No announcement yet.

Warnock factor.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's nearly 67 and says he doesn't want the job FFS. There are half a dozen better options.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
      He's nearly 67 and says he doesn't want the job FFS. There are half a dozen better options.
      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
        And when we get a fresh manager in will the football start imediatly Kit ? He'll still need to get his idea's and his systems over to the players
        This with bells on. And how long will the new man be given to implement his ideas and philosophy before people start calling for his head? Not long, I'd wager.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          And when we get a fresh manager in will the football start imediatly Kit ? He'll still need to get his idea's and his systems over to the players
          Agreed that's why I say as soon as possible, as it takes time, look at Klopp took him 5 games or so but has now got Liverppol playing his way. The players we have could and should be competing for the play offs not 5 points off bottom 3. Lack of style and format all season have made us look disjointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
            Agreed that's why I say as soon as possible, as it takes time, look at Klopp took him 5 games or so but has now got Liverppol playing his way. The players we have could and should be competing for the play offs not 5 points off bottom 3. Lack of style and format all season have made us look disjointed.
            I'd guess it would take a lot more than 5 games for our motley crew to implement the tactics of a top coach. Liverpool have top draw players who are physically and mentally equipped to adapt to new game plans. Our players on the other hand are technically poor, unfit and frankly not to bright (in a footballing sence), for this reason I think top technical coaches should be avoided (players won't get it), the long ball game I fear is the most we can hope for, thus a long ball manger is required.

Comment

Well it's only taken Warnock 2 games to show the signs that we have become sound in defence surely that will help whoever we appoint

Comment

Originally posted by bigbob View Post
                I'd guess it would take a lot more than 5 games for our motley crew to implement the tactics of a top coach. Liverpool have top draw players who are physically and mentally equipped to adapt to new game plans. Our players on the other hand are technically poor, unfit and frankly not to bright (in a footballing sence), for this reason I think top technical coaches should be avoided (players won't get it), the long ball game I fear is the most we can hope for, thus a long ball manger is required.
                Our players are technically poor? Faurlin, Chery, Fer, Phillips, Jet, Tozser, Luongo, Hoilett, Angella, Yun. Relative to their positions, these are not players I'd consider technically poor. Even Onuoha can dribble well relative to most centre backs. If we bring a manager to play bad football, then people will complain about winning with bad football. It's the QPR way to find something to complain about. Bringing a coach in who is technically intelligent will improve those players and give good football as a result. Winning will come over time, but style has to be pushed.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Our players are technically poor? Faurlin, Chery, Fer, Phillips, Jet, Tozser, Luongo, Hoilett, Angella, Yun. Relative to their positions, these are not players I'd consider technically poor. Even Onuoha can dribble well relative to most centre backs. If we bring a manager to play bad football, then people will complain about winning with bad football. It's the QPR way to find something to complain about. Bringing a coach in who is technically intelligent will improve those players and give good football as a result. Winning will come over time, but style has to be pushed.
                  Absolutely

Comment

Wish someone would teach fer,Sandro, Ale, phillips etc etc etc where the back of the net is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Wish someone would teach fer,Sandro, Ale, phillips etc etc etc where the back of the net is.
                      I keep thinking back to that glorious chance Phillips had Friday night. If he had takeno a touch that was a goal all day long.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

That's why he's not an 8 million pound player mate. Nobody paid it cos he doesn't chip in with hardly any finishes,

Comment

Working...
                        X