Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Les Ferdinand's days numbered as well now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3London View Post
    its like a witch hunt..right we have got rid of one lets move on to the next.....
    By the logic on here a DOF should be sacked if the manager doesn't work out??

Think a mass misunderstanding of what a DOF does.

Agree with your point London-people on here will never be happy-always want a bit of drama.

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
      they should be!
      This.

Comment

Why would we get rid of LF the guy is a legend at this club and deserves some respect,CR was never upto the job he had his chance and failed you just had to look at his body language to see he never had a clue.

Comment

Managers sd manage. SAF and Clough never had a DoF.

Comment

Les can be another ambassador.

Comment

how many top coaches would want to work under a DoF
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                because the so called DOF brought Ramsey in on a 3 year contract, when it was his remit to bring in the manager. also will find it hard to find managers who like to work under a very inexperienced so called DOF
                Les did his job, he put his trust in the bloke he thought would be the answer.. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. Whenever you employ you take a risk and put your trust in them... We can't dig him out after his first appointment was the wrong decision.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                  Les did his job, he put his trust in the bloke he thought would be the answer.. If it doesn't work out then it doesn't work out. Whenever you employ you take a risk and put your trust in them... We can't dig him out after his first appointment was the wrong decision.
                  Agreed don't understand why people are getting at Les, have all these people never made mistakes in life ?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                    Not at all. The blokes shown the balls to get rid of his mate and he's done it early doors.

Ferdinand has done a lot of good since taking over too. Ramsey was a punt that went wrong. The next couple of weeks will show ferdinand in his true light though as this appointment is very important.

But I hope he stays and I think he's good for the club.
                    Agree with that.

I think the route that Tony Fernandes has gone down is to appoint a Director of Football to protect the clubs interest. This was a direct result of having given 2 experienced managers free reign in terms of the running of the club at huge expense and for little success. The idea behind a DOF is to ensure that the direction the clubs is going, the players signed, the style of football all fits with what the board want. In theory a Head Coach slots in to run the playing side and works with what he is given.

Obviously this isn't without it's short comings. This set up is the reason Mark Warburton left Brentford and probably the reason he was never a real option for us. I'm sure a lot of other managers out there wouldn't want this set up either but I understand why the board has gone down that route.

For me, Les has done a good job. The club is certainly less chaotic than it was under Hughes or Redknapp and I think the players we are signing are far better suited to the club as well. Unfortunately they dropped a clanger with Ramsey but that can happen and at least they've had the balls to deal with the situation.

Personally I'd just give Warnock the first team for the rest of the year and take our time to work out what the long term plan is!
                    Last edited by Tarbie; 05-11-2015, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      He is Director of Football. All that has happened is a coaching appointment hasn't worked out. Why would that impact on his position? Get the new coach/manager in and move on.

Think people need to understand the distinction between the role of DoF and coach/manager. The failure of one does not necessarily mean the failure of the other.
                      Well said!
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Warnock would work with the Yorkshire ripper to have his job back at rangers.
                        Tbf the YR has got some ideas on attacking when behind!!

Comment

Sorry, why are we blaming Les now as well??
                          Because everyone needs a scapegoat.
                          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                          Pawel Wszolek - 6
                          Luke Freeman - 6
                          Matt Smith - 6
                          Ebere Eze - 4
                          Joel Lynch - 3
                          Tomer Hemed - 3
                          Toni Leistner - 2
                          Massimo Luongo- 2
                          Angel Rangel - 2
                          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                          Geoff Cameron - 1
                          Aramide Oteh - 1
                          Jake Bidwell - 1
                          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Think Les should stay tbh. He did what he had to do. Probably the hardest thing he's had to do too.

Comment

Our fans really are deluded IMO, if they want to blame Les Ferdinand.

Comment

Our fans really are deluded IMO, if they want to blame Les Ferdinand.
                                This is not about the fans blaming or not blaming him. We won't be doing the sacking. It is clear that most fans are still happy with him carrying on, but I just get this nagging suspicion that his position in the club is now less tenable, irrespective of what the fans think about him.
                                Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                                but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                                http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                                X