Latest is we are talking to Rowett.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    When you look at positions of us and Fulham and compare to how he's doing at Birmingham your right it should not happen but he's money talks and you have the pull of being in London. He's the man I want to manager us but if he has sense he will stop where he is
    As much as you have the pull of being London, i thought the bloke was a brummie at heart?

Comment

1/3 on now to go neverland.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
        1/3 on now to go neverland.
        Can see that happening if the lure is to have funds available to buy players and build a team. As far as I know, Birmingham have no funds at all ?

Comment

Strange thing is that Rowett is shortening for both (us & Ruperts) according to oddschecker.

If it is JFH I reckon they may be holding until after next round of fixtures.

Comment

1/5 now looks like he's going. Terrible news. There go up this season or next if ends up there.

Comment

Really not getting this Rowett is an amazing manager thing! What have have you all based this on? Hardly st Birmingham alight they are just one of about 10 teams in this dig who can be great one day and terrible the next.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Really not getting this Rowett is an amazing manager thing! What have have you all based this on? Hardly st Birmingham alight they are just one of about 10 teams in this dig who can be great one day and terrible the next.
                I would take a look at the managers career before making that assumption.

He turned Burton right around, who JFH coincidentally took over and finished of sending the up. Then turned up at a very very poor Birmingham side, fighting for survival in the Champ and has turned them into promotion contenders.

He's 'on paper' a very good prospect at 41 years old.... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                  I would take a look at the managers career before making that assumption.

He turned Burton right around, who JFH coincidentally took over and finished of sending the up. Then turned up at a very very poor Birmingham side, fighting for survival in the Champ and has turned them into promotion contenders.

He's 'on paper' a very good prospect at 41 years old.... :-)
                  Agreed on the fact that Rowett would be the favourite if available (IMO) but at the same time, its a bit harsh on JFH to say that he hasn't had a supreme influence. You can see it in their style, having finally watched a few full matches. Compare that to Rowett's Birmingham and you can see a lot of differences in the way they play and JFH's style is what got them promoted more than the work of Rowett, who stabilised the ship.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Spend all our time looking for the next Eddie Howe and proven managers like Pearson and Rodgers will just pass us by.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Spend all our time looking for the next Eddie Howe and proven managers like Pearson and Rodgers will just pass us by.
                      I dont think the board are wasting time, look at it as making the right decision and choosing the right person.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Can't win. If we went and got an older more proven manager, people would whinge that we aren't looking to the future.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                          1/5 now looks like he's going. Terrible news. There go up this season or next if ends up there.
                          He's just made a few signings for Brum Vaughan from Hudd and Halford from Rotherham. Doesn't sound like a man on his way out.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                            Can't win. If we went and got an older more proven manager, people would whinge that we aren't looking to the future.
                            Or having an interview process

Comment

Which is why I made this thread... I just don't think we realise how spoiled or whatever you wanna call we all are right now. Im glad we're taking our time, shows intent to get the right man in. We're not doing any worse, defending better if anything..

http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...-QPR-aren-t-we

Comment

Not quite sure that Rodgers (certainly) and Pearson are that much older than Rowett that that would be a problem but I get your point as whoever we take on there will be people who will find fault....nature of the football fan

Comment

Working...
                                X