Tony Fernandes has to take a lot of the blame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony Fernandes has to take a lot of the blame

All three of the managers he has hired - Mark Hughes, Harry, Ramsey while sacking our most successful manager in years have shown his incompetence. Sanctioned deals on big contracts for some truly mediocre players.

All the stick given to the previous regime but they got it right more often than not with managerial selection (Gigi, neil, magilton) and players purchased ( record signing at the time Faurlin, taarabt, Hill, Derry, Mackie to name a few)

Watching the Brentford support and theyre passion for the players left me hankering for the old days of Birch, Gallen, Lee Cook all wearing the shirt with pride.

Has the money spoilt us?

He does indeed need to take the lion's share of the blame.

And only when it is very public, will it start to have an effect. At the moment, it would seem that he has absolutely no idea as to how fed up the fans are with the whole circus.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
      He does indeed need to take the lion's share of the blame.

And only when it is very public, will it start to have an effect. At the moment, it would seem that he has absolutely no idea as to how fed up the fans are with the whole circus.
      And he has been very lucky because most QPR fans have been too patient with him until very recently, which IMHO beggars belief as you actually analyse his reign.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

I think he really mugged us off and insulted our intelligence with the "Dream Manager" statement, it has turned in to a nightmare and really alienated many hardcore supporters!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
          I think he really mugged us off and insulted our intelligence with the "Dream Manager" statement, it has turned in to a nightmare and really alienated many hardcore supporters!
          All of the blame. Runs this club like a circus.
          Him being the head clown.

#zippo
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Always been a huge fan of Tony, but not anymore. Warburton was an absolute no brainer once Harry jumped ship, yet he chose to put two clowns with zero Managerial experience in charge. Has had plenty of time to admit his mistake and bring in a proper manager like Fat Sam or Pearson, but does nothing.

Comment

Perhaps i'm in the minority on this, but at the time of hiring both Redknapp and Hughes i thought it was a good move for the club. Obviously didnt really work out for Hughes, but people still slaughter redknapp when actually he did get us out of this league. Ultmiately left us in the brown stuff, but perhaps deserves a bit more credit for his season in the championship as we have found out this time round just how hard it is.

Wouldnt blame TF for hiring either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderman View Post
                Always been a huge fan of Tony, but not anymore. Warburton was an absolute no brainer once Harry jumped ship, yet he chose to put two clowns with zero Managerial experience in charge. Has had plenty of time to admit his mistake and bring in a proper manager like Fat Sam or Pearson, but does nothing.
                spot on spider
                warburton was the man for the job!

Comment

I thought Hughes would be good for us, I thought Redknapp would be great for us. I don't know if it was TF all on his own making the decision to give the job to Ramsey so would be unfair to comment.

Comment

Think that is totally unfair, supporters were calling for NW's head at the time, I was at MK dons that day and most supporters thought both Hughes and Redknapp were very good appointments, why they failed only they know. The only wrong appointment has been Ramsey and hopefully he will resolve this situation soon.
                    We reached Wembley and won and the flag idea was inspired how quickly we forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Think that is totally unfair, supporters were calling for NW's head at the time, I was at MK dons that day and most supporters thought both Hughes and Redknapp were very good appointments, why they failed only they know. The only wrong appointment has been Ramsey and hopefully he will resolve this situation soon.
                      We reached Wembley and won and the flag idea was inspired how quickly we forget.
                      People really forget about the concept of hindsight at this club. They think that every failure was so blatant from the get go.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Ramsey is god View Post
                        Perhaps i'm in the minority on this, but at the time of hiring both Redknapp and Hughes i thought it was a good move for the club. Obviously didnt really work out for Hughes, but people still slaughter redknapp when actually he did get us out of this league. Ultmiately left us in the brown stuff, but perhaps deserves a bit more credit for his season in the championship as we have found out this time round just how hard it is.

Wouldnt blame TF for hiring either of them.
                        Redknapp also got us relegated, don't forget that. Always been a chancer with a good media rep and not much else!

To be fair the club was a mess when TF bought it, we didn't have a whole summer to plan our future and ended up getting shafted for Barton, Park, Luke Young etc.. But he's shown no signs of learning form his mistakes, the club clearly has no plan or vision for the future and I cannot see how things will change with him in charge. The club is rotten from the inside out, there's clearly a problem with the coaching, admin, scouting, admin - you name it, there's been a problem in recent years. So to be fair to TF it's a difficult job, sadly I don't think he can do it though.

Comment

The only wrong appointment was Ramsey?
                          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Those that are severely escaping any blame are the coaches. Been absolutely diabolical for far too long now.

How can players be too unfit, too tired, unable to understand a change in formation or adapt to play in a different position around their zone on the pitch ?

Until we get that backroom staff right, we are always going to have a bang average side regardless of having "PL class" or "International" players.

Comment

I dont recall there being a massive call for NWs head. No way near as bad as CR at present, or Harry, or Hughes.

Yes on paper certainly Redknapp seemed a good appointment based on his achievements at Spurs, but did Tony ever have an interview process? See if their heart is in the job?

Not every failure is blatent from the getgo, but the fact that he has got everyone wrong, while the previous regime got the majority right speaks volumes

Comment

Working...
                              X