Who Picked Warnock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Picked Warnock?

So I'm fairly intrigued as to how the whole Warnock "Advisor" appointment came about. Obviously at the time we were led to believe it was Ramsey's decision, although as things have panned out that now seems pretty ridiculous. A couple of articles in the press are talking about a power struggle between Les and Warnock. If these articles are true then it would probably also suggest it wasn't Les' idea either.

Could Tony really have gone above the Manager and DOF's head and appointed an advisor who also happens to be our most successful manager in recent years? Worrying for me if this is the case. I would feel seriously undermined if I was either Chris Ramsey or Les Ferdinand.

Does anybody have any insight?

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    So I'm fairly intrigued as to how the whole Warnock "Advisor" appointment came about. Obviously at the time we were led to believe it was Ramsey's decision, although as things have panned out that now seems pretty ridiculous. A couple of articles in the press are talking about a power struggle between Les and Warnock. If these articles are true then it would probably also suggest it wasn't Les' idea either.

Could Tony really have gone above the Manager and DOF's head and appointed an advisor who also happens to be our most successful manager in recent years? Worrying for me if this is the case. I would feel seriously undermined if I was either Chris Ramsey or Les Ferdinand.

Why do you think it might be TF and not Reuben?
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Has there really been a power struggle or is it just paper talk?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
        Good question. You can't really trust anything written in the Daily Fail can you?

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          I really don't know Richard. It's why I asked the question on here. See if anyone has any insight!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            Lucky Dip . first name out of the hat
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              Or maybe both? Maybe they settled their differences by playing rock paper scissors and paper (Warnock) won?
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

As far as Ramsey is concerned, so what . He has gone now and undermined or not he wasn't good enough.

If Tony F did go over their heads then well done Tony!

The big buddy double act between LF and CR was going nowhere and we are now in a much better position with a trusted and liked Warnock in charge of first team matters till we can hopefully find the right replacement to take us forward.

I'm happy with the current situation.

Comment

It was a great shout to get NW in. I suspect he was there slightly longer than we where aware of.
                  I suspect his findings determined CR's fate. The other bonus is it gives the board time to access it's options and get the next appointment.

I still think MH was a good appointment, never wanted HR, I kind of understood why they went the CR route, all the "major stars" where to be cleared out, all young players coming through, CR would get the time to coach them, blah, blah.

With all these guys staying,CR should have changed systems but he tried to teach old dogs new tricks, no chance.

I think the set up has changed for the better, a head coach is what's required, the infrastructure is being replaced, I watched the U21's on Friday and they played some lovely football, lots of young players in that team,the future looks good, LF and CR have put that together.

So in short, I understand every decision to this point, this one is defining, good luck you hoops!
                  Last edited by californiahoop; 18-11-2015, 10:20 AM.
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

warnock

warnock with seven promotions is in the same division as brian clough bill shankley don revie sir alex fergusion

cris ramsey couldnt even run a bot cubs football team

hes a good coach but only really suitable for youth team football
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Who brought Warnock in I would suggest Amit Bharti gave T F , L F , and the rest of the clowns an ultimatum bring Warnock in or we take action

Comment

All Amit's doing.

Comment

Warnock picked warnock.
                          Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                          Lovejoy: "No?!"
                          Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

I dont think Warnock is quite the saint everyone seems to believe. A good mate of mine works for the club and has done for a few years now in a fairly senior role. He dont like saying to much and i respect that so dont ask, but has told me a few stories when hes had a few.

He reckons Barton got Warnock the sack the first time round. Went and complained to TF about the lack of quality in training and that they were getting undone time and time again by his poor tactical awareness. Said he didnt want to play under him.

Another one is Warnock used to bring all his washing in for the kit man to do. When he refused to iron it, warnock wanted him sacked. Would also tell the media team what to ask him and lost it a few times when the questions deviated from what he wanted. Apparently a few stories similar to this and the not so high up members of the club didn't like him.

me personally - think he done a great job at the club and his job was to win football games, which he done best in the league at that time. Will always thank him for what he done for us, but not sure it is the right move, moving forward

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                              I dont think Warnock is quite the saint everyone seems to believe. A good mate of mine works for the club and has done for a few years now in a fairly senior role. He dont like saying to much and i respect that so dont ask, but has told me a few stories when hes had a few.

He reckons Barton got Warnock the sack the first time round. Went and complained to TF about the lack of quality in training and that they were getting undone time and time again by his poor tactical awareness. Said he didnt want to play under him.

Another one is Warnock used to bring all his washing in for the kit man to do. When he refused to iron it, warnock wanted him sacked. Would also tell the media team what to ask him and lost it a few times when the questions deviated from what he wanted. Apparently a few stories similar to this and the not so high up members of the club didn't like him.

me personally - think he done a great job at the club and his job was to win football games, which he done best in the league at that time. Will always thank him for what he done for us, but not sure it is the right move, moving forward
                              QPR in a nutshell.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X