Three choices...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three choices...

If you agree we are unlikely to be relegated, more likely to be mid-table, but with a small chance of making the playoffs and earning promotion, would you:

(1) Play for ties (translation: not to lose) against higher rated teams like Boro, Burnley, Brighton, Hull City, etc with the huge task of having to beat most of the lower teams (which we've failed to do to date)?
    (2) Go ALL OUT against the better teams, especially on the road, given we lose most of those games? Translation: play JET, Blackwood, Chery, Luongo? OR
    (3) Throw in the towel, hire an experienced manager, and play more of the younger players to see what we've got for next season?

I'm for (2) if we field a team built for speed and aggressive play, (3) if not.

(1) is a copout, posed by coaches and management as smart footballing, even when it leads to near-certain defeats and breeds the kind of boring, bland, fan-depressing performances we've seen all too often this season.

Put another way, should we play more like the Brightons and Burnleys of this world, or should we resign ourselves to suffering through another season of pedantic, passionless soccer?

Always play to win is my view. Don't care if it's pretty or ugly the intention is winning games

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Always play to win is my view. Don't care if it's pretty or ugly the intention is winning games
      Always 2.

Comment

Comment

Always. The only way.

Comment

This. That said, though, in our position now I wouldn't consider draws away to teams like Boro/Burnley/Brighton/Hull etc a bad result.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Most of us were brought up on Rangers trying to play attacking football ,always 2 for me.
              Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                This. That said, though, in our position now I wouldn't consider draws away to teams like Boro/Burnley/Brighton/Hull etc a bad result.
                I would agree with this sentiment if it didn't mean we had to essentially shut out the good teams to merit a draw because we have little or no ambition to score for ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                  I would agree with this sentiment if it didn't mean we had to essentially shut out the good teams to merit a draw because we have little or no ambition to score for ourselves.
                  If you're talking about Boro, that simply isn't true. We defended well and went with a game plan to frustrate them, but we also had more shots on target than them, their only one was the penalty.
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I heard a quote on a tv programme recently which sums up perfectly how I, and it appears many others feel the same. 'Better to die on your feet, than live on your knees'. We're playing championship teams ffs, not Champions league and should fear nobody.

Comment

It's not my job on the line so difficult to say, so easy to say attack in every game if it's not your reputation. It's also down to the players as well and not just the manager.

Comment

If i had the choice, i'd accept the fate and plan accordingly. Bring in somebody like Jackett or Rowett to stabilise the ship with a long term view. Move on the big earners - chaz, phillips, fer, sandro, green, caulker, hoilett etc - get them all out of the club on a permanent basis in january. Build a training ground and look to get promoted in 2/3 seasons.

If we get promoted by some miracle this season or dare i say even next - we will come straigh back down. We are not ready for PL football. We still sign players and go for managers who are seen as a quick fix and can plug the huge hole tony fernandes and co have created in 4 years.
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

What "style" of play should QPR attempt to fashion as they move into the future? That's the question that''ll determine the manager we're looking for, and the players we need to recruit. Otherwise, we'll rte main a helper skelter outfit with not mark, no consistency, and no hope.

Comment

Thought we played like number 2 at the start and were conceding so many goals, people were losing their mind about us shoring things up at the back. Think they go hand in hand and if we go out and attack teams, we will lose more points than if we play with the mentality we did at Boro.

That plus the fact im not sure we have the personal to simply out play the better teams.

Comment

You may well be right re our personnel, but for the sake of presenting to the fans a season of merit suggest we go all out with option (2). If nothing else, let's see if we can create burgeoning new talent from our kiddy corps (Doughty, Blackwood, Kpekewa, Gladwin, et alia).

Comment

Working...
                              X