Never abused a player, why waste it on the pawns
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
      You can hardly say spoilt. Yes we can remember the great late 80s-90s but the fans younger than 30 have been given 1 great day. Realistic pls west.
      WeAre recent years we have been spoilt and fans have played part in current shambles that's my take

Comment

Originally posted by qprdel View Post
        If you did the job that you are paid to do properly there would be no need for critisism.
        These players are paid handsomly to do a job,

You dont expect your plumber or electrician to screw up just because you are not nice.
        im a builder and if I'd made an honest mistake and someone gave me verbals the way some
        of our fans launch into some of the players I'd send the €unt into next week.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Yep as fans I personally think were some of the most spoilt and ungrateful out there.

We demand change get the change we want then moan that don't work blame everyone but ourselves then demand change again. The problem is we have owners who try and appease the fans instead of saying f uck off we run this club and we will run it our way

Them trying to keep fans happy and onside has been detrimental to clubs running.

We think were top fans but were not anymore we slate Fulham but in my view we might have bigger numbers then them but when it comes to vocal support etc were no better then them were S hit
          So true, spoilt as anything due to the money pumped into the club lately......hence the multiple manager sackings when we are not winning every game or top half of the prem.

Oh and I totally agree with the op. The atmosphere at rangers is really poisonous and I'm certain plays a massive part in why every single player who comes to us goes from a future Messi to just a Mess.
          Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 12-11-2015, 09:31 AM.

Comment

I agree with the original poster, I can't stand it when our own fans get on the back of a player. One time that sticks out for me was a 2/3 seasons ago when Joey barton was having an absolute mare, manager gave him time to turn it round but he didn't, by the time he was subbed he was being booed, and booed off the pitch. And a lot of so called fans were after his head on a stick it seemed.

And look what happened when he had a break from us, came back to the Championship put a shift in and the crowd gets behind him and he turns out to be one of our best players that season.

As many of you have said if you're having a bad day the last thing you want is your so called friends/family getting on your back and making it worse, you need support and encouragement.

Players need to know they are wanted at the club and we don't want them being scared of making a mistake.
            AshTheBash1983

Comment

Also makes it worse they hear near on every single word from the people that only go to call them see you next tuesdays at our gaff.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Yep as fans I personally think were some of the most spoilt and ungrateful out there.

We demand change get the change we want then moan that don't work blame everyone but ourselves then demand change again. The problem is we have owners who try and appease the fans instead of saying f uck off we run this club and we will run it our way

Them trying to keep fans happy and onside has been detrimental to clubs running.

We think were top fans but were not anymore we slate Fulham but in my view we might have bigger numbers then them but when it comes to vocal support etc were no better then them were S hit
                Exactly how I feel. Fantastic nut shell in bold, pretty much sums up why we are where we are IMO.
                Last edited by MattyRangers; 12-11-2015, 09:47 AM.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Got to agree with the Op. What's interesting is just how much noise tiny numbers make. It's a sad fact that a few people seem to get their kicks from ranting and railing against anything and everything ( bloke in the pub syndrome). In that context they have a small audience of "mates". On here, the number to whom you can vent your frustrations goes up into hundreds. In the ground it seems like thousands. Not only does this give them the audience they seem to need, it also helps them to "enjoy"the time st the game when their team is not winning. Statistically that would be most of the time for the great majority of fans by the way.

Comment

I've said this before, there is a number of rangers supporters who when they go think they are actually on the stage and it feels the same to them shouting abuse and shite cracks all the game as it does to a player when he scores.

