Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
    Agreed.

Have absolutely nothing against the bloke. In fact I really do like him and I am in no doubt he is giving 150% but the appointment just hasn't worked out. No shame in that, it happens. Rectify it Les / TF and people will respect you a bit more.

Who's Les going to put first that's the question, QPR FC or his good mate. Will be interesting
    LF will put himself first because he knows that if CR goes then so does he...

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
      ...on CR. Calihoop hinted at this, but he likely thought he'd be singing young, hungry, pacy, promising lower division players who he could develop further. The sort of players who would respect him. Doubt he would have been permanently appointed if we'd known he'd be coaching Green, Fer, Austin, Sandro, etc. Reckon they'll all be gone January. Just hope we don't appoint Sherwood.....
      Look, it doesn't matter what Ramsey wants. He was a completely unproven manager at the time of his appointment, and as such has absolutely no right to call the shots. He stepped into the position knowing our situation as regards players, and I would imagine had his say on the players brought in over the summer. He also knew that most fans would accept nothing less than a play-off position at least (the other two relegated sides are both in the automatic promotion positions at the moment). If the players don't respect him, then he shouldn't be in the job, it's as simple as that. I'm sure he's an excellent coach, but the job is simply too much for him.

As far as Sherwood goes...agree it isn't ideal. Unfortunately, the Old Boys Network is so strong at present that it's a question of when rather than if he gets the job, with Ramsey being moved into a coaching role.
      Last edited by surrey_hoop; 04-11-2015, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
        He chose to keep green over McCarthy. He also wanted to keep Austin and he signed and plays continually Henry. We're not being harsh, he's got no track record of ever managing a senior team and we game him a 3 year deal.
        Hi didn't sign Henry. Henry had the option of taking up a further year in his deal whether the club wanted him or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Hi didn't sign Henry. Henry had the option of taking up a further year in his deal whether the club wanted him or not.
          Who says Ramsey signed Henry?

The bloke keeps getting selected despite woeful performances this season. That's down to Ramsey (supposing CR picks the side that is...)

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
            McCarthy had a buy out clause that was met ffs
            Ramsey played green all last year in prem ffs

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
              But he's played him ever since, so clearly wanted him. I mean it's not as if he doesn't have options in midfield!

Comment

This is turning into vintage Terry Connor time at Wolves

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                  Who says Ramsey signed Henry?
                  The poster I quoted.

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                    Dream manager
                    He was never the 'dream manager' TF referred to. Why do people keep saying he was?

Comment

Yes and he was one of our best players.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post

Why are we playing 2 left backs whilst we loan out our young £3m left midfielder?
                        No way we paid 3 mil for him. Think it was 3.5 mil for him and Luongo but I doubt it was even that. League 1 players don't go for that kind of money.

Comment

In fairness last year Green was (alongside Austin) our best player and when McCarthy got his chance he farked it up.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Harsh ffs !! You not seen the results with the players we have , he is a karnt get him out now
                            R's

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              True, and I have to say it did seem that he favoured Green.

In terms of Ramsey and the "young hungry" approach, isn't Les in charge of signings?
                              I think Ramsey still has the final say, MattyRangers.
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by surrey_hoop View Post
                                Look, it doesn't matter what Ramsey wants. He was a completely unproven manager at the time of his appointment, and as such has absolutely no right to call the shots. He stepped into the position knowing our situation as regards players, and I would imagine had his say on the players brought in over the summer. He also knew that most fans would accept nothing less than a play-off position at least (the other two relegated sides are both in the automatic promotion positions at the moment). If the players don't respect him, then he shouldn't be in the job, it's as simple as that. I'm sure he's an excellent coach, but the job is simply too much for him.

As far as Sherwood goes...agree it isn't ideal. Unfortunately, the Old Boys Network is so strong at present that it's a question of when rather than if he gets the job, with Ramsey being moved into a coaching role.
                                I agree with most of that. The no respect thing explains why Zarate, Isla, and Vargas didn't get enough game time last year which annoyed most of us, and may have kept us up. The other two relegated teams being up there is a bit of a red herring in that both of them have got settled sides and play-styles while we were always on the backfoot with so many players coming and going, and our fans impatience hasn't helped either.

Warnock being here has also undermined his authority. The job now is not what CR was imagining it was going to be, but no-one at the club will admit that and he's obviously struggling. Clement is looking like he has got Derby playing well, but also inherited a settled side and has changed formation to 433 which is now paying off.

Comment

Working...
                                X