Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    Agree if I had pick of anyone Rowett would be my man
    Good man westy. Done well and got promotion with burton. And took over a shambles brum side getting pumped 5 6 n sevens most weekends. Turned them right around. Kept them up then pushed on this season. All with peanuts to spend. Proof of what you can do with good management . Imagine what he could do with the players we have at his disposal. And money to spend .

Comment

Originally posted by QPRHoop View Post
      23 points so 4 more than we have at the moment.

If we had held on versus Cardiff two point down. Perhaps were thinking things are worse then they are due to actual performances
      Last edited by West Acton; 01-11-2015, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Rowett is doing a superb job at Brum. Just can't see him leaving them, "his team" for us....sadly

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Rickson View Post
          Good man westy. Done well and got promotion with burton. And took over a shambles brum side getting pumped 5 6 n sevens most weekends. Turned them right around. Kept them up then pushed on this season. All with peanuts to spend. Proof of what you can do with good management . Imagine what he could do with the players we have at his disposal. And money to spend .
          Speaks so well on camera too seems to know what he's saying plays attacking football ticks a lot of boxes

Comment

Rowett wouldn't be interested. He's well liked at Brum and has a good thing there, would be mad to leave them for our mess. If he keeps Brum where they are until the end of the season he will get much better offers. Personally don't think Pearson would be interested either, reckon he will be holding out for a prem job or at least a more stable club than us.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
              Rowett is doing a superb job at Brum. Just can't see him leaving them, "his team" for us....sadly
              I've been going on about Sean dyche last few seasons but we missed the boat there and he's out of reach now. Gary rowetts the next 1 who's going places. The people who run this club know nothing about football though so doubt they even know who he is.

Comment

I just think our problems are fundamentally deeper than CR and until matters are rectified I'm not sure any of the names will have any real effect.
                We had MH whose a top prem manager, HR champions league plus nearly national coach with GH England manager in the background and the one thing they all had in common was they never got us playing and we were for the last four years on the whole rubbish with no game plan.
                CR taken over a slightly depleted squad compared to his two predecessors and surprise surprise we are eh rubbish.
                I just don't know what a new manager can do that the MH, HR and CR (with LF) couldn't do, just think the saying "you can't polish a turd" rather comes to mind with our lot.
                For me there's something fundamentally wrong with the club.
                If arnything my own view is over the last four years we've lacked leaders on the pitch rather than a manager, Barton was too divisive and unpredictable and not that good and we wasted 4 years with him in our team, a couple of big personalities on the pitch might make a difference at the moment on the pitch we look like a school team that's forgotten their kit.

Comment

Hi Nas if you don't mind can to take a look at the following

I believe Norwich last season had a similar start to us having being relegated previous season. Do you know after how many games they sacked their manager and how many points did they have. Also how many points did they pick up after he left

I ask as don't think were in to dissimilar a position to what they were and they ended up in play offs and promoted. From memory they were shipping goals too
                  Norwich at this point in the season had played 14 games with 23 points. They did however go through a period of 1 win in 10 from gameweek 10 to 19. at that point, they had also conceded 26 goals. Their manager lasted till week 24 at which point they had 10 wins 7 draws and 7 losses.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Sorry about the delay, I was out having a family dinner haha.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                      Sorry about the delay, I was out having a family dinner haha.
                      Earlier in the season your response time to posts was on average 26 minutes and 15 seconds, but recently it's fallen right off to a massive 2 hours and 42 seconds. I think you might have to forego the family dinners if you're going to make the play-offs Nass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                        Earlier in the season your response time to posts was on average 26 minutes and 15 seconds, but recently it's fallen right off to a massive 2 hours and 42 seconds. I think you might have to forego the family dinners if you're going to make the play-offs Nass.
                        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                          Damn, I've let myself down. In all honesty, I had most of it typed out but forgot to send it before I went, came back to an open message haha.

Comment

Personally, I think that we have now reached the point where automatic promotion is out of our reach. If TF and co procrastinate much longer, then the play offs will just get harder and harder to achieve. Absolutely no reason we still won't finish top 6 if the required action is taken now.

Comment

Agree if I had pick of anyone Rowett would be my man
                              No chance getting Rowett at least until next season.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                                Personally, I think that we have now reached the point where automatic promotion is out of our reach. If TF and co procrastinate much longer, then the play offs will just get harder and harder to achieve. Absolutely no reason we still won't finish top 6 if the required action is taken now.
                                Agree, seems to me btw at the point Norwich made their managerial change they were in a far better position than we will be. We are sliding
                                down the league, like a turd on a polished tray.
                                Next 7 games see us play 5 of the top 6

Comment

Working...
                                X