Tony Fernandes has to take a lot of the blame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    People really forget about the concept of hindsight at this club. They think that every failure was so blatant from the get go.
    I don't think that giving Ramsey a chance was a mistake Nasser, based on his reputation as a top class coach. And I can even grasp the logic of giving him a chance with his own players.

But what you don't do is go around handing out 3 year contracts to people who have shown absolutely nothing to warrant it. And when it is so very clear that your hopes were wildly out of step with what you are getting, then steps must be taken as soon as possible to put it right. Not the time for procrastination.

TF and his board will soon start to get the grief directed very obviously at them and deservedly so. And I suspect that then and only then will they decide things are sufficiently uncomfortable to act.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      I don't think that giving Ramsey a chance was a mistake Nasser, based on his reputation as a top class coach. And I can even grasp the logic of giving him a chance with his own players.

But what you don't do is go around handing out 3 year contracts to people who have shown absolutely nothing to warrant it. And when it is so very clear that your hopes were wildly out of step with what you are getting, then steps must be taken as soon as possible to put it right. Not the time for procrastination.

TF and his board will soon start to get the grief directed very obviously at them and deservedly so. And I suspect that then and only then will they decide things are sufficiently uncomfortable to act.
      Fair comment Brighton and i would agree with that

Comment

T.f. Has to take the blame for employing toot and ploot , and now needs to get rid

Comment

Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post
          I dont recall there being a massive call for NWs head. No way near as bad as CR at present, or Harry, or Hughes.

Yes on paper certainly Redknapp seemed a good appointment based on his achievements at Spurs, but did Tony ever have an interview process? See if their heart is in the job?

Not every failure is blatent from the getgo, but the fact that he has got everyone wrong, while the previous regime got the majority right speaks volumes
          None of us know what Interview policy was adopted, if any. No the call for NW's head wasn't as it is now, i certainly wasn't but others were calling for his head as we headed into the last 5 minutes of the MK game. The Ramsey situation is as bad as I can remember just because his whole ethos is wrong, its not so much the results for me, as the way we are playing.

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
            The only wrong appointment was Ramsey?
            Wrong appointment in the way the supporters felt at the time. Hughes turned out to be an awful appointment but 80% of the fan base thought it was good at the time and the same with Harry but I believe not many were happy with CR's appointment.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              Wrong appointment in the way the supporters felt at the time. Hughes turned out to be an awful appointment but 80% of the fan base thought it was good at the time and the same with Harry but I believe not many were happy with CR's appointment.

Of course.. But us the fans are amateurs.. TF is a professional businessman. He kept HR and MH in the job too long, he allowed them two to bring in some shocking players on even more shocking wages. CR should've never been given a job, he employed him and LF two novices in there role's.. Massive mistake.
              C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

I won't mention his name but I was talking to someone who worked at the club a while back and he his exact words were Rangers will go nowhere under Fernandes.
                Reckons he is an absolute clown

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post

Uncle bumble is already getting stick mate. check his twitter.

as i predicted a month ago, it will get a hell of alot worse. we are now entering a dark moment at this club.
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
                    Of course.. But us the fans are amateurs.. TF is a professional businessman. He kept HR and MH in the job too long, he allowed them two to bring in some shocking players on even more shocking wages. CR should've never been given a job, he employed him and LF two novices in there role's.. Massive mistake.
                    Again, a lot of the signings made actually came with good pedigree, unlike some that Warnock (just as a call out to those who think he was a messiah) made when TF came in: SWP (on those wages), Joey Barton (on those wages), Luke Young, Armand Traore, Anton Ferdinand.
                    Go to MH and you'll see players who we actually were happy to have signed at the time and had very good pedigree: Ned, Djibril, Bobby (only one there who I recall fans being unhappy about was Bobby), Taiwo, Diakite (we didn't know much about him but he was a good signing on loan that half season). Again, the summer we survived, he signed some players we weren't sure about: Nelsen for age, AJ, Greeno, Bos####a, Ben Haim (I'd say only 3 of those were actually bad signings) and then he brought in some players who we all supported the decision to buy at the time: Park, Hoilett, Cesar, Granero, MBia. These were good players and they unfortunately didn't work out for us but even a professional businessman would love to have these players to boost the image of the club and the quality and leadership they brought.
                    Even Redknapp made some good signings and we can't have really been disappointed with many at the time of signing. Only people I think we generally weren't happy about signing were: Jenas, Samba (to a degree but that had no effect on us long run), Dunne, Henry, O'neil, Chevanton, Onyewu, Benayoun, Hughes, Rio and Sandro. These were players we felt didn't bring much and look at Dunne, Henry (last season), O'neil, Benayoun as players who surprised us. Then look at the people we signed who we were ecstatic to have signed: Caulker, Mutch, Fer, McCarthy, Robinson, Austin, Phillips, Remy. Not many would have said Caulker wouldn't succeed like he did or Mutch, but the others did well (Robinson was great for Huddersfield last season). Even on loan, we made some weird signings but there was little collateral from them and bringing in Ravel, Townsend, BAE (for half a season) and Niko were great deals for us. So I don't personally agree with this whole thing that we shouldn't have let them make the signings they did because in general, the signings had the pedigree to succeed for us and for whatever reason, it didn't work out. Yes, there were some extreme cases of failure but there were also extreme successes and we fans seem to only judge with two views: Looking at the failures and looking through lenses which take hindsight into account. Doing that flaws our judgement and makes us hate these people more than we should.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                      Those that are severely escaping any blame are the coaches. Been absolutely diabolical for far too long now.

