Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Les Ferdinand's days numbered as well now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Geng View Post
    every single coach in mainland Europe. So Guardiola, Ancelotti, Mourinho for a start. Paulo Sousa too - currently top of Serie A (!)

The reason we employ lots of foreign coaches here and foreign clubs almost never employ British managers is because their football managing and coaching is light years ahead of ours. Working with a DoF is completely standard. We're the ones who need to catch up.
    Pretty much mate. Certainly the big European sides like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus etc employ them.

As I said before, the idea is that a head coach can slot in, have some influence in the players that are brought in but in reality work with what he is given. The DOF is responsible for ensuring that the board's ambitions and vision for the club are adhered to and the staff selected fit into the plan.

The problem is in the British game most managers (particularly the old school ones) want full control. They will ultimately be held accountable if things don't work on the pitch and as such they want full control over who is signed etc.

There are arguments for both set ups but I understand why the board has taken this route. When Warnock left and Hughes came in we laid off the whole coaching staff and had a huge overhaul of playing staff. Then when Hughes went and Harry came in we did the same thing again and this time had to pay off a huge number of the playing staff at great expense. I hate to think what the bill was for paying up Hughes' contract, as well as all of his coaching staff, and the players that had to go, Park, Cesar, Bosingwa etc.

The idea behind our current set up is if the manager goes another one slots in. The rest of the coaching staff remain more or less unchanged as do the playing staff. They are all guys selected by the DOF and inline with the boards ambitions and ethos for the club. Let's see how things pan out with the new manager to see if the theory actually works out that way!
    Last edited by Tarbie; 06-11-2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

If the mob is now sharpening the pitchforks for Les because he hired Ramsey, can't it instead turn on Fernandes for hiring Sir Les?

What on earth would TF have to do to NOT get his name sung by idiots in Q Block? Change our name to Fulham Park Brentford?
      The mob isn't turning on Les, as you can see from the poll, there are way more people supporting Les than against him, its just that - much like with those against TF - the minority has to be louder to be heard.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        The mob isn't turning on Les, as you can see from the poll, there are way more people supporting Les than against him, its just that - much like with those against TF - the minority has to be louder to be heard.
        Yep spot on......geng's agenda is always Tone

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
          That's because the problem is always "Tone".

It's really not an agenda; this is just my analysis of QPR's current problems. See also Dave McIntyre, Clive LFW and many others. More and more people are cottoning onto this - you don't hear TF's name get sung much outside of the Q-Block Kool Aid drinkers these days do you?

But you keep dismissing criticisms as an 'agenda' (as if that would make them invalid anyway) if you must. I'll see you here this time next year, when you'll be ####ed off that once again QPR have appointed a terrible manager. Our fourth poor manager in a row. Inexplicable. What are the chances eh!

Comment

27% is still pretty substantial though. The poll is worded a bit weirdly anyway, hard to say whether it wants our own views or what we think the club will do. Personally I think he is under threat, but I don't think he should be.

I don't think the anti-TF people are much of a minority these days, for what that's worth. And they definitely aren't quieter - when have you ever heard an anti-TF chant? One of the worst chairman in the league but fans haven't vocally turned on him. But the grumbling is growing, fast.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              You should read that LFW piece anyway Dave. Would be interested in your take on it + why you think the criticism of TF is misplaced....aren't too many defenders left and I haven't seen many good arguments for him recently.

Comment

You should read that LFW piece anyway Dave. Would be interested in your take on it + why you think the criticism of TF is misplaced....aren't too many defenders left and I haven't seen many good arguments for him recently.
                You know he isn't even day to day chairman this season and other than finance, he is just on twitter. That's why people give him abuse, because he's open. But he can't take any real blame for this season.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

That's because the problem is always "Tone".

It's really not an agenda; this is just my analysis of QPR's current problems. See also Dave McIntyre, Clive LFW and many others. More and more people are cottoning onto this - you don't hear TF's name get sung much outside of the Q-Block Kool Aid drinkers these days do you?

But you keep dismissing criticisms as an 'agenda' (as if that would make them invalid anyway) if you must. I'll see you here this time next year, when you'll be ####ed off that once again QPR have appointed a terrible manager. Our fourth poor manager in a row. Inexplicable. What are the chances eh!
                  I hear it quite a bit all over the stadium. When we sing a lot in a game, chances are you'll hear his name at some point. The problem is a lack of singing in games. It absolutely is an agenda because he can only do things wrong in your eyes, yet when the club does something right, someone else deserves the praise. My opinion is that if something wrong happens, everyone has a bit of a responsibility because this club is not powered by individuals but a collective.

Also talking about 4 poor managers in a row, you do remember the great Flav don't you?

Comment

You know he isn't even day to day chairman this season and other than finance, he is just on twitter. That's why people give him abuse, because he's open. But he can't take any real blame for this season.
                    You can't blame him for playing Hemry on the right or whatever, but it's not as though Ramsey started the season with a balanced, committed squad, a great training ground and so on. TF is still responsible for the off the field shambles 2011-early 15 (when he was seemingly shoved aside) and is presumably responsible for the strategic about-turn a couple months into this season.

He doesn't just get abuse because he's open, far from it. There are plenty of good, objective reasons to criticise him. The openness shields him. Can you imagine the grief eg Chris Wright would have got if he had put us £300m+ in debt rather than 10m!

Comment

You can't blame him for playing Hemry on the right or whatever, but it's not as though Ramsey started the season with a balanced, committed squad, a great training ground and so on. TF is still responsible for the off the field shambles 2011-early 15 (when he was seemingly shoved aside) and is presumably responsible for the strategic about-turn a couple months into this season.

He doesn't just get abuse because he's open, far from it. There are plenty of good, objective reasons to criticise him. The openness shields him. Can you imagine the grief eg Chris Wright would have got if he had put us £300m+ in debt rather than 10m!
                      I'm hearing you Geng.. I'm one of the idiots who think the club is a shambles and can't see it changing anytime soon. Heard how TF has kurbed the spending and is doing good things.. This is not out of choice. Think the next appointment is vital but I'm not optimistic as I have no trust in TF.
                      C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Are Les Ferdinand's days numbered as well now? Well, I suspect they are....I just get this nagging suspicion that his position in the club is now less tenable.
                        Suspicions, based purely on rodent intuition...or something a bit more tangible perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          Are Les Ferdinand's days numbered as well now?
                          No, I think his position is very safe for now.

One thing I have noticed though is he's not referred to as 'Sir Les' as much anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            No, I think his position is very safe for now.

One thing I have noticed though is he's not referred to as 'Sir Les' as much anymore.
                            What's it now then, "Your Majesty"?
                            Or "Your DOFness"?
                            Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                            but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                            http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Working...
                            X