Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neil Warnock to stay at QPR until end of November....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two weeks. That's what we're talking about, two weeks. At the end of the month we will have missed out on other managers and Warnock will be here for the season - which is probably the idea anyway. OK, fine - could be worse for now.......until we're in the same position next Summer when he doesn't want it any longer. Farce. Why give out these non-statements? If we've got nothing to say, say nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
      Neil Warnock to stay at QPR until end of November...

http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...nd-of-november
      Think Warnock will be with us to end of the season

Comment

It was completed 3 months later ! We kept the door open because Clement said he wasn't going to be available untill his season ran out

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
          Good!
          Very sensible of the club imo. Read that theres been a lot of applicants for the job and that we're in the process of interviewing.... doing the right thing and not steaming in and appointing the 1st name.
          But we are in danger of taking too long. We must have had someone in mind before binning Ramsey - if not, that is rank amateurism. Most people on here want Pearson. How you all going to feel if Foolham get him because we've taken too long? There has been ample time for interviews so far and this break was an ideal time to bring someone in. This all points to it being Warnock - and always was.

Comment

It's not as if we haven't got anyone capable to look after the team over the next few weeks. I think they are doing it right this time and in interviewing many people will give them more of an idea who to appoint rather than going for the easy option which is how it seemed with the last 3 managers. If anyone they interview really wants the job and thinks he can be successful then he will wait and not just take another job because it happens to be available. After all a football managers job is a little different than a normal job you and i would take. If they don't feel the current squad is capable and they will not be backed in the transfer market along with training regimes and facilities/plan then they will go elsewhere. Whereas we have plans in place for a training ground and stadium and to improve the club from top to bottom(this just takes time to implement), then this could be enough to get and motivate any good manager with ambition.

Comment

Good news, but "until end of season" would have been even better news.
              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                But we are in danger of taking too long. We must have had someone in mind before binning Ramsey - if not, that is rank amateurism. Most people on here want Pearson. How you all going to feel if Foolham get him because we've taken too long? There has been ample time for interviews so far and this break was an ideal time to bring someone in. This all points to it being Warnock - and always was.
                Whos to say we didnt have someone in mind to take over from Ramsey? Les has come out and said there have been 'loads' who have applied for the role, even through out Europe... personaly I didnt expect that to happen, thought we'd only have a hand full of names to chose from. Maybe that also through the board, maybe some of the names that have come forward are not only unexpected but better suited for the job than the person who they 'could have' had lined up to take over.

For me we're doing the right thing, especially if theres a lot of names to chose from.
                SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                  At the end of the month we will have missed out on other managers.
                  Like who? Alex McLeish, Tim Sherwood, Ian Holloway....yeah...better get moving on the interviews

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    Statement from club on 1st December will include the following words - Warnock - experience - period of transition - knows the club - consolidate - Hill.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Like who? Alex McLeish, Tim Sherwood, Ian Holloway....yeah...better get moving on the interviews

I hope we really take our time if that is the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

When will the penny drop
                        Les talks Tony talks and Hoos talks a lot but you know the saying

Talk a lot but say nothing

Comment

If whoever has been interviewed if they then take another job within days then they weren't really committed to being with us. Anyone who actually really wants the job will wait to see if they have got it. Plus we don't know that if someone has had an interview they haven't been told "sorry, you're not who we want at this moment in time". For instance IF they interview Pearson (and there has been nothing concrete to say we are), then they may get a wrong impression during the interview. He may come across as too cocky or difficult to get along with as so it seems in his pre/post match comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            im absolutely floored that i completely agree with this. not the opinion of it, but that i agree with the hamster on something
                            Rangers Til I Die
                            follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

cant be ar$ed to read thru all of this. as per usual, 10ish posts in and people start having a moan about something.

this is a sensible move - all the "top contenders" we had short listed went elsewhere: lambert blackburn, poyet abroad, warburton told media hes staying in scotland, kenny jackett also said no, .....
                              rather than have a moan about No one wants to take this poisoned chalice of a job, we're keeping the bloke who knows how to do a job in the championship and that most fans like.. in the job!
                              cherry on top = we skirt the whole "warnock doesnt want the job permanently" issue until a later date.

whats there to whinge about? ffs!

COYRS! roll on Friday!
                              Rangers Til I Die
                              follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Warnock is a million miles better than Ramsey and also probably waaay better than anyone else out there at sorting the mess out that is Qpr.

No hurry and no worries...

...All the impatient people need to realize that though the out of favour managers might get new jobs in the meantime, also managers currently in jobs will lose theirs. Who's not to say a top manager won't be sacked by a Prem club before xmas and we snap him up, something we couldn't do right now?

Warnock is a safe pair of hands. We don't need to rush anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X