Comment

Agree with OP. I know players are well paid and needs to perform to their wage packet but one thing we must realise is most of the good signings are going to sign when they were performing at their peak and their pay will be negotiated as such. They cannot perform at their peak level all the time, they as also humans. I do think the fans have a huge input and the players and club are not getting. Most of our recent signings were approved by massive majority of the fans and unless the fans get unconditional support they will deteriorate slowly as the fans get on their back. Look at when Scum were here last and how much their players are paid but the abuse they got from us I would say not one of them performed to their ability. Why do so many of our signings gets worse than when we bought them, because they feel the hostility. Yes I do know they are paid well.
                      Film stars deliver a brilliant performance and become A listers and get paid on the back of one performance even after several flops.
                      I say take the wages out of the equation and support the team and individual players and things will change but I also know it will never happen.
                      Look at the team During NW's stint we supported the team no matter what and I didn't here any slagging then and every one performed above their capabilities.
                      It is a chicken and egg situation
                      Players perform and the fans get support them.
                      Fans support and players performs
                      I only see it as we are all in it together good bad or indifferent.

Comment

Is giving abuse and getting on the players back going to help the team play better ? No

Is getting behind them even when playing bad possibly on the instructions of the manager going to help ? Yes

Simple really, Every fan in the ground wants us to win and it is annoying and frustrating when we don't but I have never understood shouting at or booing players it's just counter productive.

Towards the end of last season, I think possibly the WHU game, there was a song going around the ground wanting Charlie to stay. He did in the end it's just a pity some of the guys signing that didn't stay, the atmosphere this season has been embarrassing, especially Huddersfield and Hull away and Preston on Saturday. Maybe the players should have boo'ed the fans and abused them for double standards and not performing.

Comment

I've made this point again and again, about the atmosphere not helping. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Many will say the players don't give us anything to shout about. That's bollards imo, we should be making noise and backing them, win or lose, great or sh!te.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            I've made this point again and again, about the atmosphere not helping. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. Many will say the players don't give us anything to shout about. That's bollards imo, we should be making noise and backing them, win or lose, great or sh!te.
                            completely agree...when we went 2 down against bolton after the initial shock there was a surge in noise from the supporters and you can see what positive effect it had on the players. The home games against the likes of chelsea, man city also show the importance of support...we are known amongst other supporters as the ones who boo their own team..i get it all the time when is say who i support. To think that someone isn't intimated or nervous when they are ripped apart by their own supporters just because they get aloud of cash is wrong...look at caulker ..his game was effectively shot after a few mistakes at home ...the treatment of Henry in recent weeks has been disgraceful

Comment

Some weeks ago I stressed that it was of no help to boo your own players. I was told that I do not attend to many games at Loftus Road (which is true as I am a Maltese guy) as no one boo our own players. From what I read, its the contrary. The R's supporters do BOO their own players, which is a big shame. If you're a supporter, or a fan, you must be behind your team. If they are winning, you support the players to keep on winning.....if loosing, you support the team more to get on level terms. But booing your team? The real Rangers supporters should unite and form what in most European countries are called, the ULTRAS. Even in Malta, my local team of Birkirkara have a group of around 200 fans, who are always behind the team, no matter what. I do admire the Crystal Palace supporters behind the goal and they seems a bunch of Ultras to me. Why can't the R's do something similar, instead of discouraging your own players?

Comment

I find the negativity quite shocking sometimes. The abuse given to players and managers well OTT. Regardless of how well paid they are they are human beings and abusing them is only going to make them feel worse about playing for the club and perform worse.

Whilst I doubt QPR are alone in this there is a massive disconnect between the players and the fans. This won't improve with the current atmosphere.

I like many others have found the club frustrating to say the least for a number of years now so do understand where the negativity comes from. However those who regularly shout abuse need to think about what they want to achieve by it. To express frustration I get but it won't change things for the better so is very short term at best.

The club have admitted that signing relatively big name players who are here for the money has not worked so are trying to bring in players who want to do well and progress their careers. This to me gives us an opportunity to put the past behind us gradually and try and reconnect with the club and players. It's a shame the season has been disappointing so far but there has been a change in manager and if we actually get behind the team it may help to see an improvement going forwards even if it takes a little while to really get going.

Comment

Working...
                                X