"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
    Well Derry has just taken the Cambridge Utd job so little truth in the Warnock Derry rumour.
    haha, yeah just saw that, kind kills my theory...though plans can change of course

Comment

I struggle to understand why we would go for Warnock. It is such a short term solution which will not benefit us in any way as far as balance and infrastructure are concerned. We need someone to build a squad and an infrastructure that can support us in the prem, not just get us there only to throw everyone away and start all over again in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        There are still managers who want sole control, which is fair enough, because if players are brought in he should bring them in, and they are his players not someone sitting in the background, because if it goes #### up the manager will get the blame, and we should be able to say you bought these players in its your team (like we were to H.R it was his players) rather than a team the manager is told to have and players he may not have wanted,
        I personally want someone in sole control of the way we play and the players on the pitch are his team. Part of Ramsey's demise may have been what he was told to have rather than what he wanted
        What about Warnock and his players?

#Kieron Dyer
        #Danny Gabbidon
        #DJ Campbell
        #Brian Murphy
        #Joey Barton
        #Luke Young
        #Armand Traoré
        #Shaun Wright-Phillips
        #Anton Ferdinand

Comment

Originally posted by californiahoop View Post
          Well Derry has just taken the Cambridge Utd job so little truth in the Warnock Derry rumour.
          Do they never get bored of making up nothing stories about us. An ex manager liked by everyone at the club was brought in to help out and be around to take over when the rookie manager who failed was sacked. They just love to change it into this eastern Dersingham style soap opera and sensationalism.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            And to think the official line we were fed was it was Ramsey who made the initial approach to Warnock over re-joining the club as 1st team adviser.
            And Brian did say 'personally feel' Stan, now we are calling warnock snakey etc over someones personal feeling.

Comment

Seems a bit far fetched to me. I never believe any paper.

Why would Ramsey want to work at QPR again, regardless of whether NW is manager or not?
              Why would QPR scrap the dof system after what, less than a year?
              The whole point was to oversee everything not just the 1st team.

Comment

As soon as article said Ferinand want Ramsey to arise control you could tell it's made up as if Les wanted that he would have stopped interfering and let Ramsry get on with the job and live and die by his own decisions

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  And Brian did say 'personally feel' Stan, now we are calling warnock snakey etc over someones personal feeling.
                  Well it was TF who approached Warnock and not Ramsey though......

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                    Well it was TF who approached Warnock and not Ramsey though......
                    Do we know that as a fact? Ramsey said he asked for some help from a more experienced head. Is lying to the press even if its you getting undermined part of the head coach remit?

Comment

And to think the official line we were fed was it was Ramsey who made the initial approach to Warnock over re-joining the club as 1st team adviser.
                      I don't think anyone truly believed that Stan, Ramsey would have never brought in someone like that imo
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Maidohoops View Post
                        What about Warnock and his players?

#Kieron Dyer
                        #Danny Gabbidon
                        #DJ Campbell
                        #Brian Murphy
                        #Joey Barton
                        #Luke Young
                        #Armand Traoré
                        #Shaun Wright-Phillips
                        #Anton Ferdinand
                        Maido Warnock had a fortnight of a transfer window in which most of the decent available players had gone so don't throw that one at him

Now if your for or against Warnock think about Preston whether Warnock got tore into the players or not he has the players on side which is more than Ramsey had

Comment

Hopefully all just paper talk and you're right Kev, but you just never know with the QPR circus. #smokewithoutfire?

Comment

Do we know that as a fact? Ramsey said he asked for some help from a more experienced head. Is lying to the press even if its you getting undermined part of the head coach remit?
                            Good point. I saw footage of CR & NW before the derby game chatting and smiling to another bloke. If CR wasn't comfortable
                            with NW being here surely he wouldn't be passing the time or listening to anecdotes with him

Comment

Hopefully all just paper talk and you're right Kev, but you just never know with the QPR circus. #smokewithoutfire?
                              I know Stan, I just want it all to stop and the team to start going on a winning/unbeaten run. So boring now.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                                Good point. I saw footage of CR & NW before the derby game chatting and smiling to another bloke. If CR wasn't comfortable
                                with NW being here surely he wouldn't be passing the time or listening to anecdotes with him
                                I think it is feasible that Ramsey could see he was very close to getting the chop and asked if they could get Warnock to help him as his last throw of the dice to save his job, cos I do also believe he loved that job so much.

Comment

Working...
                                X