No announcement yet.

Do we learn from our mistakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The big picture is whether we are gaining more points per game and as you acknowledge on another thread we are not - therefore hard to see how we cd be learning from our mistakes/ improving.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
      The big picture is whether we are gaining more points per game and as you acknowledge on another thread we are not - therefore hard to see how we cd be learning from our mistakes/ improving.
      Well, the actual big picture is performances. Naturally in the long run, make fewer mistakes, concede fewer goals, win more matches. We haven't really shown a tendency of improvement or worsening for long enough to suggest either way IMO.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Well, the actual big picture is performances. Naturally in the long run, make fewer mistakes, concede fewer goals, win more matches. We haven't really shown a tendency of improvement or worsening for long enough to suggest either way IMO.
        Disagree. That is the defence of every failing manager: "Plenty of positives to take from today's game" etc. Ultimately its all hot air if you are are not winning matches.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
          Disagree. That is the defence of every failing manager: "Plenty of positives to take from today's game" etc. Ultimately its all hot air if you are are not winning matches.
          Many many people here have said that the results would have been easier to take if we played better. It is always extremely important to learn from the last match performance wise. Looking at the results alone will blind you to everything else.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Many many people here have said that the results would have been easier to take if we played better. It is always extremely important to learn from the last match performance wise. Looking at the results alone will blind you to everything else.
            Mate you are an intelligent guy so I struggle to think you can really believe this stuff, unless you are just full of blind loyalty (a good quality in many ways). To cut through all this Johnny Manager stuff, Ramsey and co will have all this statistical info and much, much more besides - but they are not learning from it. I am not some Luddite saying you can't learn from this stuff. It was one of my frustrations about Warnock and Redknapp that they were both so old school they probably didn't bother with stats or analysis. My point is that Ramsey is almost certainly studying all this stuff but is unable to improve the team with it.

Comment

Working...
            X