are we being a bit harsh..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
    I agree with most of that. The no respect thing explains why Zarate, Isla, and Vargas didn't get enough game time last year which annoyed most of us, and may have kept us up. The other two relegated teams being up there is a bit of a red herring in that both of them have got settled sides and play-styles while we were always on the backfoot with so many players coming and going, and our fans impatience hasn't helped either.

Warnock being here has also undermined his authority. The job now is not what CR was imagining it was going to be, but no-one at the club will admit that and he's obviously struggling. Clement is looking like he has got Derby playing well, but also inherited a settled side and has changed formation to 433 which is now paying off.
    Be that as it may, I think most of us would agree that being 13 points behind the pair of them after 15 games is completely unnacceptable, settled squad or not. The players are good enough to get out of this division (just about every one of them has been promoted from the Championship at one time or another) which surely leaves most of the blame with the manager.

Warnock may have undermined Ramsey's position to a degree, but (as you allude to) that is only because he has been so incompetent in virtually every department up to this point. It isn't the job he was expecting, but then that has almost entirely been his own fault.
    Last edited by surrey_hoop; 04-11-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

It's an interesting question. If you had put me in a bubble for the past nine months where I saw the exact same matches live and on tv but couldn't hear the crowd or communicate with any other Rangers fans either online or in person, I think I would have been pretty underwhelmed with Ramsey but not outright angry with him.

If I came out of that bubble and heard the crowd booing the team off at HT vs MK Dons (0-0, we were dominant), or read this forum, I would be baffled. What happened to the talk of 'consolidation' from last summer?

The reaction from many fans has been so over the top, nasty and, yes, unfair, that I've weirdly found myself being lumped in with the 'happy clappers' (people on here usually say I'm always negative).

It's so hard to get any perspective these days. We're either amazing or awful. Managers aren't simply underwhelming, they're evil #######s who need the sack, etc.

This is a direct result of TF feeding everyone complete bs for several years. Ramsey is soaking up the anger that should be directed at Fernandes. If Rangers fans, and particularly WATRBs, don't wake up this time I wonder if they ever will.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
        Chose Green over McCarthy

Continues to pick Green over Smithies

Plays an ageing Konchesky over Yun

Plays a useless Onouha or Perch over Furlong

Plays Karl Henry over Leroy Fer, Doughty and every other CM

Makes the wrong subs

Poor starting XI's

Players out of position

Sticks with players who are continually poor, ie; Henry, Tozser & Onouha rather than give youth a chance (his forte?)

Crowd have turned on him, very hard to reverse

Zero experience as a manager

Clearly not inspiring the team

That's just a few reasons that took 60 seconds off the top of my head to show me enough is enough.

It just hasn't worked.
        When put like that bloody hell,can I just add when the rot sets in it needs to be treated asap

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
          It's an interesting question. If you had put me in a bubble for the past nine months where I saw the exact same matches live and on tv but couldn't hear the crowd or communicate with any other Rangers fans either online or in person, I think I would have been pretty underwhelmed with Ramsey but not outright angry with him.

If I came out of that bubble and heard the crowd booing the team off at HT vs MK Dons (0-0, we were dominant), or read this forum, I would be baffled. What happened to the talk of 'consolidation' from last summer?

The reaction from many fans has been so over the top, nasty and, yes, unfair, that I've weirdly found myself being lumped in with the 'happy clappers' (people on here usually say I'm always negative).

It's so hard to get any perspective these days. We're either amazing or awful. Managers aren't simply underwhelming, they're evil #######s who need the sack, etc.

This is a direct result of TF feeding everyone complete bs for several years. Ramsey is soaking up the anger that should be directed at Fernandes. If Rangers fans, and particularly WATRBs, don't wake up this time I wonder if they ever will.
          Would you still not admit that the main reason for the ire directed towards Ramsey is not simply that he has been incompetent (you are doing him a huge favour by describing his tenure thusfar as "underwhelming"), but that it will in all liklihood get worse? If this is how badly he performs in the job with a number of PL players at his disposal, what on Earth will he "achieve" when our squad is no more talented than the next team? That is the reason for the anger....there hasn't been a single sign of improvement during his time, coupled with the realisation that is going to get a lot worse before (if) it gets better. When loyal supporters of the club are wasting time and money on this idiot, the anger is understandable and frankly deserved in my opinion.
          Last edited by surrey_hoop; 04-11-2015, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
            He chose to keep green over McCarthy. He also wanted to keep Austin and he signed and plays continually Henry. We're not being harsh, he's got no track record of ever managing a senior team and we game him a 3 year deal.
            I am not a defender of CR but we must try and keep to facts, he has been trying to sell Austin, Fer, Phillips, Sandro,Green and Caulker all preseason, when Austin came out recently and said he will stay until the summer, CR came out and said he might still be sold Jan.
            Last edited by californiahoop; 04-11-2015, 02:12 PM.
            Kept the faith!

Comment

Good post that mate and I feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                He was never the 'dream manager' TF referred to. Why do people keep saying he was?
                Who was it then? I don't remember Fernandes mentioning anyone else between making that comment and appointing Ramsey.

Comment

I don't think we are too harsh on CR because as the manager he needs to take responsibility.. But I am an bit concerned that the rest of the mob at LR are getting away with it.. Think the blame should be shared with the board, DOF and players as well as the coaches. Just to single out CR is not fair.
                  C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                      Ramsey played green all last year in prem ffs
                      Luckily he did. McCarthy's Palace's 3rd keeper at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                        Luckily he did. McCarthy's Palace's 3rd keeper at the moment.
                        How does he like THEM apples!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          How does he like THEM apples!
                          Palace's third, but a legend at QPR.

Comment

Hope he's watching how Tom Heaton is doing in the Championship.....didn't do his England chances any harm at all !

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                              Who was it then? I don't remember Fernandes mentioning anyone else between making that comment and appointing Ramsey.
                              I believe it was Laudrup. I am sure I read a good source on this. I am not itk I hasten to add, it was on one of these forums.

Comment

Best keeper we have ever had and #RamseyOut let him go over that donkey Green. He is going to get more England caps than Seaman and Parkes put together. Blame #RamseyOut for letting this excellent keeper just waytz his way out of our football club.

Comment

Working...
                                X