Dose of reality

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dose of reality

Everyone seems to be getting excited about the possibility of the likes of Moyes or Rodgers joining us. Sorry but very unlikely to happen. I suspect they are unlikely to be looking below mid table Premiership.

We have a lot going for us as a Championship side but that is what we are. Pearson would be great and given the baggage that goes with him is more realistic although will be very much in demand.

A lot of you seem to be against JFH but maybe he is simply more realistic for a club of our size. Has a couple of years managerial experience. Done extremely well during that. In the old days we used to recruit managers from the lower leagues. This seems to have become unfashionable, partly due to the high level of foreign managers in the modern game giving clubs more choice. Doesn't make it wrong though and comes with a great playing pedigree which will demand some respect from the players.

Gerry and Ollie couple of examples from lower leagues. Various examples higher up the food chain who didn't work out so well!

Yes, get real people. We'd be lucky to get Steve Kean while Sir Les is glued to his DOF throne.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      Everyone seems to be getting excited about the possibility of the likes of Moyes or Rodgers joining us. Sorry but very unlikely to happen. I suspect they are unlikely to be looking below mid table Premiership.

We have a lot going for us as a Championship side but that is what we are. Pearson would be great and given the baggage that goes with him is more realistic although will be very much in demand.

A lot of you seem to be against JFH but maybe he is simply more realistic for a club of our size. Has a couple of years managerial experience. Done extremely well during that. In the old days we used to recruit managers from the lower leagues. This seems to have become unfashionable, partly due to the high level of foreign managers in the modern game giving clubs more choice. Doesn't make it wrong though and comes with a great playing pedigree which will demand some respect from the players.

Gerry and Ollie couple of examples from lower leagues. Various examples higher up the food chain who didn't work out so well!
      nothing wrong with JFH he comes across as very nice bloke. but i'd prefer someone with a bit more experience? I'm not a Pearson lover but I'd prefer him over JFH just on experience and what he's done so far, as for Rodgers & Moyes they aint coming to us, as you've said they want a prem job. I personally would love the club to go and tempt a manger such as Hughton or jackett (both experienced), someone in work doing a good job

Comment

dont want a nice bloke, get somone in to crack the whip
        You Rsssssss

Comment

I dont think there are any vacancies in the Prem right now. Villa/Sunderland recently changed manager. I cant see Bournemouth/Newcastle/Norwich changing manager even in Jan.
          Swansea maybe? Cant see Rodgers going back and Moyes doesnt play their kind of football.
          In England at least, apart from Fulham and us, who else would they go to at this moment?

Comment

Moyes to Newcastle. Rodgers somewhere abroad IMO. Anyone who thinks either of them will drop down to the championship needs their head testing. I suspect Pearson sees himself as a prem manager now as well, & was asking prem money from Fulham. I hear JFH is on 60 k a year at Burton, that is the kind of market we're shopping in. But a club like QPR should be getting them on the way up not down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
              I dont think there are any vacancies in the Prem right now. Villa/Sunderland recently changed manager. I cant see Bournemouth/Newcastle/Norwich changing manager even in Jan.
              Swansea maybe? Cant see Rodgers going back and Moyes doesnt play their kind of football.
              In England at least, apart from Fulham and us, who else would they go to at this moment?
              fairly sure that i read that moyes has let it be known that he'd be interested in leeds if they get a new owner.

op makes a sensible point though... since ruben became co-chairman, the club has been going in a different direction. big money signings, big wages and big money managers are no longer on offer... the club looks to be going back to living within its means.

whether les ferdinand is dof or not, someone like pearson, rogers or moyes isn't going to be coming to us, because we're not going to stump up for their wages. we're much more likely to be after someone like jimmy floyd hasselbaink, kenny jackett, dean smith or slavisa jokanovic.

in the prem, i'd expect vacancies to be possible at swansea in the short term with the likes of norwich, newcastle, southampton all likely to get twitchy if they go on a run of bad results.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeems;1490000]I dont think there are any vacancies in the Prem right now. Villa/Sunderland recently changed manager. I cant see Bournemouth/Newcastle/Norwich changing manager even in Jan.
                In England at least, apart from Fulham and us, who else would they go to at this moment?[/QUOTE

They are not in a hurry to take any job they'll bide their tie until the right job comes up, I don't think we're the right job for either of them in their minds

Comment

Working...
                X