Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warburton ......no thanks

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/news/warb...geWMGFoKOF5nFA

If he left one of the largest clubs in the world for QPR then he'd need shooting.

Comment

We missed the ####ing boat. He was an absolute no brainer when Harry left, but our DOF preferred to give the job to his Bessie with zero experience.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
        If he left one of the largest clubs in the world for QPR then he'd need shooting.
        Don't agree big club in dire league. Managing us or most sides in championship is a harder more rewarding job then four derbies a season

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Don't agree big club in dire league. Managing us or most sides in championship is a harder more rewarding job then four derbies a season
          Think he'd rather be managing in old firm games/European nights in front of 50,000 fans 10 times a season in the next few years than be at any championship club, none of which will out their stadium, yes there is potentially more money in the championship if you're successful but warburton is not all about money

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
            We missed the ####ing boat. He was an absolute no brainer when Harry left, but our DOF preferred to give the job to his Bessie with zero experience.

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
              Think he'd rather be managing in old firm games/European nights in front of 50,000 fans 10 times a season in the next few years than be at any championship club, none of which will out their stadium, yes there is potentially more money in the championship if you're successful but warburton is not all about money
              I agree with you, we really did miss the boat big time.

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
                Or you manage side in championship with intention of getting promoted and playing in front of 40k more or less every other week

I know where your coming from as I'm a Dons fan and do games at pitoddrie when I'm up there but Scots top flight is shadow of what it was ten years ago and I would say championship bigger pool now

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Or you manage side in championship with intention of getting promoted and playing in front of 40k more or less every other week

I know where your coming from as I'm a Dons fan and do games at pitoddrie when I'm up there but Scots top flight is shadow of what it was ten years ago and I would say championship bigger pool now
                  Yeah the championship is undoubtedly a better league now but it's stupid financially, it's not how football should be done, clubs like Bolton and ourselves who have around 150 million pounds of debt, don't think theirs a single debt free club and hardly any young players are breaking through, however in Scotland, clubs are sticking to the rules, every team in the Scottish Premiership is now debt free and young players are always given a chance to break into the first team, Dundee United especially who've produced 10 million pounds worth of talent in the last 2 years, which is a lot of money for any Scottish team

Comment

But the 53-year-old, who joined Rangers in the off-season from Brentford, insisted he is committed to his current job despite the flattering links.
                    "I never knew that. It is flattering but that is football, isn't it?" Warburton said.
                    Looks like an approach hasn't even been made...I doubt we will approach anyone. Warnock is the easy option and the easy option is what the board seem to go for.

Comment

Are we interested in him ! he turned us down in the summer because he didn't want to work under a DOF that's why he left Brentford , Is Pearson on our list that's another I cant see being keen on working under a DOF , plus most of the people being bandied wouldn't come cheap and that contradicts ###'s frugal plans to get the finances in order , just paper talk or has the board got other plans for ###

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Are we interested in him ! he turned us down in the summer because he didn't want to work under a DOF that's why he left Brentford , Is Pearson on our list that's another I cant see being keen on working under a DOF , plus most of the people being bandied wouldn't come cheap and that contradicts ###'s frugal plans to get the finances in order , just paper talk or has the board got other plans for ###
                        Get your facts right, he left because he didn't agree with statistical analysis being the only tool used to sign players. Nothing to do with a DOF. Also, the last sentence is just s hi t stirring about Les.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

yes please, comes across as a gentlleman, ala Mr. Stock and Mr. Jago
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Must be at least something in it when the odds are that short for him to be next manager.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                              Get your facts right, he left because he didn't agree with statistical analysis being the only tool used to sign players. Nothing to do with a DOF. Also, the last sentence is just s hi t stirring about Les.
                              It was a question Pr@tt He did state he left Brentford because he didn't want work under controls which amount to the same thing Read the Fckuing thing before you make comment FFS
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 08-11-2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X