No announcement yet.

"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warnock being snakey power struggles are ! who brought L F and C R to QPR ?

Comment

Well that pretty much contradicts what NW actually said in person this morning on Talksport. Asked if he wanted the job he repeatedly said full time didn't really interest him but he could see a role for him as a DOF whether at QPR or another club. He named Nigel Pearson after Alan Brazil had listed some candidates but said appointment might not happen until December and any new manager would want to avoid the next 4 games :-) He was definitely not bigging himself into the job more saying a new manager was more than likely and he would advise if asked.

Comment

Just seen that Kit......here is a link

Neil Warnock has told talkSPORT he is not in line for the permanent manager job at Queens Park Rangers, insisting he has only returned to his former club to help while they search for a new boss.

The 62-year-old moved back to Loftus Road in a first-team advisor role last month, but was quickly installed as interim head coach after the sacking of Chris Ramsey.

Warnock was in charge of the side for Saturday’s goalless draw at home to Preston, but insists his return to the dugout is only temporary and that club chiefs have already travelled to meet with chairman Tony Fernandes in Malaysia to discuss potential candidates.

Asked if he has submitted his CV for the role, the ex-QPR, Crystal Palace and Sheffield United boss told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast: “I don’t think I have to put it in.

“I was just glad to be asked to come back to the club for a couple of days to help the club move forward, and I think I can do that.

“Just having me here has made it easier for them, they don’t have to rush into anything and they have time to decide who the best man is for the job.

“Tony Fernandes comes over here in December for a month, so if it’s not done by then I think they’ll decide during that time while he’s here. They’ll look at all the candidates and I’m sure they’ll find someone who will take the club on.

“They’re all gone out to Malaysia this week, Les Ferdinand and chief executive Lee Hughes, and so they’re obviously going to be discussing it there. There are some good applicants, there are some good names around.

“There are about five of six managers mentioned – Paul Lambert and Nigel Pearson – in the papers, and quite rightly so, they’re all good candidates.

“It’s a decent squad at QPR and it only needs a few tweaks to it. For a manager it’s a fantastic place to be – It’s a great club, a lovely club, with good old fashioned fans. It’s a great atmosphere for a manager.”

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/exclus...2F2f76OsldK.99

http://talksport.com/football/exclus...ells-talksport

Comment

http://talksport.com/football/exclus...ells-talksport

And I think this is the final nail in the Warnock rumour, all that's required is the right head coach, Les, NW and CR back as head youth coach, job done!!
          Kept the faith!

Comment

Think Les should go do one, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Maido Warnock had a fortnight of a transfer window in which most of the decent available players had gone so don't throw that one at him

Now if your for or against Warnock think about Preston whether Warnock got tore into the players or not he has the players on side which is more than Ramsey had
              I agree with your point, there was not much time or planning that went into that transfer window. It was short term planning with no long term goal, just very expensive fire fighting that we have paid for over the last few years.

Don't get me wrong, I love Warnock for what he did and what he brought to the club that promotion season was a massive high with some great football being played to boot and for that we have only Warnock and Amit, for going and getting him, to thank. The point is though to appoint Warnock again it would only be until the end of the season, and then what? He is 66 years old, he is not going to be interested in planning for the next 5 years, building an academy.

It is the logic behind having a DoF, you have cohesion and consistency. You have one person who is a constant and you are able to seamlessly move between managers as you have a culture that is dictated from the top and fed down. Look at Southampton or Swansea, they can change manager as much as they like but it has no effect on how they play and how they succeed, they do not get rid of 18 players and sign up another 22 every summer. That is the point of a DoF and that is the model we should be striving towards unless the board want to write off another Ł180m in 5 years time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Do we know that as a fact? Ramsey said he asked for some help from a more experienced head. Is lying to the press even if its you getting undermined part of the head coach remit?
                Well I'd rather not go into too much detail but yes, I know this for a fact. Ramsey didn't want Warnock but felt he was given no choice. Accept the help or get the boot....

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  What a circus

I like NW's passion but I have to say I would rather he wasn't given the job.
                  What job Matty full time manager , manager while the club look further afield to make the right appointment or DOF , most posters want Pearson if he was appointed who would he work with better Warnock or Ferdinand ? , now before Stato gets on my case this is a question

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                    Well I'd rather not go into too much detail but yes, I know this for a fact. Ramsey didn't want Warnock but felt he was given no choice. Accept the help or get the boot....
                    Just my opinion I believe Ramsey was sacked as soon as Warnock walked in the door

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      The final nail on Ramsey's coffin came at Pride Park when Warnock stormed into the Rangers dressing-room and lambasted the players over the manager's head.
                      ]
                      I've heard this too, or something very similar....

Comment

Another gash on toast story by the daily fail.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                          I think its the usual press story containing some truth but then twisted with some speculation and hearsay...

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                            What about Warnock and his players?

#Kieron Dyer
                            #Danny Gabbidon
                            #DJ Campbell
                            #Brian Murphy
                            #Joey Barton
                            #Luke Young
                            #Armand Traoré
                            #Shaun Wright-Phillips
                            #Anton Ferdinand
                            Many of which had to be brought in at the very last minute because we had no money until tf came in !! You really think Warwick would have had those players as first choice signings if he'd had a bit more time ? They were the scraps and those scraps whichever way you want to dress it up kept qpr in the premier league something redknap and Hughes millions couldn't do

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                              Yeah that's what I thought too.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

As mentioned somewhere above, this is a Daily Fail article and with their history I suggest it is pure speculation. How do they know Warnock did what they allege? How do they know someone phoned Lambert or that Pearson and JFH are candidates - according to the evidence, our own Board haven't got a clue yet as they are in some far flung destination scratching their heads about it.

The one thing that is clear, as Cali notes, is that Derry is unlikely to feature, which personally I think is a shame.
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X