"QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "QPR locked in power struggle between Ferdinand and Warnock"

QPR are locked in the middle of a power struggle between director of football Les Ferdinand and first-team advisor Neil Warnock that has already cost one manager his job and will affect who owner Tony Fernandes decides to appoint as a replacement.

Ferdinand has been trying to persuade Fernandes and chief executive Lee Hoos in Malaysia this week that he would not like to see Warnock given the job for the rest of the season as the 66-year-old wants.

A call was placed on Tuesday night to Paul Lambert to let him know he would be a genuine candidate should he turn down Blackburn Rovers, while Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Nigel Pearson are also under consideration.

Warnock, a former Hoops boss, returned to the club in a consultancy capacity last month but his presence undermined Ramsey before he was sacked last week after the team lost 1-0 at Derby County.

The final nail on Ramsey's coffin came at Pride Park when Warnock stormed into the Rangers dressing-room and lambasted the players over the manager's head.

A stunned Ferdinand wanted Ramsey, a close friend, to seize control but he failed to do so, and his departure was announced with the club convinced he had lost his authority.

Warnock, who has won seven promotions as a manager, has said since that he would expect to be consulted on the club's next manager and took charge of Saturday's game against Preston which finished 0-0.

Ferdinand, a club legend as a player, believes Warnock is angling for the job on a permanent basis which would undermine his own authority.

To add to the confusion, Fernandes is leaning more on American Hoos, who joined the club last summer from Burnley.

A settlement with Ramsey, who signed a three-year contract in May, is also being discussed in the Far East and Rangers would like the highly-rated coach to stay at the club in some capacity.

Fernandes gave an update on Twitter in response to a question from a fan: 'Have the board reached a conclusion on a new manager for QPR Tony?'
    The Rangers owner replied: 'not yet. Les and Lee in kl at the moment. Discussing many things including your question but no rush.'

Warnock led QPR to promotion to the Premier League in 2011/12 but was sacked the following January after an eight-game winless streak left them in 17th position.

To add to the sense of farce, Ferdinand has been struck by food poisoning while in Malaysia and had to delay his return to England.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490

What a circus

I like NW's passion but I have to say I would rather he wasn't given the job.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Personally feel Warnock has been maneuvering himself into position for a while now with Shaun Derry as assistant. I read that Derry had been attending training sessions before Ramsey left plus he has a lot to say about QPR lately if you follow him on twitter, newspaper column too. All carefully planned by Warnock's agent would be my guess. Just how football works I suppose.

Comment

The daily mail, say no more
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Handbags at dawn!!
          In the blue corner we have the veteran Neil "Don't call me Colin or I kill you" Warnock!!!
          In the red corner we have the magnificent Sir Les "I'll stomach-bug you to death" Ferdinand!!!
          Fight! Fight! Fight!
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

If Ramsey allowed Warnock to come in the dressing room and lambast his players, then he deserved to be sacked!
            Kept the faith!

Comment

I would like Colin to be given the job, just to put my two pennorth in.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                QPR are locked in the middle of a power struggle between director of football Les Ferdinand and first-team advisor Neil Warnock that has already cost one manager his job and will affect who owner Tony Fernandes decides to appoint as a replacement.

Ferdinand has been trying to persuade Fernandes and chief executive Lee Hoos in Malaysia this week that he would not like to see Warnock given the job for the rest of the season as the 66-year-old wants.

A call was placed on Tuesday night to Paul Lambert to let him know he would be a genuine candidate should he turn down Blackburn Rovers, while Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink and Nigel Pearson are also under consideration.

Warnock, a former Hoops boss, returned to the club in a consultancy capacity last month but his presence undermined Ramsey before he was sacked last week after the team lost 1-0 at Derby County.

The final nail on Ramsey's coffin came at Pride Park when Warnock stormed into the Rangers dressing-room and lambasted the players over the manager's head.

A stunned Ferdinand wanted Ramsey, a close friend, to seize control but he failed to do so, and his departure was announced with the club convinced he had lost his authority.

Warnock, who has won seven promotions as a manager, has said since that he would expect to be consulted on the club's next manager and took charge of Saturday's game against Preston which finished 0-0.

Ferdinand, a club legend as a player, believes Warnock is angling for the job on a permanent basis which would undermine his own authority.

To add to the confusion, Fernandes is leaning more on American Hoos, who joined the club last summer from Burnley.

A settlement with Ramsey, who signed a three-year contract in May, is also being discussed in the Far East and Rangers would like the highly-rated coach to stay at the club in some capacity.

Fernandes gave an update on Twitter in response to a question from a fan: 'Have the board reached a conclusion on a new manager for QPR Tony?'
                The Rangers owner replied: 'not yet. Les and Lee in kl at the moment. Discussing many things including your question but no rush.'

Warnock led QPR to promotion to the Premier League in 2011/12 but was sacked the following January after an eight-game winless streak left them in 17th position.

To add to the sense of farce, Ferdinand has been struck by food poisoning while in Malaysia and had to delay his return to England.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo..._campaign=1490
                QUITE SIMPLE TONY, let Neil carry on until a suitable candidate found and sack the DOF, He's already made a humongous mistake employing a novice on a 3 year contract don't let him fu(k up again GET RID

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Personally feel Warnock has been maneuvering himself into position for a while now with Shaun Derry as assistant. I read that Derry had been attending training sessions before Ramsey left plus he has a lot to say about QPR lately if you follow him on twitter, newspaper column too. All carefully planned by Warnock's agent would be my guess. Just how football works I suppose.
                  Very snakey from NW.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

As for Les, the CR thing didn't work out, it was s tough call to make in the summer, I hope he made it with his head?

Warnock is a crafty #######, but we really do need him right now, some shuffling needs to be done but I see no reason why a happy medium can't be reached.

The problem now is the type of manager that could work under this regime, it has to be a young manager with the ability to galvanise these players.

I believe a foreign young manager is the only way forward, someone with international standing, good luck!
                    Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                      Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                      Very snakey from NW.
                      And to think the official line we were fed was it was Ramsey who made the initial approach to Warnock over re-joining the club as 1st team adviser.

Comment

I think this was on the cards wasn't it. Can't seeing NW working under LF. Everybody knew what was on the cards when TF bought him in.. Even CR knew.
                        C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                          I think this was on the cards wasn't it. Can't seeing NW working under LF. Everybody knew what was on the cards when TF bought him in.. Even CR knew.
                          As said above, we were told that it was at Ramsey's instigation to bring Warnock in. Not TF.

Comment

There are still managers who want sole control, which is fair enough, because if players are brought in he should bring them in, and they are his players not someone sitting in the background, because if it goes #### up the manager will get the blame, and we should be able to say you bought these players in its your team (like we were to H.R it was his players) rather than a team the manager is told to have and players he may not have wanted,
                            I personally want someone in sole control of the way we play and the players on the pitch are his team. Part of Ramsey's demise may have been what he was told to have rather than what he wanted

Comment

Well Derry has just taken the Cambridge Utd job so little truth in the Warnock Derry rumour.
                              Kept the faith!

Comment

Working...
                              X