How can players be too unfit, too tired, unable to understand a change in formation or adapt to play in a different position around their zone on the pitch ?

Until we get that backroom staff right, we are always going to have a bang average side regardless of having "PL class" or "International" players.
                      I definitely agree with this. We can blame CR for getting things tactically wrong or if an attacking move doesn't work out but we have coaches employed for defensive work, fitness and goalkeeping. If these people don't do their job, they tend to escape the blame as CR is the 'face' of the backroom staff. Fitness in particular is the greatest concern for me, if we don't get that right, as has been the case so far, we will never go far as a club.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post
                        I dont recall there being a massive call for NWs head. No way near as bad as CR at present, or Harry, or Hughes.

Yes on paper certainly Redknapp seemed a good appointment based on his achievements at Spurs, but did Tony ever have an interview process? See if their heart is in the job?

Not every failure is blatent from the getgo, but the fact that he has got everyone wrong, while the previous regime got the majority right speaks volumes
                        Most premier league clubs don't really have a true interview process. Most of it is done really poorly in football in general, not just here.

Also, saying that the previous regime got majority right is an extreme statement, to my mind, they only got one thing right and that was bringing NW in. That was it though, they made some good calls and then erased them through no ones fault but their own.

Comment

He should take most of the blame for this shambles IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                            Uncle bumble is already getting stick mate. check his twitter.

as i predicted a month ago, it will get a hell of alot worse. we are now entering a dark moment at this club.
                            Just had a look hits. Fark.ing bamboo bikes he's goin on about whilst our club is nosediving to league 1. I'm So pi.ssed off at moment it's hard to put into words. Worst run club in all 4 divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
                              Just had a look hits. Fark.ing bamboo bikes he's goin on about whilst our club is nosediving to league 1. I'm So pi.ssed off at moment it's hard to put into words. Worst run club in all 4 divisions.
                              i know mate, you just cannot make it up. we deserve better than a part time bumbling prat of a chairman.
                              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Again, a lot of the signings made actually came with good pedigree, unlike some that Warnock (just as a call out to those who think he was a messiah) made when TF came in: SWP (on those wages), Joey Barton (on those wages), Luke Young, Armand Traore, Anton Ferdinand.
                                Go to MH and you'll see players who we actually were happy to have signed at the time and had very good pedigree: Ned, Djibril, Bobby (only one there who I recall fans being unhappy about was Bobby), Taiwo, Diakite (we didn't know much about him but he was a good signing on loan that half season). Again, the summer we survived, he signed some players we weren't sure about: Nelsen for age, AJ, Greeno, Bos####a, Ben Haim (I'd say only 3 of those were actually bad signings) and then he brought in some players who we all supported the decision to buy at the time: Park, Hoilett, Cesar, Granero, MBia. These were good players and they unfortunately didn't work out for us but even a professional businessman would love to have these players to boost the image of the club and the quality and leadership they brought.
                                Even Redknapp made some good signings and we can't have really been disappointed with many at the time of signing. Only people I think we generally weren't happy about signing were: Jenas, Samba (to a degree but that had no effect on us long run), Dunne, Henry, O'neil, Chevanton, Onyewu, Benayoun, Hughes, Rio and Sandro. These were players we felt didn't bring much and look at Dunne, Henry (last season), O'neil, Benayoun as players who surprised us. Then look at the people we signed who we were ecstatic to have signed: Caulker, Mutch, Fer, McCarthy, Robinson, Austin, Phillips, Remy. Not many would have said Caulker wouldn't succeed like he did or Mutch, but the others did well (Robinson was great for Huddersfield last season). Even on loan, we made some weird signings but there was little collateral from them and bringing in Ravel, Townsend, BAE (for half a season) and Niko were great deals for us. So I don't personally agree with this whole thing that we shouldn't have let them make the signings they did because in general, the signings had the pedigree to succeed for us and for whatever reason, it didn't work out. Yes, there were some extreme cases of failure but there were also extreme successes and we fans seem to only judge with two views: Looking at the failures and looking through lenses which take hindsight into account. Doing that flaws our judgement and makes us hate these people more than we should.
                                How dare you suggest I supported buying Park....... Good post, sadly. We are all sucking on a crack pipe. Alchemy in reverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X