Pearson/Warnock type not the answer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearson/Warnock type not the answer

The idea that all the players need is a rocket up the backside/hair dryer treatment is wrong. We have one of the most talented squads in the league, but we can't scare them into performing. This group of players, like the ones from previous seasons, do not respond to this old fashioned type of management.

This is the best squad we will have for the next few years at least if we stick to our promise of not spending loads of money, but if we are to do well we need inspiration and excitement.

Our team are like a group of disobedient teenagers who need to be nurtured into the team that they could be.

We should therefore be looking at someone in the Ranieri mould rather than an all guns-blazing character

Laudrop or Jankanovic are examples even if slightly ambitious
    Last edited by W7ranger; 02-11-2015, 01:14 AM.

I just want someone who's actually managed a senior team before for a change

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
      I just want someone who's actually managed a senior team before for a change
      That would certainly help.... I don't think NW or Pearson are development managers and to that extent the OP is right. However, I also want to see people playing for the shirt and for each other. I haven't seen that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
        That would certainly help.... I don't think NW or Pearson are development managers and to that extent the OP is right. However, I also want to see people playing for the shirt and for each other. I haven't seen that for a while.
        My concern with them is that they are only extremely short term fixes. NW won't stay for long at all and NP will no doubt be embroiled in controversy to make this club more hated than it already is by outsiders. If Bournemouth aren't doing amazingly and Howe somehow gets sacked, he'd be one of the few managers in England who I'd have here in a flash, along with Chris Houghton.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

See I disagree with the OP I think a strong manager is exactly the type we need.

We have too many players, even after everything that's gone on, who are too happy to pick up their decent wages and not really have that hunger to improve and want to win games.

I really wanted CR to succeed but it's clear he isn't cut out for the job on so many levels.

Comment

"This is the best squad we will have for the next few years at least if we stick to our promise of not spending loads of money"

Don't think so, Charlie is here till July, Phillips, Fer, Sandro,Green,Hill will imo also be finished by the summer latest. And by us being
            a championship club, and going nowhere, we will lose players such as Luongo,Chery etc to higher league clubs, if they show any consistency in form.
            Posters seem to think it'll all be fine & dandy if we have a few years in the championship.......I predict we'll never get out, with the spending restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              "This is the best squad we will have for the next few years at least if we stick to our promise of not spending loads of money"

Don't think so, Charlie is here till July, Phillips, Fer, Sandro,Green,Hill will imo also be finished by the summer latest. And by us being
              a championship club, and going nowhere, we will lose players such as Luongo,Chery etc to higher league clubs, if they show any consistency in form.
              Posters seem to think it'll all be fine & dandy if we have a few years in the championship.......I predict we'll never get out, with the spending restrictions.
              Think OP is saying the squad we have today is a good one but will start to break up over next 12 months.

Comment

Don't think Pearson would be a short sighted appointment at all . We need to build a foundation like the one we had when we got promoted first time around . Look at leister now , that was pearsons work that raneri has picked up and improved upon . Leicester were bloody outstanding when the romped the league and had been steadily improving for years . And as far as not needing a rocket up their pampered over paid #### holes I couldn't agree less , I think that's exactly what they need . Someone to come in and show some authority saying I'm the boss and you'll ####ing do it my way and so help you god if you don't . Someone with a clear vision instead of Ramsey who quite frankly looks scared of his own shadow . Even when Leicester were getting turned over in the prem NP never flinched and never gave the impression they were ever really in trouble . That's what our lot need , a leader

Comment

Some interesting info . Just read on Pearson wiki page that he initially left Leicester due to "strained relations" with manderic(no surprises) and chief exec at the time .......a mr Lee hoos . Guess that's not going to happen then

Comment

Up to about a month ago I would've never wanted NP.. Think his old school rough house tactics is dated, even though he done well at LCFC.. But have grown to dislike many players in our squad. Call me bitter but I would love to see the look on there faces when that horrible #### walks in.. Imagine Troare and Hoilett.. LOL. He would work them to the bone. His style of play will be much better than what we have now and he knows the division.
                    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Think OP is saying the squad we have today is a good one but will start to break up over next 12 months.

That's the way I read it too - He suggests that right now, it's as good as we can expect for the foreseeable future. Some will leave next Summer (and maybe in January), so 'on paper' this is theoretically as good as it gets for a while.

Things change of course, but I see what he's saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                        Some interesting info . Just read on Pearson wiki page that he initially left Leicester due to "strained relations" with manderic(no surprises) and chief exec at the time .......a mr Lee hoos . Guess that's not going to happen then
                        Not coming here then. We can move on!
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Have some good memories of NW but think too long in the tooth now for what we need.

As someone else has said Pearson was not an overnight success at Leicester. It took a period of slow improvement and putting building blocks in place. Our team will break up January/July so do we go for a shorter term fix who might take us up this year or someone longer term and spend potentially longer in this division?

For me Pearson comes across as a bit of a #### but some of our players need a boot inserted up their rear ends until their eyes are watering and they are begging for their mummies. He could possess such a boot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                            Oh s**t.....yeah just gone back and re-read the post.....sorry w7

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                              There isn't much love at Leicester for Mr. Hoos. Suspect TF's criteria for appointing CEOs is as nutz as it is for managers.

Comment

Working...
                              X