No announcement yet.

A Man Mental.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'd no doubt get his son as part of the package too. I'm sure he can do a job but for me it's a no no. Really don't like anything about the guy, a more agressive Tim but Dim Sherwood
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I do agree that he is a tw@t. He does think he's billy big b0llocks. Very sure of himself and always thinks he's right. Very obnoxious and talks down to people, rather like Roy Keane. Seems to think he is somehow better than everybody for being in football. Having said that i do think we need a character like him to shake this lot up. Whether it would be good in the long term no one knows.

Comment

Whoever it is he will have to be willing to work with Les as a Director of Football as sorts, and maybe Warnock as some sort of advisory role, think that may rule out the likes of Pearson and Sherwood, i reckon its looking more like Hasseilbank

Comment

http://www.westlondonsport.com/fulha...t-managers-job
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Almost faultless record as a manager. The nuttiness only really started after Alex Ferguson advised him to show a bit more passion in his public persona......clearly took it all on board!

However the question the board should be asking is what manager will play to and support the style that Les's team apparently are trying to propagate from the youth teams right through to the first team - would be nice to see some sort of a strategy, rather than lurching from one 'sure bet' to another.

Comment

Nn
              Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
              All about man managing. Rocket up the ar*es does not work in this modern game any more. Might get a reaction the first time, but players will switch off and ignore it. If dropped they are on the blower to their agent for a move. Even at non league level I have learn't not to hit the roof anymore.

Pep Guardiola, arguably the best manager in world football right now - He seems a nice guy.
              Maybe 'shape up or ship out' is what we need to go forward.....?

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                Nn
                Maybe 'shape up or ship out' is what we need to go forward.....?
                Dangerous game to play in the pro game these days. Big contracts, etc give players the power. To ship them out you need a buyer. Then a replacement. To sack them you have to pay off. A lot of the modern players will now not play for the gaffer if he upsets the place until he gets sacked knowing he still will get paid whether playing well or not.

Sad I know, but reality imo. I do totaly agree that maybe a few of our 'stars' need bringing down a peg or two, but these days you can't get away with that approach as a gaffer.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

[QUOTE=Robsondinho;1486071]All about man managing. Rocket up the ar*es does not work in this modern game any more. Might get a reaction the first time, but players will switch off and ignore it. If dropped they are on the blower to their agent for a move. Even at non league level I have learn't not to hit the roof anymore.

Pep Guardiola, arguably the best manager in world football right now - He seems a nice guy.[/QUOT/)

Not even an angry Jose Mourinho seems to work out like it (probably) used to. But IF Pearson has learnt a lesson or two from the last part of his Leicester "experience" I would like to have him here.
                  Last edited by Shania; 09-11-2015, 06:36 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

I'm on Team Neil, but my pal points out that Pearson's team is presently third in the premiership. Plus Pearson's likely to grab Traore by the throat and throw him out of our club.

Comment

People just want an angry aggressive manager because they are angry/aggressive. It doesn't always work out. Sir Alex only locked it right because he was also a supremely caring figure to his players. They didn't fight because they feared him, they fought because they respected him. Pearson would get no respect. Not that he deserves any.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Pearson would get no respect. Not that he deserves any.
                        You reckon the Leicester players didn't respect Pearson?

Comment

i reckon mrs pearson can't wait for him to get a job , all that time round the house . imagine him bearing down on you every afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            i reckon mrs pearson can't wait for him to get a job , all that time round the house . imagine him bearing down on you every afternoon
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Pearson would be a top appointment. We don't know what he's like with his players, but I suspect he ain't some "angry rambo" type character

Comment

Like we get a say, on who will be our new manager

Comment

Working...
                                X