NW will be appointed Manager....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NW will be appointed Manager....

Its so obvious! They gave NW a chance to show what can he do with our current squad and, depending on the results, will be appointed until the end of the season. The owners do not want to spend loads of money on a big name Manager, neither do they want to gamble again on an upcoming one. As I see it, they want an experienced man in the CCC and someone that could be able to take the best out of our current players. With that in mind, there will be a push for promotion and if we fail, then NW is off and the big names as well. Then it will make sense to appoint an up and coming Manager to work with the likes of Jet, Cherry, Furlong, Luongo, Smithies, Hall, Doughty etc. So for the time being, its either promotion or start from scratch.

The problem with that reading of events is that it is a massive gamble - if the plan for today is to get promoted, ie the old Plan B (Plan A was stability and sustainability but that was yesterday's model).

My memory of our promotion under NW was that by some stroke of genius he got AT fired up and a clear tactical plan that catered for this. It wont be so easy this time: we have no one with the same game changing ability. I bet you even money than NW would take him back tomorrow for the rest of the season. Either way promotion is a far longer shot this time round - in our promotion season under NW we hit the ground running so by this point we were well on our way....
    Last edited by hal9thou; 19-11-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Oh please not anther load of dragged out shlt again in the summer , why did'nt they just say Warnocks got it 3 weeks ago we'd have just as happy as any of these speculated names that have been bandied about

Comment

No don't think so, it has been denied too many times by NW, who said all along any appointment wouldn't be made until December, after the next 4 games.

Comment

If they have someone in their minds, why wait until the end of the month? And why let NW bring his Assistant to help him? Is his assistant here for three weeks only? Thus this make any sense? Ok....we are QPR! However, the writing is on the wall. Even Harry Redknapp stressed that NW wants the job! He will be here until the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
            If they have someone in their minds, why wait until the end of the month? And why let NW bring his Assistant to help him? Is his assistant here for three weeks only? Thus this make any sense? Ok....we are QPR! However, the writing is on the wall. Even Harry Redknapp stressed that NW wants the job! He will be here until the end of the season.
            I could believe it Marty I get the feeling Les hasn't as strong a bite on Tony's ear as he once had

Comment

I have a feeiling that a manager can be installed very soon. I don´t think it will be Warnock.
              QPR
              Best team in the world
              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                I have a feeiling that a manager can be installed very soon. I don´t think it will be Warnock.
                Agreed I am beginning to think perhaps there is some compensation / contract issue to be resolved with the new manager, hence why NW has stated it will be in December and why he brought in KB in the interim period. Too quiet for me for nothing to be going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  No don't think so, it has been denied too many times by NW, who said all along any appointment wouldn't be made until December, after the next 4 games.
                  If we win 4 in a row, he's not going anywhere!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Agreed I am beginning to think perhaps there is some compensation / contract issue to be resolved with the new manager, hence why NW has stated it will be in December and why he brought in KB in the interim period. Too quiet for me for nothing to be going on.
                    Agreed.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Its strange he has been allowed to bring in Blackwell or would want to only for another couple of games , seems like he is thinking more long term than he is saying, still think its Sherwood (if he wants it)

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                        Its so obvious! They gave NW a chance to show what can he do with our current squad and, depending on the results, will be appointed until the end of the season. The owners do not want to spend loads of money on a big name Manager, neither do they want to gamble again on an upcoming one. As I see it, they want an experienced man in the CCC and someone that could be able to take the best out of our current players. With that in mind, there will be a push for promotion and if we fail, then NW is off and the big names as well. Then it will make sense to appoint an up and coming Manager to work with the likes of Jet, Cherry, Furlong, Luongo, Smithies, Hall, Doughty etc. So for the time being, its either promotion or start from scratch.
                        There is an interview with Neil on qpr player today and he's saying he's got two more games to take charge of and then the new manager will be in.

Comment

paddy Kenny tore his contract up today. Is guest at club on Saturday and one of Warnocks boys!!! Would not be surprised to see him arrive in some coaching role.

Comment

Better the devil you know, love warnock I'd be happy to see Neil take the reigns from here. See the improvement v Preston in one game!
                            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                              If we win 4 in a row, he's not going anywhere!
                              Got more chance of a Lotto win or Rachel Riley chomping on my nether regions....

Comment

Working...
                              X