No announcement yet.

Warburton ......no thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the exception of Charlie, fur, and green, the rest wouldn't get into any other prem teams this season. FACT!!!!
    Do you all want to go through another season of getting spanked every week? I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop daddy View Post
      With the exception of Charlie, fur, and green, the rest wouldn't get into any other prem teams this season. FACT!!!!
      Do you all want to go through another season of getting spanked every week? I don't.
      Chery is a player mate, I just don't think his hearts in it at QPR. Phillips would get a regular game in a lot of Prem sides too. Luongo will also go on to play top flight within a couple of years for sure. I personally think there is a top flight player in the making in Grant Hall too, he's been a better player for us than Caulker ever was and he's got an England cap!
      Last edited by Tarbie; 08-11-2015, 10:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Chery is a player mate, I just don't think his hearts in it at QPR. Phillips would get a regular game in a lot of Prem sides too. Luongo will also go on to play top flight within a couple of years for sure. I personally think there is a top flight player in the making in Grant Hall too, he's been a better player for us than Caulker ever was and he's got an England cap!
        ......Forgot about Sandro, 17 Brazil caps but wouldn't get into any Premiership side, FACT!!! lol

Comment

If we put this team up against our promotion winning side under NW this lot would get thumped. And look how we did with that team in our first season in the prem.
          look I would love us to be successful but we have to be realistic, we just won't cut it now, we have to start again. Mid table for me.

Comment

If we put this team up against our promotion winning side under NW this lot would get thumped. And look how we did with that team in our first season in the prem.
            look I would love us to be successful but we have to be realistic, we just won't cut it now, we have to start again. Mid table for me.
            They would get thumped by that side because it was a properly selected, coached and prepared team with 1 player in it who was absolutely unplayable for 90% of the season. Warnock even said it the other day, this team is more technically gifted than his promotion wining team.

Where we are right now is not because the players aren't any good. Man for man this is one of the best squads in the league.

Comment

Really? Don't know what back 4 you've been watching this season but I may get a starting place in it before long ;)
              I get what you saying about certain players and there qualities but I just can't see it all coming together in such a short space of time, and to be honest from what if seen of the other promotion hopefuls they look a better set up than us.

Comment

Really? Don't know what back 4 you've been watching this season but I may get a starting place in it before long ;)
                I get what you saying about certain players and there qualities but I just can't see it all coming together in such a short space of time, and to be honest from what if seen of the other promotion hopefuls they look a better set up than us.
                I agree with you. It would take a small miracle for us to get our act together in time to be in the mix for promotion this year. I don't see the calibre of our players as the problem though. I think the selection and tactics are poor and I don't think the players are playing with any confidence at all. I also think we messed up by not getting a few of the high earners out and using the cash to strengthen the squad in a few areas.
                Last edited by Tarbie; 08-11-2015, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Tarbie do you think shouting down other supporters makes you right?

All the press last year was that Warburton was leaving due to the way the club planned to identify transfer targets.. There was zero mention of DOFs in interviews with Warburton or the Brentford chairman.

None of us know if Warburton was appoached let alone turned us down.

Aggression never wins an argument on merits, merely who wants to ramp it up the most!

Comment

Tarbie I get your point, just out of interest, who do you think made the calls/signings for this season? I just don't get the remit. And it seemed to change after 3 months. This didn't give Ramsey a chance and he was on a hiding to nothing from the start, even if he wad the wrong man.
                    Who is actually calling the shots? If it's the chairman then he really has cocked it up, and we all know he can write what he knows about football on he back of a postage stamp. I like the guy for his passion but he's not a football man. So who's advising him? Can you honestly see this happening at burnley or hull this season?

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                      Tarbie do you think shouting down other supporters makes you right?

All the press last year was that Warburton was leaving due to the way the club planned to identify transfer targets.. There was zero mention of DOFs in interviews with Warburton or the Brentford chairman.

None of us know if Warburton was appoached let alone turned us down.

Aggression never wins an argument on merits, merely who wants to ramp it up the most!
                      What have I said that's aggressive?

I told Nasser he was speaking bullsh*t when he said that the DOF's at Brentford were only brought in to find a new manager. It clearly is bulls*t as if that was the case they would have gone when Carsley was appointed.

The point I'm trying to make is this "missed a trick" talk is nonsense. And I'm not saying that cos I don't rate him, I'd have loved to have seen Warburton here!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 08-11-2015, 11:26 PM.

Comment

Tarbie I get your point, just out of interest, who do you think made the calls/signings for this season? I just don't get the remit. And it seemed to change after 3 months. This didn't give Ramsey a chance and he was on a hiding to nothing from the start, even if he wad the wrong man.
                        Who is actually calling the shots? If it's the chairman then he really has cocked it up, and we all know he can write what he knows about football on he back of a postage stamp. I like the guy for his passion but he's not a football man. So who's advising him? Can you honestly see this happening at burnley or hull this season?
                        I think Les is probably in charge of buying players. I'm hoping the Head Coach has a say in what we need and who we go for though.
                        Last edited by Tarbie; 08-11-2015, 11:34 PM.

Comment

I get that, but who calling the big shots? We know that TF is not a football man, so whos advising him?
                          The new training ground, the new stadium, and more importantly our playing philosophy for the next 2/3 years?
                          He's been taken for a mug by Hughes and HR and now seems keen on listening to more inside info to the promised land and more money. Is it LF? I don't know, but where will this all end?

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
                            We missed the ####ing boat. He was an absolute no brainer when Harry left, but our DOF preferred to give the job to his Bessie with zero experience.
                            Totally agree.
                            Had he been in charge this season QPR could now be in the top 6 within touching distance of the top.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                              Totally agree.
                              Had he been in charge this season QPR could now be in the top 6 within touching distance of the top.
                              We could also be bottom of the league with 0 points. Point is you've no idea how it could've worked out.
                              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                              Pawel Wszolek - 6
                              Luke Freeman - 6
                              Matt Smith - 6
                              Ebere Eze - 4
                              Joel Lynch - 3
                              Tomer Hemed - 3
                              Toni Leistner - 2
                              Massimo Luongo- 2
                              Angel Rangel - 2
                              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                              Geoff Cameron - 1
                              Aramide Oteh - 1
                              Jake Bidwell - 1
                              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                                I think Les is probably in charge of buying players. I'm hoping the Head Coach has a say in what we need and who we go for though.
                                Well Warnock coming in was down to Fernandes so you have to think that he still has more of a say in things than he's making out....

Comment

Working...
                                X