We are QPR... aren't we?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are QPR... aren't we?

I'm asking myself this very question "what do I honestly want / expect from supporting QPR?"

I honestly believe we have all massively forgotten the roots and reasoning behind supporting this ruddy great club of ours. I've noticed this massive change in how us fans are reacting to news, results and poor performances and I cant help but think we as fans are losing our way a bit.

Ok, I know the facts and I won't disagree with an opinion that would suggest im wrong in saying this but I genuinely feel that as fans we are starting to look more and more plastic day by day. I understand that the board haven't really been providing the club the best stability, I understand that results are terrible as are players performances and we are 5 points of a double relegation.

But, to remind you, before we had money and promotions 10 years ago we was in this very position with very little hope of any success. But at least we went to games with a little hope and belief and got right behind the team. I struggle to go to QPR when we are even winning a game, the atmosphere is so poor. (Agreed we all play a huge part in this..)
    We've been through far tougher times than this current spell, which in actual fact could be turned around with a little bit of luck and magic from someone or somewhere.

What I do think is though, we need one year of rebuilding and stability with either an upcoming proven manager (JFH) or a punt on someone that's been there done it (NP or NW). We needed a clear out, we need to rebuild from behind the scenes and actually this league is much harder to get out of than 2+ years ago.

I just find it hard to believe that no matter what the news or results that people of all ages are smashing twitter, facebook and even here with huge abuse at the club. I read the other day, "bring back the good old days with Adel and Cisse" I mean come on guys. Both players had 1 good season each for us and that was that. It's almost like the ego's of these type of players have washed off on all of us. (Me included, which is why im writing this post)

I think we all need to except where we are right now and also try and remember that 1. The board tried to bring success with money to please fans and 2. The board are trying to sort it and quite honestly we dont know all the facts and 3. The press are loving us right now, its an easy story but not to get dragged into it.

What will be will be, but for me right now; I intend to enjoy the rest of this season and future campaigns regardless. I've forgotten slightly why I got to QPR and I want to remember that and so should everyone else.

A huge rant, mainly at the keyboard warriors among us which I probably look like myself.

Lets get well and truly behind the team on Saturday!!!!
Working...
X