Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head coaches.

so we are looking to appoint a new "head coach"

i really do not like this set up one bit. part of the reason why we are shyte is because of ferdinands input. the other part being ramsey.

we need to get rid of this whole dof crap and get back to appointing a manager.

would a brenden or a pearson work under les? any manager worth his salt would not want to clear things with a dof, esspecially to a novice such as les. the only type of manager who would except this head coach nonsense would probably be another mate of his.

step forward captain bellend.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

It is a far more structured set up and in theory over time produces a much more settled club because the head coach is one cog as opposed to the main cog at the club. Also allows the club to retain far more control. Significantly more common in other countries so bit alien to us. We have seen some disastrous examples in this country but mainly due to personality dynamics as opposed to the concept being clawed.

Whilst Ramsey didn't work out can't see LF has done much wrong. We made some good signings, the squad looks good, trying to get more of a focus on bringing players through. A half decent head coach appointment will see the playing side stabilise. LF is putting building blocks. Will be a long time before we know for sure if his ideas are going to work but one thing we can be certain of is that the old way of doing things didn't work for us.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      It is a far more structured set up and in theory over time produces a much more settled club because the head coach is one cog as opposed to the main cog at the club. Also allows the club to retain far more control. Significantly more common in other countries so bit alien to us. We have seen some disastrous examples in this country but mainly due to personality dynamics as opposed to the concept being clawed.

Whilst Ramsey didn't work out can't see LF has done much wrong. We made some good signings, the squad looks good, trying to get more of a focus on bringing players through. A half decent head coach appointment will see the playing side stabilise. LF is putting building blocks. Will be a long time before we know for sure if his ideas are going to work but one thing we can be certain of is that the old way of doing things didn't work for us.
      Good signings?

Polter? Godbern? Make? Perch? Smithes? All dross mate. Complete dross.

As for bringing players through Harriman and Furlong out on loan, Doherty cannot get ahead of Henry, where is petrasso? konxhesky ahead of yun and kepweka.
      Last edited by Hitman34; 05-11-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

If you listen to what Les Ferdinand has said about buying and selling in the summer and the money spent, i think he has worked wonders. Kept hold of big players that we all expected to leave aswell.

Think he has done a good job so far.

Still, now Ramsey is gone, guess you all need someone else for the witch hunt now.

In regards to a DOF-plenty of clubs far bigger and smaller manage it well and it seems to be the way the footballing world is heading, so no qualms with us having a DOF

Comment

#SirLesleyFerdinandOutSirLesleyFerdinandOut

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
            If you listen to what Les Ferdinand has said about buying and selling in the summer and the money spent, i think he has worked wonders. Kept hold of big players that we all expected to leave aswell.

Still, now Ramsey is gone, guess you all need someone else for the witch hunt now.

In regards to a DOF-plenty of clubs far bigger and smaller manage it well and it seems to be the way the footballing world is heading, so no qualms with us having a DOF
            Ok, so when bellend gets appointed I'm sure it will live upto your expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
              Ok, so when bellend gets appointed I'm sure it will live upto your expectations.
              please tell me who you would like as our next manager then?

Comment

#WhoeverItIsWeWillHateHim

Comment

He kept big players because no club would pay the money, and with Phillips quoted at 10 million, you have to say they were bang on.

Comment

please tell me who you would like as our next manager then?
                    Rowett, Karl Robinson, poyet, pearson, or someone from abroad. Not Sherwood.

How about you?

Comment

I think we need a bit of experience in there somewhere, someone who has worked in that environment if TF wants to carry this system on. It never worked because TF, LF and CR are all novices, we need someone who knows what there doing, wether it's an old DOF as an advisor to LF or An experienced head coach to take the job. Don't know if warnock is is the answer.. Can't imagine he takes orders from anyone.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Good signings?

As for bringing players through Harriman and Furlong out on loan, Doherty cannot get ahead of Henry, where is petrasso? konxhesky ahead of yun and kepweka.
                        Head coach picks the team son. Fact is we have young players who look like they have the potential to get meaningful first team football under the right coach. Not had that in a while. Bit selective in your player examples and maybe a tad early to completely write them all off? By the comment all dross I'm assuming you are adding likes of Lounago, Chery, Hall, Jet to your hate list and others? Personally am interested to see how some of those who have disappointed so far and/or not had the opportunities perform under a new coach. A number of them highly rated prior to the hoop curse striking.

As far as I'm concerned fresh start for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          Head coach picks the team son. Fact is we have young players who look like they have the potential to get meaningful first team football under the right coach. Not had that in a while. Bit selective in your player examples and maybe a tad early to completely write them all off? By the comment all dross I'm assuming you are adding likes of Lounago, Chery, Hall, Jet to your hate list and others? Personally am interested to see how some of those who have disappointed so far and/or not had the opportunities perform under a new coach. A number of them highly rated prior to the hoop curse striking.

As far as I'm concerned fresh start for everyone.
                          Hear, hear.

Comment

Rowett, Karl Robinson, poyet, pearson, or someone from abroad. Not Sherwood.

How about you?
                            Cant see Rowett leaving Birmingham where he is just getting his own team together. They love him and just cant see it happening, makes no sense.

Poyet - think he has just taken another job somewhere?

Karl Robinson - No Ta. dont get the fuss about him in all honesty.

Pearson - think he brings more aggro than its worth.

I agree about a foreign manager. Is tricky to get right as you do see a few come over and completely flop. I don't know too much about the foreign leagues to pick out any names specifically, but think that could be a good route for us to go down.

Comment

Good signings?

You've named 5 signings there who haven't really been in the first team picture bar Perch. Smithies hasn't done badly, Polter hasn't played much, Mackie has been injured. Now look at Chery, JET, Hall, Tozser (when he hasn't had calamity Kelvin next to him), Luongo and to a degree angella. But yea, just to make your point, ignore the balance of the argument.
                              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X