Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lets see statto man nasser spin a positive slant on that ####.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by upperloft View Post
    Your beyond positive Nas. In the posts I've seen of yours not many negative comments if any.. You have been going to the games mate.. It's denial. We're a mess.
    Not really, I go to every home game (have been for the last 5 years) and I always get annoyed at stuff I see at games. After the match is over, I look to find what I can be happy about so I don't drop into a collection of multiple depressions that many fans here seem to go through. Not healthy is it.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Positives: Grant Hall, really impressed with this lad .

Comment

Here's a stat for you.

Player A comes on in the 90th minute as a sub at 0-0

Player B passes to player A who is 2 yards from an open goal and just needs to touch it home. He passes it back to Player B and whistle goes at 0-0

Player A has a 100% successful pass rate but effectively lost us the game.

Stats are a whole heap of piling cow shite. Pointless drivel.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
          Not really, I go to every home game (have been for the last 5 years) and I always get annoyed at stuff I see at games. After the match is over, I look to find what I can be happy about so I don't drop into a collection of multiple depressions that many fans here seem to go through. Not healthy is it.
          Neither is bottling it up mate.. This is why there is places like this. You don't have to be angry at the ground or the missus.. You can air your thoughts on here.

Like last night.. Cmon Nas.. That was a massive pile of ####. Grant Hall is the only one who had a good 90 mins.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Do you think Ramsey is right man to lead the club???

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
              Here's a stat for you.

Player B passes to player A who is 2 yards from an open goal and just needs to touch it home. He passes it back to Player B and whistle goes at 0-0

This ,,,,,,

Comment

Give the guy a break. He loves the club as much as us

Comment

Always positive mate, its my club after all. Disappointed about tonight but won't lose much sleep, onto the next game, whoever is at the helm. For the record, don't need a call out but its good to know my opinion matters so much to you.
                  Can't take this guy seriously, he's either Ramsey or the DOF in disguise
                  Absolutely deluded hasn't got a clue, watch the game mate we were crap and the DOF and Ramsey are to blame

Comment

Nothing wrong with Nas' attitude and nothing wrong with his stats. Wish I were as positive as him but I can't..... And even he can't put a positive slant on last night But lets not turn this into some sort of witch hunt eh?

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                      Can't take this guy seriously, he's either Ramsey or the DOF in disguise
                      Absolutely deluded hasn't got a clue, watch the game mate we were crap and the DOF and Ramsey are to blame
                      Rather happy you don't take me seriously to be honest. Means that I still have an semblance of positivity left in me. Wouldn't want to find myself agreeing with you because that means that I've lost hope and my first rule about supporting this club is to never lose hope.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Heres a stat whose let in the most goals in the champ
                        R's

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                          Here's a stat for you.

Actually, you're only looking at one stat. If you check out whoscored.com, it tells you where the pass was made, which direction it was played in, whether they had a clear cut opportunity and whether they took it. It does get tiring having to explain that stats like Pass success are not the be all and end all of stats and there are thousands of statistical breakdowns that could be used. Frankly, I feel like I'd be wasting my energy trying to explain it to you because you just want to totally ignore them but it amazes me how wrong someone can be about a subject.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                            Heres a stat whose let in the most goals in the champ
                            Congratulations, you've taken your first step into stats. Do me a favour and take a step back again

Comment

Congratulations, you've taken your first step into stats. Do me a favour and take a step back again
                              Why because what Steve has said is a cold hard fact ? Bit hard to dress that performance or our defending up . It's #### , end of story

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                                Why because what Steve has said is a cold hard fact ? Bit hard to dress that performance or our defending up . It's #### , end of story
                                No because what Steve said is exactly what people think statistical analysis is when in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X