with all of that apart from wanting Hughes. IMO though, I just can't see why we need to take a chance with a division 1 manager when Pearson, Rodgers, Moyes, Laudrup and Mackay are all unemployed.
                          Nothing wrong with wanting someone else (better/experienced), I can't see Rodgers, Moyes or Laudrup wanting to come to W12 though
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Yeah if you want someone you think we could possibly get that is better that's sweet, but the question is, would you be happy if we did get JFH and not one of your favourites .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Yeah if you want someone you think we could possibly get that is better that's sweet, but the question is, would you be happy if we did get JFH and not one of your favourites .
                              I find it very hard to believe that we are unable to entice a manager with more experience than JFH, especially when so many are unemployed. Surely if we had approached Pearson,Moyes,Rodgers etc, we would have at least heard some rumours.Nothing personal against JFH, but he simply is not the best man for the job IMO.

Comment

Found this on another board.

May as well put this here now, it's from our Burton correspondent and will be running on the front page if/when JFH is appointed but it's interesting insight for you all I think....

1 - How do you assess JFH's time in charge of Burton? -

Excellent. Taken them to a different level since he came ,using the same style as Gary Rowett. The players work hard and run through walls for him. He has a restricted budget for players so we are overachieving with this lot, which is mainly down to him and his tactics. We play a little bit more football than we did under Gary Rowett.

2) You seem to win a lot without scoring many goals, how would you describe his preferred style of play?

Very tight and disciplined at the back and in midfield, create chances but haven't been taking them. Defence is definitely the key for him.
                                There was a stat last month that we have created more chances than any other team in the league but taken the lowest percentage of them. For a former striker of his calibre, it's an oddity that we only have three strikers in the squad, and two of those haven't scored yet.

3 - Main strengths and weaknesses...

Very committed and diligent. Players love and respect him. Play for him. Very detailed in training and tactics. Only weakness is maybe he doesn’t play enough attacking football at home as he doesn’t want to concede. Hates conceding goals.
                                Pre-season, Jimmy said we would have to put the onus on defence in the first few games until we'd got the measure of the league. Having got the measure of the league, and seen the defensive tactics prove so successful, it looks like we're sticking with it for a bit longer.
                                Personally would like to see a bit more attacking intent but it's working well so I don't think he'll change it.

4 - What's his record like in the transfer market?

Record on signings has been a bit up and down. Some good, some failures. No prolific strikers but all strikers have to work really hard closing down. To be fair he hasn’t had a lot of money to play around with and get hold of expensive strikers so has done really well with what he has signed for the money available. Onus in the summer was signing defenders.

5 - Is he likely to bring any staff with him, who does he work with at Burton? Any players he's likely to come after?

More than likely he would bring his assistant David Oldfield who is highly regarded, unless he fancied the manager's job. The only players he might bring are possibly the keeper Jon McLaughlin (reliable,commands box), centre back John Mousinho (been a rock this season and last since converted from centre back) and a Dutch/Moroccan winger/ striker called Nasser El Khayati who came from Dutch lower leagues and played well last season and has made the step up to L1.
                                Has skill and touch and can go past full backs easily on the edge of area and either cross, pass or have a shot. Decent finisher usually.

6 - There's a perception that, to some extent, he's benefited from taking over the good work Gary Rowett did, how much truth is there in that?

Yes he did take over a decent squad who were doing well (although actually they were on a fairly bad trot when Rowett) but Jimmy immediately started winning and took them on an amazing run to promotion with no real setbacks along the way. Credit to Rowett initially but huge credit to Jimmy for making us more professional and getting there. There was certainly no stumbling over the line, as there was when we got out of the Conference.

7 - There's also a perception that Burton are a well run club over achieving, and he may struggle with the omni-shambles at QPR - any thoughts?

I think he would organise you better and make you hard to beat and you have Austin up front to nick goals in a 4-2-3-1 formation. Don't expect Dutch-type flowing football immediately as he seems more interesting in keeping it tight and goals out.

If he went, he'd be going from a small, well-run club and a great relationship with the chairman to a bigger club with some well documented problems to address.

Comment

Working...
                                X