Thread on dotorg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MYU View Post
    If it was racist, why bother giving him the job in the first place?
    Obviously just to tease him.
    Those devious racist barstewards.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
      Obviously just to tease him.
      Those devious racist barstewards.
      I see what you did there... twisting it to suit you.

Comment

What a stupid post ,i see everyone else on dot.org coated the op off too , absolute tool
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I can't believe Townsends old man jumping straight in and hinting that racism was a factor in both guys losing their job.

I can imagine people of all races being annoyed with his comments, absolute crap.

As for Ramsey I genuinely wanted him to do well as he came across as a decent guy, but the more I saw his selections, formations, subs etc the more I felt he wasn't the man for the job.

In fairness to Ramsey QPR isn't the easiest club to manage right now, as people like HR and MH would argue.

Comment

It must be a windup.

The Alex Ferguson on here was a decent poster. I think he was quite unwell the last time i remember reading one of his posts.

Comment

Posters are reading incorrectly what the OP is saying, he is saying that the abuse CR got was over and above what he would have got because he is black and I agree. He is not saying he got the tin tack because he is is black, he got it because he is clueless and it is beyond he is capability to perform as a manager. The fact of the matter is that CR and LF played the racist card first no else did by saying harder to be a manager if you are black etc. I hold the view and no evidence for it, that due to the racist card being played the result was, he got longer because he is black. The club wanting to avoid any racist backlash. The argument that the mandate changed is a smoke screen, he had better players in PL, he had slightly lesser so in ECL and could not cut the mustard, his record speaks for its self.
              Last edited by The Leveller; 06-11-2015, 11:18 AM. Reason: Typo
              Populus fui meus nomen , tamen meus nomen est non meus nomen

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
                Posters are reading incorrectly what the OP is saying, he is saying that the abuse CR got was over and above what he would have got because he is black and I agree. He is not saying he got the tin tack because he is is black, he got it because he is clueless and it is beyond he is capability to perform as a manager. The fact of the matter is that CR and LR played the racist card first no else did by saying harder to be a manager if you are black etc. I hold the view and no evidence for it, that due to the racist card being played the result was, he got longer because he is black. The club wanting to avoid any racist backlash. The argument that the mandate changed is a smoke screen, he had better players in PL, he had slightly lesser so in ECL and could not cut the mustard, his record speaks for its self.
                That's possible but it's more likely he got loads of abuse and less patience from the crowd because he came from a non-Qpr background, with no experience of success at managerial level and clearly clueless selections and tactics.

I expect Warnock to be given more time from the fanbase, not because he's white but because he has all of the qualities I just mentioned that Ramsey does not.

I would say that I think Qpr as a whole the board and fanbase are about as mulitcultual as they come.

Comment

Maybe just maybe we should flip the race issue on it`s head.
                  Maybe Ramsey was given the job full time and a 3 year contract (even though we were relegated) (not all his fault I know) because he is black.

How many white youth team coaches have been handed a hot seat at a Premier league club?
                  How many of them were given a 3 year deal even after relegation?...ZERO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Leveller View Post
                    Posters are reading incorrectly what the OP is saying, he is saying that the abuse CR got was over and above what he would have got because he is black and I agree. He is not saying he got the tin tack because he is is black, he got it because he is clueless and it is beyond he is capability to perform as a manager. The fact of the matter is that CR and LF played the racist card first no else did by saying harder to be a manager if you are black etc. I hold the view and no evidence for it, that due to the racist card being played the result was, he got longer because he is black. The club wanting to avoid any racist backlash. The argument that the mandate changed is a smoke screen, he had better players in PL, he had slightly lesser so in ECL and could not cut the mustard, his record speaks for its self.
                    B o l l o c k s did he get more abuse because he is black. He got a abuse, which whether we agree with it or not goes with the job, because he couldn't do the job.

Comment

The bloke who started that thread is either a troll or an idiot!

What Nodge said in response is bang on. Ramsey wasn't sacked for being black, he was sacked for failing to meet expectations. The same applies for Chris Powell too. The point the OP makes about fans using racist remarks towards him is weak and is not representative of the majority of our supporters. I've personally never heard anyone racially abusing Ramsey and in fact, I can't remember the last time I heard a racist jibe at all at Loftus Road which certainly hasn't been the case when I've traveled away.

I really don't understand why everything has to be about race in the UK. Can't a person of colour be sacked for under-performance just like anyone from any ethnic background?

Personally I think as club we do about as much as is possible for equal opportunities. For as long as I've been going the team has always been mixed, even at times when there were very few black players in the top flight. The team has always reflected the multicultural area where the club is based.

Comment

Working...
                      X