"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Fair point, but experience is a key qualification unless you start at the very bottom. In terms of real world experience he had zilch. So giving him a DoF job in the Prem was a leap in the dark.
    I really think this whole thing of giving someone experience at the top being bad is a really negative thing. People will never be 'ready' for the top if they don't get a chance at the top. If you limit someone from the get go because they lack the experience, then you are making them getting the required experience all the more difficult. Bit like wanting to work in a major bank like goldman sachs but them demanding you get experience at a high street money lender. It makes no sense and you don't have the experience required to do it. You get some experience, sure, but its not the necessary experience. Les already had the fans on his side (don't know why that has changed so much after one appointment and a great summer for the club), he had the football knowledge plus a knowledge of the financial aspects thanks to the qualifications he's gotten. He has the pulling power to bring in very good players and can find a gem in attack (JET case in point, Polter I still have faith he will be good) thanks to his experience of that position, as well as a knowledge of those playing just behind the striker (that attacking 3) given that he knows how he'd want the ball delivered to him as a striker. I really think he will prove to be a great appointment at the club as long as the fans don't make the same mistake we always do and force people out because we don't have a long term vision.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I really think this whole thing of giving someone experience at the top being bad is a really negative thing. People will never be 'ready' for the top if they don't get a chance at the top. If you limit someone from the get go because they lack the experience, then you are making them getting the required experience all the more difficult. Bit like wanting to work in a major bank like goldman sachs but them demanding you get experience at a high street money lender. It makes no sense and you don't have the experience required to do it. You get some experience, sure, but its not the necessary experience. Les already had the fans on his side (don't know why that has changed so much after one appointment and a great summer for the club), he had the football knowledge plus a knowledge of the financial aspects thanks to the qualifications he's gotten. He has the pulling power to bring in very good players and can find a gem in attack (JET case in point, Polter I still have faith he will be good) thanks to his experience of that position, as well as a knowledge of those playing just behind the striker (that attacking 3) given that he knows how he'd want the ball delivered to him as a striker. I really think he will prove to be a great appointment at the club as long as the fans don't make the same mistake we always do and force people out because we don't have a long term vision.
      You are more than entitled to your opinion Nas but remember this is JUST your opinion. Wouldn't say the only way he fails is because the fans run him out, he might not be suited to the job. Just getting the relevant qualifications and being a well thought of player at a club doesnt mean you will be a successful DOF. His 1st recommendation has failed miserably, his 2nd better be up to scratch or the pressure will certainly be on. Oh and using Polter as an example of what Les has done good is laughable.

Have you not seen his half time shooting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post
        You are more than entitled to your opinion Nas but remember this is JUST your opinion. Wouldn't say the only way he fails is because the fans run him out, he might not be suited to the job. Just getting the relevant qualifications and being a well thought of player at a club doesnt mean you will be a successful DOF. His 1st recommendation has failed miserably, his 2nd better be up to scratch or the pressure will certainly be on. Oh and using Polter as an example of what Les has done good is laughable.

But the issue is that you seem to think that he's only there to hire coaches. Remember, he went to Malaysia to meet all the other big players in the decision. It isn't just down to him. They've probably also taken on board warnocks recommendation. So Les isn't the one to take the full blame, Ramsey was working here and doing a decent job with our youngsters. He played better football than Harry did when he first came in so the job became his. Whatever happened there happened, but you can't put the blame all down to Les. It's not his appointment, it's the whole club's.
        More importantly, you're ignoring again that his job isn't just hiring coaches, its bringing in players, keeping key players and getting rid of unwanted players. In that sense, Les has done wonders. But not enough people are giving him credit for that in the same way they are abusing him for the Ramsey situation.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

He can't and won't accept any other opinion, and just goes around the board spewing his essay length b***ox...

I suggest Neil Warnock is equally well equipped to perform the dof role and he just talks down to me......and everyone else as usual.

He's a wind up merchant...or to put it another way a #### stirrer

Comment

• Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            I suggest Neil Warnock is equally well equipped to perform the dof role
            I agree, and he's certainly vastly more experienced. Furthermore it's a role he's had ambitions for, for some time.

Comment

He can't and won't accept any other opinion, and just goes around the board spewing his essay length b***ox...

I suggest Neil Warnock is equally well equipped to perform the dof role and he just talks down to me......and everyone else as usual.

