Warnock factor.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnock factor.....

If he'd been our manager from the start of this season imo we'd be top 5/6 quite comfortably now and I personally think we should give him until the end of the season as I think he could push us very close to the top 6.

I think the last two games have demonstrated just how poor a manager Ramsey was with the players at his disposal.

Would agree with that. Wish we'd pitched to be more adventurous yesterday. We ought be able to.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
      Would agree with that. Wish we'd pitched to be more adventurous yesterday. We ought be able to.
      If we'd played with two proper wingers and a striker it would have made a difference.
      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
        If we'd played with two proper wingers and a striker it would have made a difference.
        Too right. Attack is the best form of defence. Even if you park the bus. No point to Yun and Henry on either flank.

Comment

Personally don't agree. Held 0-0 at home by Preston and losing to Boro without playing a striker? Ramsey would be castigated for it. Admittedly we played well yesterday as well as the first half v Preston so I do feel happier now than I did under Ramsey, but in the 2 games Warnock has taken charge I don't think there's been anywhere near enough to say we would be in the top 6 if he had been At the helm since August.

Rather get a new manager in than keep Warnock tbh but not the end of the world if he stays for the rest of the season.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We have not scored under Warnock, however we do seem more organized.

Comment

Hope not. The best thing that has happened to us is that the combination Hall and Iffi seems to function well. Anyone could have worked that one out, IMO.

Still sincerly hope his personal issues is not too serious.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                If he'd been our manager from the start of this season imo we'd be top 5/6 quite comfortably now and I personally think we should give him until the end of the season as I think he could push us very close to the top 6.

I think the last two games have demonstrated just how poor a manager Ramsey was with the players at his disposal.
                That doesn't make sense mate. Warnock has been in charge for 2 games a 0-0 and a 1-0 loss, how do you come to a conclusion we would be in the play offs?. More organised no doubt but as Matty said imagine the abuse Ramsey would of got these last 2 results. Scoring loads but conceding under Ramsey now tight under Warnock without scoring and playing without a striker.

Comment

Everything apart from o/p is totally unfair if warnock had been in control from the start of the season as o/p said Warnock would have had the close season and the side would be more complete in every department , it has to start somewhere and our season started a just a fortnight ago be a bit more patient

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                    That doesn't make sense mate. Warnock has been in charge for 2 games a 0-0 and a 1-0 loss, how do you come to a conclusion we would be in the play offs?. More organised no doubt but as Matty said imagine the abuse Ramsey would of got these last 2 results. Scoring loads but conceding under Ramsey now tight under Warnock without scoring and playing without a striker.
                    Come on Fordy the abuse Ramsey would have have got wouldbe a reflection of the whole season of hoofdross even with the goals scored

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                      Come on Fordy the abuse Ramsey would have have got wouldbe a reflection of the whole season of hoofdross even with the goals scored
                      Hoofdross?

Against Middlesbrough, 22% of our passes were long balls. Against PNE it was 15.8%.

Our average for the season was 22% as well, which means that there has barely been much improvement. I'm not saying that we haven't played better, but we've hoofed it just as much effectively now. We've improved defensively I guess but just before Ramsey left we'd conceded only 2 in 4 to decent teams (Derby and Brentford).
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Deny dross , long ball aint to bad but long ball plus dross on dross deserve abuse

Comment

Don't really see the Warnock factor to be honest, 3rd 1-0 defeat on the spin away from home and a 0-0 home game with Preston, simply not good enough for the players we have in the squad. Sooner we get a new fresh manager in the better to try and get us playing in a different manner, as the way we are playing is basically just boring and has been all season.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            Don't really see the Warnock factor to be honest, 3rd 1-0 defeat on the spin away from home and a 0-0 home game with Preston, simply not good enough for the players we have in the squad. Sooner we get a new fresh manager in the better to try and get us playing in a different manner, as the way we are playing is basically just boring and has been all season.
                            I think there has been an improvement but I think that's more to do with the placebo effect of getting a new manager in at all. Just gives the players a bit more confidence if they've lost it in the previous manager. Think The back line has been solid for quite a while recently and the only real thing we've seen from NW is the reinstatement of Faurlin to the starting line up which just calms things down when we are on the ball. As Dogsrrs said above, seeing nicer football for sure but don't think that's Warnock, think thats Faurlin playing in the middle. We played nice football against Hull ffs and the common factor was Faurlin.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                              And when we get a fresh manager in will the football start imediatly Kit ? He'll still need to get his idea's and his systems over to the players

Comment

Working...
                              X