Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Les Ferdinand's days numbered as well now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
    This is not about the fans blaming or not blaming him. We won't be doing the sacking. It is clear that most fans are still happy with him carrying on, but I just get this nagging suspicion that his position in the club is now less tenable, irrespective of what the fans think about him.
    Why because the first manager he appointed hasn't worked out??.... Cor, your tough to please!

Comment

Tbh would expect a DoF to appoint someone other than his inexperienced mate coach.

Comment

Originally posted by chalbury37 View Post
        Why would we get rid of LF the guy is a legend at this club and deserves some respect,CR was never upto the job he had his chance and failed you just had to look at his body language to see he never had a clue.
        DOF gave him the job promoting what is at best a youth team coach to the top job shows that The DOF is not experienced enough to be in the role,he was only a reserve team coach at Spurs where's his experience for the DOF role?????????????
        Last edited by dave58; 05-11-2015, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
          DOF gave him the job promoting what is at best a youth team coach to the top job shows that The DOF is not experienced enough to be in the role,he was only a reserve team coach at Spurs where's his experience for the DOF role?????????????
          What is the right experience for a DOF role?

Surely it is simply a person who understands football as a business and is trusted by the board to implement a strategy and ethos across the club? Loads of guys have undertaken similar roles having never been a DOF before.
          Last edited by Tarbie; 05-11-2015, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Would you want someone like Brendan Rogers being given a free hand like he had at Liverpool? And then the next manager getting rid and wanting his own new players in. We've done that and we know what the sums add up to. DOF isn't perfect but it protects club finances better.

Comment

His job is safe IMO. Mainly because he deflects the attention away from TF.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                Why because the first manager he appointed hasn't worked out??.... Cor, your tough to please!
                I don't get it either mate.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  Depends who the next manager/coach is. Will a 'manager' want to work under a DOF?
                  Of course they do. DOF's are taking over the sport. Its only people who don't want advancement of the sport that don't support the concept of DOF's.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

The mistakes we have made in the past are mass turnover of players and no continuity. Coaches will come and go but there has to be a level of continuity near enough the pitch so that new coaches/managers don't just sell everyone and buy replacements all the time.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Assuming Warnock does want this arrangement?
                      He's interim manager it don't matter a jot what he likes

Pre season people loving Les for bringing in young players they could not get enough of his signings and vision now he's wrong

Comment

The fans that are moaning about sir les are the ones that moaned at me for being disgusted at bringing in harry redknapp. At least sir les did the decent thing and told him to enjoy retirement with his old muckers on BT sport. My only concern is with the position it's self. A dof does unfortunately put allot of managers off but I think he is trying to take us down the right path. Macca you're completely wrong to suggest he shouldn't drop expectations if we lost our best players. Austin is a finished article and you don't replace that overnight so a little common sense would be nice please.
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

This is not about the fans blaming or not blaming him. We won't be doing the sacking. It is clear that most fans are still happy with him carrying on, but I just get this nagging suspicion that his position in the club is now less tenable, irrespective of what the fans think about him.
                          This! I fear he is here on borrowed time now.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            He's interim manager it don't matter a jot what he likes

Pre season people loving Les for bringing in young players they could not get enough of his signings and vision now he's wrong
                            Unfortunately, something that is a very strong thing in football is the need for a scapegoat. In a DOF + Head Coach arrangement, you give the fans an extra scapegoat for the players' poor performance. The DOF did his job in finding someone to take the role, it didn't work out for the bloke and the DOF did his job in sacking him. The DOF did his job in bringing in the right quality of players, most have worked out but as with every transfer window for every club, not all of it works out. At this point, anything Les does will be abused by some just because he is a DOF and people aren't willing to move forward. What this role actually creates is a continuity and Its so key to the success of this club in particular because of the perpetual revolving door for managers. We cannot have a revolving door for players any more. It will cost us.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                              how many top coaches would want to work under a DoF
                              every single coach in mainland Europe. So Guardiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho for a start. Paulo Sousa too - currently top of Serie A (!)

The reason we employ lots of foreign coaches here and foreign clubs almost never employ British managers is because their football managing and coaching is light years ahead of ours. Working with a DoF is completely standard. We're the ones who need to catch up.

Comment

If the mob is now sharpening the pitchforks for Les because he hired Ramsey, can't it instead turn on Fernandes for hiring Sir Les?

What on earth would TF have to do to NOT get his name sung by idiots in Q Block? Change our name to Fulham Park Brentford?

Comment

Working...
                                X