Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chunkyfenwick View Post
    Like we get a say, on who will be our new manager
    Good point....But then there were plenty of fans advocating Hughes, Redknapp etc as our saviours, so maybe it's better to ignore us!

Comment

Or maybe they been reading our message boards and think he's a cert

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
        My point is that people are saying that Pearson's not very nice hence that is the reason they don't want him at the club, which is why I was saying that being nice doesn't mean you will do it any better.

As for the transfer window issue, you would hope that people getting paid millions of pounds a year might put their differences aside and act professionally in the best interest of their employer.
        I know that wasn't your point, I can read between the lines. What I'm saying is that in the same way people point to Sherwood to say: the way he carries himself, the way he turned down moves to championship/qpr... those are indicative of the person he is,
        I'm saying the same can be said for Pearson.

to quote LFW on Sherwood
        Refusal to drop down levels and learn his managerial trade means he not only has no experience at Championship level, but comes across as an arrogant ####.
        and hence the arrogance alludes to behaviour like..
        -->Many of his claims about the young players he brought through at Spurs are overblown or completely untrue. He mentions Ryan Mason frequently, as one for instance, despite him making zero starts and zero sub appearances during Sherwood's spell in charge.

-->He's been shown up tactically repeatedly during his time at Spurs and Villa – including by Ramsey in the second half of our 3-3 draw there last season.
        This 'football is about footballers not about systems' attitude is not only totally outdated but also entirely unhelpful for a club of QPR's size

-->Even if it was going well, could you stand to listen to him?
        I'm making the same point about Pearson, only replacing the trait arrogance with being a bit of a cant
        it begets behaviour like the McCarthy choking incident, the lashing out at fans, the falling out with the asian owners, the Mourinho level unprofessionality with the media, etc

As often as we fans say that the club has now become a joke, a spectacle, a circus show.... I'm sure the man at the top of the list should be a bloke who'd bring more bad PR to the club, potentially have a row with the CEO or the owners, etc.. right? (being sarcastic here)

I'd still want Warnock or Ollie as my top choice but not for anything but the championship I'm afraid.
        Rangers Til I Die
        follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
          As for the transfer window issue, you would hope that people getting paid millions of pounds a year might put their differences aside and act professionally in the best interest of their employer.
          and to finish my rant, your point here only helps what I'm saying: that Pearson is unable to do this...
          as the choking incident, the ostrich incident, the bad relationship with his bosses (ex-bosses), the fans incident all point to.

I mean if we just take the last one: I don't know how much you earn CAT, but I'd happily quit my job and get paid the millions Leicester paid Pearson, to be tied to a chair and have "your mums a ___" screamed at me 8 hours a day. Yet this fella couldn't stand it from a fan, and had to respond. Not acting professionally if you ask me

So back to my 1st post: he will certainly not be able to restrain himself and put his pride aside at the 1st mark of tension, derision, or trouble with Lee Hoos. Thus it is a moot point if Pearson will come here. (and if he does, mark my words, the transfer window will be jokes.. unless Hoos himself leaves. which opens up other questions about future of training ground, stadium, etc)
          Last edited by ArthurQPR_NYC; 12-11-2015, 11:05 AM.
          Rangers Til I Die
          follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Originally posted by ArthurQPR_NYC View Post
            I know that wasn't your point, I can read between the lines. What I'm saying is that in the same way people point to Sherwood to say: the way he carries himself, the way he turned down moves to championship/qpr... those are indicative of the person he is,

to quote LFW on Sherwood

I'm making the same point about Pearson, only replacing the trait arrogance with being a bit of a cant
            it begets behaviour like the McCarthy choking incident, the lashing out at fans, the falling out with the asian owners, the Mourinho level unprofessionality with the media, etc

As often as we fans say that the club has now become a joke, a spectacle, a circus show.... I'm sure the man at the top of the list should be a bloke who'd bring more bad PR to the club, potentially have a row with the CEO or the owners, etc.. right? (being sarcastic here)

I'd still want Warnock or Ollie as my top choice but not for anything but the championship I'm afraid.
            I do understand what you're saying about the image and everything but I just want someone with a bit of nous to get the job done, which I believe he will do.
            It might only be a short term thing if he does fall out with people but if he gets us up and set up for the premiership then so be it.

You are comparing him to Sherwood but there is one major difference between the two. One is a complete failure the other the polar opposite

As for Ollie and Warno think those ships have sailed quite a few years ago to be honest

Comment

to quote LFW on Sherwood

Absolutely agreed with this. Pearson will be more poison to the club's name.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                How could they respect someone who assaulted a fellow professional, or who verbally insulted a fan, or who called a reporter an Ostrich.

Plenty of players have assaulted fellow pros over the years. Cantona assaulted a fan. Didn't do him any harm.

Cloughie done alot more than verbally assaulting a fan, yet he came out of it pretty well.

As for calling someone an ostrich I don't know where to start? Is that genuinely seen as an insult? Would someone seriously take offence to being called that?

I'd rather have Person in charge than some plum who just stands there motionless, never changing things week in week out robbing a living off fans hard earned wedge.

If players aren't digging in, I want someone to toe them up the a*** not just stand there looking like a clown.

Comment

to quote LFW on Sherwood

Good grief. You should get a job at the Daily Mail.
                  “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                  Will Danaher

Comment

Working...
                  X