Ferdinand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferdinand

I wonder how much the next manager will be based on keeping Ferdinand in a job ?

I think it would be really brave to see him put someone like Pearson in charge, but feel it will be a manager he can control. That's why I felt sorry for Ramsey because he got all the flack and the puppet master got little.

Well the next manager appointment is our most important for years. Fingers crossed it works out.

Agree it would be either brave or stupid to appoint Pearson , Would he have been cut the slack by so many fans if it wasn't for his QPR past ?

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
      I wonder how much the next manager will be based on keeping Ferdinand in a job ?

I think it would be really brave to see him put someone like Pearson in charge, but feel it will be a manager he can control. That's why I felt sorry for Ramsey because he got all the flack and the puppet master got little.

Well the next manager appointment is our most important for years. Fingers crossed it works out.
      Have been seeing this banded about a lot lately, but isn't this always the case when a new manager is due to be appointed?

Comment

Simple get rid of the DOF,and employ the best manager.?no problem then of him being in the way and interfering of whoever comes in

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          Simple get rid of the DOF,and employ the best manager.?no problem then of him being in the way and interfering of whoever comes in

Comment

Comment

But remember the reason why the DOF was appointed in the first place was to prevent the "naive" chairman from having "his pants pulled down" by managers and agents. That expensive lesson was apparently learnt. Therefore a DOF was brought in to act as a buffer between the two.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                But remember the reason why the DOF was appointed in the first place was to prevent the "naive" chairman from having "his pants pulled down" by managers and agents. That expensive lesson was apparently learnt. Therefore a DOF was brought in to act as a buffer between the two.
                I suspect Tone's rear is still bleeding from the rodgering administered by Hughes' agent - flagged up on here back in the day - and in that sense you are correct.

But unfortunately the appointment of Ferdinand also rules out serious applicants for the hot seat. I just can't imagine someone like Moyes - for example - going cap in hand to Les. We're a small club, if the chairman needs protecting the answer is to get managerial appointments right in the first place. We've got it all arseaboutface, no change there.

Comment

We didn't bring in a DOf though, we just gave the job to an ex-player. Spurs chose Baldini as DOF, someone with experience, and while we're not at that level we should be doing the same.

Les should go. Right now he's simply serving himself. Either get a proper DOF or a proper manager, right now it's the worst of both.

Comment

Really well the DOF should Deffo be sacked because he recommend a novice manager with no managerial experience at all on a 3 year contract, and he never stitched up our naive chairman??? You've just justified my argument

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                      Les should go. Right now he's simply serving himself. Either get a proper DOF or a proper manager, right now it's the worst of both.
                      Agree - plus he's an obstruction to us getting a serious manager (see above).

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        the answer is to get managerial appointments right in the first place
                        But we did "get it right in the first place" with Hughes - a proven PL manager. The only blot on his career copybook was the circus that is QPR due to our weak and gullible Chairman. That all changed when he went to Stoke because Peter Coates laid down the law by giving him guidelines and a strict budget, then lo and behold - Hughes' career was back on track.

Comment

Originally posted by FACTS View Post
                          We didn't bring in a DOf though, we just gave the job to an ex-player. Spurs chose Baldini as DOF, someone with experience, and while we're not at that level we should be doing the same.

Les is currently Learning his trade, taking courses and things like that. He is not a novice completly.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

But we did "get it right in the first place" with Hughes - a proven PL manager. The only blot on his career copybook was the circus that is QPR due to our weak and gullible Chairman. That all changed when he went to Stoke because Peter Coates laid down the law by giving him guidelines and a strict budget, then lo and behold - Hughes' career was back on track.
                            To be fair, Fulham and Man City fans both hate him too so his record wasn't squeaky clean before us but he's certainly bounced back in a big way at Stoke. I honestly think he is a far better manager than he showed with us. I think our directors got it all wrong in a big way that close season.

Comment

Really well the DOF should Deffo be sacked because he recommend a novice manager with no managerial experience at all on a 3 year contract, and he never stitched up our naive chairman??? You've just justified my argument
                              And who appointed the DoF?

Who approved and signed off CR's appointment?

Don't you think the real issue runs deeper than just Les Ferdinand?

Comment

Working...
                              X