Really important now..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really important now..

That we all understand what the way forward for this club is, short-termism is not the way forward although some would have you believe changing a manager/coach every 20 or so games is the way forward. While i recognise that the football qpr were playing in the last 10 games was poor , we really now need to have a plan and if the new coach/manager is given 2/3 year contract to work with, he is given at least half that term to mould a team. Sherwood and Wilkins i think are probably front runners for the job (from the board) , but would they want to work with Les as CEO or director of football, do they even want the poison chalice? For me i would go to one man and give him the time (and i mean time) to turn this club into a competitive Championship side again, i would go to Burnley and ask for permission to talk to Sean Dyche, he would be my number 1 choice.

Ramsey would've been given time had he not been so clueless.

Results dictate, and if the new bloke shows himself to be just as clueless as Ramsey after 9 months in the job then I expect him to get the sack as well.

.... Agree with the sentiment tho, we do need a longer term plan, hopefully the board get the right bloke in.

Comment

What im saying though is if your giving a coach 3 years with a plan then give him at least half that term, this grass is always greener on the other side rarely works, he had his plan that changed when players stayed , we all thought Austin, fer, Sandro, Phillips would go but none of them did, im no apologist for Ramsey , im sure he was well aware that the football wasn't good enough, i watched the games that i went to and i couldn't tell where we were going , what shape or style we were trying to play, but this time whoever it is must be given time, and if plans change given more time to adapt, i think Ramsey's main problem was he had a definite idea for this club with players and style of play, and then lost all confidence in that when the goalposts shifted.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
        That we all understand what the way forward for this club is, short-termism is not the way forward although some would have you believe changing a manager/coach every 20 or so games is the way forward. While i recognise that the football qpr were playing in the last 10 games was poor , we really now need to have a plan and if the new coach/manager is given 2/3 year contract to work with, he is given at least half that term to mould a team. Sherwood and Wilkins i think are probably front runners for the job (from the board) , but would they want to work with Les as CEO or director of football, do they even want the poison chalice? For me i would go to one man and give him the time (and i mean time) to turn this club into a competitive Championship side again, i would go to Burnley and ask for permission to talk to Sean Dyche, he would be my number 1 choice.
        As if dyche would leave burnley who are joint top and have the best striker in the league at the moment ( who I have said we should have got 2 years ago by the way) to come to our circus!

Comment

Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
          As if dyche would leave burnley who are joint top and have the best striker in the league at the moment ( who I have said we should have got 2 years ago by the way) to come to our circus!
          Sadly very true, but the way qpr go about things , if you through enough money at him you never know, not saying i like that approach but that's how we seem to do things , i just think he would be ideal for this club moving forward.

Comment

Better than Charlie Austin and you would of brought him instead of chaz???

Comment

No one in a job already doing well at their club would dream of coming here, also any decent ex manager looking for work wouldn't want to come here either. Leaving the door open for ex managers who are just desparate to do any job that is available looking for a healthy pay out when it all goes wrong yet again.

We are the biggest circus in town
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                No one in a job already doing well at their club would dream of coming here, also any decent ex manager looking for work wouldn't want to come here either. Leaving the door open for ex managers who are just desparate to do any job that is available looking for a healthy pay out when it all goes wrong yet again.

I don't believe that for a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post

Im not so sure about that, you have a good board behind you that whatever fans think really do back there coaches in the transfer market, not sure how many would come in with the set up as it is now, i mean would Sherwood want to work with Les as director of football, im not sure, would someone like Dyche want to work with this current set up?

Comment

Every manager we have had during the TF regime has been given more than long enough to prove their worth. Hughes didn't win a game until December. Redknapp never got out of the bottom 3 virtually the entire time he was in the PL with us. Ramsey won 1 game in 10 with the best squad in the league. Any manager of any professional football club in this country would expect to lose their job under the same circumstances. You can call it short termism if you like, but the reality is that these managers have all forced the hand of the board to make these decisions, which I think we all agree were the right ones.

Comment

I was paving the way for the inevitable - Mr Tim but Dim Sherwood or as Hits would say Captain Bell End
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I agree with the OP, if it means Warnock staying in charge until a suitable candidate is available, so be it, NW can't be anywhere as clueless as Ramsey!
                        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                          if you through enough money at him you never know.
                          I can tell you what the answer would be...NO

No amount of money would remove Dyche from Burnley to join QPR. His next move is upwards.

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                            Every manager we have had during the TF regime has been given more than long enough to prove their worth. Hughes didn't win a game until December. Redknapp never got out of the bottom 3 virtually the entire time he was in the PL with us. Ramsey won 1 game in 10 with the best squad in the league. Any manager of any professional football club in this country would expect to lose their job under the same circumstances. You can call it short termism if you like, but the reality is that these managers have all forced the hand of the board to make these decisions, which I think we all agree were the right ones.
                            No where near the best squad in this league in my opinion, even if he had had Sandro, Fer, Austin playing in every game (which he hasn't) there are better and more settled squads out there in this division than ours, we should be competitive in this league but to say we have the best squad is not true Derby are a well settled group, Hull have a better squad than ours as do Burnley in my opinion , also you can add M'boro to that collection

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              Better than Charlie Austin and you would of brought him instead of chaz???
                              On current form yes ! Could of had them both as gray was going for about 500k from Luton

Comment

Working...
                              X