Would you mind getting over your unnecessary hatred of me. Just because I type a lot or I speak without an unnecessary amount of swearing, doesn't mean I talk down to everyone. You post your opinion, I post mine, giving a rebuttal with evidence. That's how debates work. Instead of continuing that trend, you go into a state of frenzy I suppose where I am evil in your eyes and just talk down to people. That's just not true. I'm more hopeful of the fact that you can come back and prove me wrong with facts or suggestions that give the impression that you might be correct in your statements. I will then come back with my own if I don't feel that your points are particularly valid and we continue like this. Its a debate on a message board.
              Also, how am I a wind up merchant for giving an opinion. Is it because its not the same as yours? You call me out on doing this, yet you are guilty of it yourself.

Comment

But the issue is that you seem to think that he's only there to hire coaches. Remember, he went to Malaysia to meet all the other big players in the decision. It isn't just down to him. They've probably also taken on board warnocks recommendation. So Les isn't the one to take the full blame, Ramsey was working here and doing a decent job with our youngsters. He played better football than Harry did when he first came in so the job became his. Whatever happened there happened, but you can't put the blame all down to Les. It's not his appointment, it's the whole club's.
                More importantly, you're ignoring again that his job isn't just hiring coaches, its bringing in players, keeping key players and getting rid of unwanted players. In that sense, Les has done wonders. But not enough people are giving him credit for that in the same way they are abusing him for the Ramsey situation.
                I accept that he has multiple roles and not just hiring coaches but hiring coaches or at least recommending his preferred candidate is one of them and so far he has failed in that capacity. (nobody can deny Ramsey was Les' man). I dont accept that Ramsey just fell into the job permanently, Les would have had a major influence in giving it to Ramsey full time. He is able to rectify it obviously with the next appointment but we will see. I would also disagree that the recruitment process over the summer was a success, or how you put it "les has done wonders", this was the main reason Ramsey failed as the expectations were shifted due to a lack of movement of expected players to leave. This may not be entirely Les' fault but it wouldn't be something I praised him for. The players that have been brought in havent set the world alight (Yet, I'm impressed with Hall and think Luongo is a good player but hasn't really shown it). I am in no means anti Les but so far his tenure hasnt been massively impressive but accept it is still very early to be able to say it is a failure.
                Last edited by Hove Ranger; 13-11-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

IMO, He is young and very updated !!
                  Last edited by Shania; 13-11-2015, 06:46 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

• People seem to want LF out because he has no experience in the role......yet want Wanock in it????

LF has had one transfer window, of which i personally think it was a success.

Comment

im hoping it's his ability behind the scenes is why he's kept his job, because to use Jem in a sentence with JET in it is madness.. If les is responsible for player recruitment then he's on very very thin ice. Jet is a big lumox, perch tozer angella konchesky have been awful, luongo flatters to deceive more often than not, chery may get accustomed to the champs and gladwin hasn't managed the step up from div one and we are still stuck with green in goal.guessing he pushed hard to get Ramsey the job (cheers les). Would rather we never had a DOF but if we have I'd hope his main issue was the struggle of QPRFC rather than the plight of black coaches in football, which he seems to make more statements on than he makes about the team.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                        im hoping it's his ability behind the scenes is why he's kept his job, because to use Jem in a sentence with JET in it is madness.. If les is responsible for player recruitment then he's on very very thin ice. Jet is a big lumox, perch tozer angella konchesky have been awful, luongo flatters to deceive more often than not, chery may get accustomed to the champs and gladwin hasn't managed the step up from div one and we are still stuck with green in goal.guessing he pushed hard to get Ramsey the job (cheers les). Would rather we never had a DOF but if we have I'd hope his main issue was the struggle of QPRFC rather than the plight of black coaches in football, which he seems to make more statements on than he makes about the team.
                        Think he is asked that question far more often than anyone else in the country though tbf.

What about the players we did move on?

Think your assessment of JET, konch, Luongo and Chery are all harsh & would argue Angella has hardly had the game time to be judged.

Comment

I dont judge Les on his playing days as that would be silly
                          Mullery was a great player and so was Wilkins. Being a great player thus not promote a person to being a good Manager.

Comment

• Op
                            Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                            Think he is asked that question far more often than anyone else in the country though tbf.

What about the players we did move on?
                            You could also ask about the players he didn't move on such as fer Sandro hoillet and Henry.. Dive given him 11 out of 10 if he moved junior on. JET will always be someone with talent who never plays above champs/div 1.
                            Think your assessment of JET, konch, Luongo and Chery are all harsh & would argue Angella has hardly had the game time to be judged.

Comment

Working...
                            X