Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do, today,Build th if you were completely in charge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do, today,Build th if you were completely in charge?

Just read this very incisive and sobering piece on QPr's past, current and future predicament (http://www.palatinate.org.uk/?p=64185).

So the question is, if you were completely in charge of QPR today, what would yo do. For me, here are six starting points:

(1) Establish an ethos at this Club, reflected by everyone from owners and management to players, that moving forward we will be the one Club all know will bring their "A" game every game; with players fully conditioned, fighting for every ball, giving everything they have on the pitch, with a style of play that managers coach, and management staffs with players who fit that model

(2) If he's game, retain Warnock until the end of the season with options beyond that to give us confidence and stability. I for one like his style, admire his experience, and feel he "gets it" from the fans' point of view

(3) Prepare to move Austin, Sandro, Fer and Green by or past season's end. Charlie's leaving is academic, Sandro is always in injury, Fer is inconsistent, and Green doesn't allow for us to groom Smithies or anyone else as our next generation goalkeeper.

(4) Build our next team for speed; speed on the front line; speed on our corner backs; speed everywhere. Our style the past few seasons has been maddeningly slow and plodding; that's gotta go.

(5) Extend an assistant coaching role to Clint Hill after this season; he's bloody earned it, and will be a player motivator

(6) Re-image the entire Club from being a highly paid cast of under performers to a younger, hungrier, grittier bunch of "underdogs" who play to win.
    Last edited by Qprtanpa1; 14-11-2015, 06:24 PM. Reason: Typo in title

I like this idea, I'm gonna put my 6 down:

1) Ensure that we have replacements for every player expected to leave at least 6 months before they move on and have them working with the first team to blood them in.

2) Ensure a base of 3 possible styles of play (at least) are available and make sure that these are in use at all levels of the club (All ages).

3) Hire someone with a clear vision and direction for the club, who understands exactly what his role will be as first team coach and how he will play into the ethos we want. Give him the objective, you show us that we have a future under you either by giving youth a chance or by winning regularly.

4) roll players over 31 on a one year contract if they keep performances up. Make them feel wanted, they will tend to be the leaders of the dressing room and we need them on our side as they will bring the youth in and develop them.

5) Replace the Fitness and Physio departments of the club at any costs. We have problems here, this is a vital element of success.

6) Increase bonus fees while reducing basic wages. Make sure players are pushing to succeed. I don't care if they do it for the badge or not, as long as they get it done.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

fundamentally get the playing staff right and most important of all, the youth system needs looking at urgently. The paltry number of youngsters that have come through the ranks is scandalous
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

If come Xmas we are still bang average and not looking like play offs are on the horizon then I would sell charlie for as much as we can and go and get two decent championship striker we can bleed in. 8 mill to us is a lot of money to be ignoring and would only make sense to keep charlie if we go on some crazy winning run that propels us into contenders again.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          I like this idea, I'm gonna put my 6 down:

1) Ensure that we have replacements for every player expected to leave at least 6 months before they move on and have them working with the first team to blood them in.

2) Ensure a base of 3 possible styles of play (at least) are available and make sure that these are in use at all levels of the club (All ages).

3) Hire someone with a clear vision and direction for the club, who understands exactly what his role will be as first team coach and how he will play into the ethos we want. Give him the objective, you show us that we have a future under you either by giving youth a chance or by winning regularly.

4) roll players over 31 on a one year contract if they keep performances up. Make them feel wanted, they will tend to be the leaders of the dressing room and we need them on our side as they will bring the youth in and develop them.

5) Replace the Fitness and Physio departments of the club at any costs. We have problems here, this is a vital element of success.

6) Increase bonus fees while reducing basic wages. Make sure players are pushing to succeed. I don't care if they do it for the badge or not, as long as they get it done.
          Pretty much agree with all of that, I'd also bring in the best defensive coach I could find.

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
            Just read this very incisive and sobering piece on QPr's past, current and future predicament (http://www.palatinate.org.uk/?p=64185).

So the question is, if you were completely in charge of QPR today, what would yo do. For me, here are six starting points:

(1) Establish an ethos at this Club, reflected by everyone from owners and management to players, that moving forward we will be the one Club all know will bring their "A" game every game; with players fully conditioned, fighting for every ball, giving everything they have on the pitch, with a style of play that managers coach, and management staffs with players who fit that model

(2) If he's game, retain Warnock until the end of the season with options beyond that to give us confidence and stability. I for one like his style, admire his experience, and feel he "gets it" from the fans' point of view

(3) Prepare to move Austin, Sandro, Fer and Green by or past season's end. Charlie's leaving is academic, Sandro is always in injury, Fer is inconsistent, and Green doesn't allow for us to groom Smithies or anyone else as our next generation goalkeeper.

(4) Build our next team for speed; speed on the front line; speed on our corner backs; speed everywhere. Our style the past few seasons has been maddeningly slow and plodding; that's gotta go.

(5) Extend an assistant coaching role to Clint Hill after this season; he's bloody earned it, and will be a player motivator

(6) Re-image the entire Club from being a highly paid cast of under performers to a younger, hungrier, grittier bunch of "underdogs" who play to win.
            you lost me after using the word "corner back"

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              fundamentally get the playing staff right and most important of all, the youth system needs looking at urgently. The paltry number of youngsters that have come through the ranks is scandalous
              under-18's lost 8-1 at Colchester and on the same day the under-16's get a 10-0 drubbing
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                under-18's lost 8-1 at Colchester and on the same day the under-16's get a 10-0 drubbing
                The future looks bright then!

Comment

just get a team that can move the ball forward quickly , pass it backwards when we're winning 2 nil

Comment

Working...
                  X