Do you think fans are partly to blame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    You can hardly say spoilt. Yes we can remember the great late 80s-90s but the fans younger than 30 have been given 1 great day. Realistic pls west.
    I've had many great days as a fan, off the top of my head, Stoke at home, Chelsea at home, Chelsea at Stamford Bridge, Wembley, Leeds home when we won the league, Etihad that day (wish I was there), Wigan Home for play offs.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by qprdel View Post
      If you did the job that you are paid to do properly there would be no need for critisism.
      These players are paid handsomly to do a job,

You dont expect your plumber or electrician to screw up just because you are not nice.
      If you scream and shout at him while he's trying to do his job, is he gonna do any better? Of course not.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        If you scream and shout at him while he's trying to do his job, is he gonna do any better? Of course not.
        Imagine yourself working in a production environment and while you're trying to concentrate on your job, your boss is staring at you, shouting and insult you with all kind of adjectives. Will you be able to do a good job?

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
          Imagine yourself working in a production environment and while you're trying to concentrate on your job, your boss is staring at you, shouting and insult you with all kind of adjectives. Will you be able to do a good job?
          Exactly, you cannot win with this abuse.

Comment

I'd imagine most players couldn't give a monkey's what the crowd shout

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Cantona never gave a monkeys. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Cantona never gave a monkeys. Ha.
                Yeah but that bloke dissed his mum.....that's the line crossed!

Comment

Couldn't be further from the truth mate. Honestly, the crowd makes a huge difference to everyone. Klopp, one of the most honest guys in football said that he felt alone when Liverpool fans left at 82 minutes. It doesn't help when you don't have the fans on your side.

When I played a bit more seriously than I do now, the support of the crowds (few hundred in my case) makes a huge difference to your confidence and your desire to move forward and attack.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Couldn't be further from the truth mate. Honestly, the crowd makes a huge difference to everyone. Klopp, one of the most honest guys in football said that he felt alone when Liverpool fans left at 82 minutes. It doesn't help when you don't have the fans on your side.

When I played a bit more seriously than I do now, the support of the crowds (few hundred in my case) makes a huge difference to your confidence and your desire to move forward and attack.
                    Your talking about atmosphere, which I agree can get players going.

I'm talking about the abuse from a few p*ssed blokes telling a player how sh*t he is. Most players will blank that out.

Comment

Don't hear any of it in A block

Comment

Originally posted by qprdad View Post
                        Don't hear any of it in A block
                        Tbf you don't hear much at all in A block.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Fully agree with the OP and find the atmosphere at Rangers especially at home pretty toxic. Wherever I sit (have moved ST 3 times in the last 5 years) I seem to be surrounded by negativity. Particular highlight's were Austin being told to '#### off to Newcastle' on the opening game of this season after he shot off target. One time I lost it was young Furlong getting abuse screamed at him for being #### after getting done by Alexis Sanchez for Arsenal's second goal. Furlong, 17 years old, making his home debut against the top winger in the country and getting pure abuse for struggling. That was too much for me but sums up the 'I pay my money I'll say what I want' brigade. In truth it's up to other supporters to tell them to shut it but it feels like a lost cause at times. The claim has always been 'we just want players to give it their all' well I feel they near enough do that and have done for quite some time now (Armand Traore excepted). These are no Boswinga's pulling on the jersey at the moment. Truth is giving their all isn't enough, they also have to perform very well every game, and we have to win every game, and be winning at half time every game or else the abuse will start

Comment

I'm talking about the abuse from a few p*ssed blokes telling a player how sh*t he is. Most players will blank that out.
                            They try to, but the one thing we always say about loftus road is that everyone can hear everything. I think players can hear those individuals and will try to block them out but its tough. Irrespective, the OP's point was the atmosphere in general being toxic, which I don't think anyone can disagree with.

Comment

Don't agree I think they pretend not to hear as they cannot react like man on street would

Saying that some players do give bit back

Comment

Originally posted by foggy View Post
                                Do you think fans are partly to blame?
                                Very much so, it saddens me to say. Very good OP too, I agree with every word and such a well-expressed post has been long-overdue.

Unfortunately we do have our fair share of idiotic numbskulls in the crowd who only make things harder for the players to perform, and frankly we'd be much better off without them, or chucking them in the away end. How much a player earns is not part of the equation. Rudimentary psychology IS however.

Comment

Working...
                                X