Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

QPR manager: Realistic list of candidates and suggestions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be unrealistic, but would love Lucien Favre at the club. Absolutely brilliant, efficient manager. Came into Monchengladbach in 2011 and saved them from relegation, then in his 4 full seasons after, they placed 4, 8, 6, 3 in the Bundesliga. He even took Hertha Berlin to 3rd in 08/09. He had a 59.5% win record (counting a draw as half a win).
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Mourinio ??????
      failing that Gareth Ainsworth , but i reckon Pearson is the most likely candidate
      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Warnock. Assisted by Clint and Derry to the end of the season.

Comment

Gareth Southgate

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
            Gareth Southgate
            Good shout, I would actually love his confidence in youth and the ability to develop and he needs another go at league management.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
              Good shout, I would actually love his confidence in youth and the ability to develop and he needs another go at league management.
              The bloke has top knowledge of the game AND knows the U21 scene inside out. Got to be a candidate in my opinion for what we want long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                The bloke has top knowledge of the game AND knows the U21 scene inside out. Got to be a candidate in my opinion for what we want long term.
                Completely agree, unsure if he will even be considered but lets hope.

Comment

This time we have to get it right. Ramsey was chosen when Bilic and Paul Clement were available. I don't think NW is long term, and if the main aim is development then we have to look further afield. Even if the main aim is promotion, I don't think people like Henry, Konch etc are consistent enough - we need a guv'nor who is prepared to look at alternatives and rethink our approach.

Favre = good call. G. Nev would be a very interesting punt but has been rightly critical of the way the club has been run. Vincenzo Montella had a 56% win rate at Fiorentina and won the Copa before they sacked him…. some rate him very highly and he's free…. I just got the impression that when Ramsey was appointed some big talent was completely overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    Ramsey was chosen when Bilic and Paul Clement were available.
                    a) you don't know if they were approached.
                    b) if they were, do you seriously think Bilic would have gone from Champions/Europa League to Championship...!!?!

Reality was that we were going down and Ramsey was the cheap, easy, but ultimately wrong, option.

Comment

Ryan Nelsen?
                      @gatorTFC

Comment

i just love to know if ramsey was the dream man. lots of people won't want to work under les i think.if thats how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                          Ryan Nelsen?
                          no too risky i think.

Comment

Gary Neville, Viera and other young, high profile coaches like them aren't going to want to risk their rep at our unstable little club. If they hold out a few years they'll be offered better, less risky jobs.

We've backed ourselves into a corner and we're either going to have to take damaged goods or pay over the odds.

Can see the appeal of an old favourite like Hill or Derry but it's a massive risk. They're completely untested, and having a good rep at the club doesn't make them suitable candidates. That's the kind of thinking that got us Les Ferdinand as DOF.

I'd like Favre too but can't see it happening. Still, you never know - TF's shown he's willing to pay well, he just hasn't had the best judgement so far. Right now I'm just praying we don't choose Sherwood. In fact, no ex-Spurs please, we need a break.
                            Last edited by REDRANGER; 05-11-2015, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AberdeenR View Post
                              Wouldn't want this to happen being an Aberdeen fan too but Derek Mcinnes would be a really good appointment, would bring a stable and winning mentality to the club, both Sunderland and west brom were interested in appointing him recently
                              Flunked with City two years ago. Not too sure about that mate.

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                              Lee Clark
                              Not sure how this gem was glossed over

Comment

Originally posted by parm21 View Post
                                no too risky i think.
                                For him or us?

Comment

Working...
                                X