Matt Phillips goal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Phillips goal

A bit of memory lane here. On the day when many of our greats were honoured, Matt's goal reminded me of one Stan scored down the Loft end back in the day. It struck me that with a bit of confidence, arrogance and a cool head anything is possible.
    On a related issue, the latest bunch of our boo boys might like to realise just how their collective idiocy stops players bring in the zone they need to deliver the goods. Well done to those who did their best to keep them quiet.

What a ball from Tozser
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Great goal
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Do you know with all the Henry and Ramsey Haters around, he has been the most disappointing player this season for me (thus far) don't hate him or would want to boo him but he has the game to really shine in this league and i haven't seen to much of it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
          Do you know with all the Henry and Ramsey Haters around, he has been the most disappointing player this season for me (thus far) don't hate him or would want to boo him but he has the game to really shine in this league and i haven't seen to much of it so far.
          Despite that, he's managed to get 4 goals and 2 assists. For the record, I agree, he's been disappointing relative to what I've hoped but those numbers for a winger who's considered "out of form" suggests to me how good a player he actually can be.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Despite that, he's managed to get 4 goals and 2 assists. For the record, I agree, he's been disappointing relative to what I've hoped but those numbers for a winger who's considered "out of form" suggests to me how good a player he actually can be.
            Just goes to show how you can turn stats into anything you want

Comment

Hate is a strong word ,,,,

I don't believe that people hate either Ramsey or Henry ,,,

What they do hate is poor management which includes picking players totally out of form (aka Ramsey,) which imo is clear to see ,,

Comment

I reckon it's got to be classed as hate if your booing a person and then screaming for them to be sent off.

Comment

www.statstats.com

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                    Hate is a strong word ,,,,

I don't believe that people hate either Ramsey or Henry ,,,

What they do hate is poor management which includes picking players totally out of form (aka Ramsey,) which imo is clear to see ,,
                    Your having a laugh mate , its pure hate and venom that comes out of some on here and at Loftus Road its embarrassing

Comment

Not really. Good players can score whenever they want, even out of form. Statistically, for a winger to score 4 goals and get two assists yet only have a whoscored rating of 7.16 (despite being a good score) is still too low for those numbers.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Not really. Good players can score whenever they want, even out of form. Statistically, for a winger to score 4 goals and get two assists yet only have a whoscored rating of 7.16 (despite being a good score) is still too low for those numbers.
                        Mate Brentford tried to argue a stats game and look where that got them, trust your eyes and watch the game and you wont go far wrong. For a winger to score goals, it all depends on the system he plays in harder, harder in a 4-42 as you will play mainly out wide easier in a 3 or 4 up front as your cutting in all the time, you can dress your stats up all you want , ill take no notice of them because they don't prove anything, your eyes are a far better judge.

Comment

I like Tory Kelvin. I just sensibly think that he ought be benchmeat at present. That Luongo ought play in the middle with Sandro. And Fer play in the hole behind Jet. And, when Charlie's back, he ought be up front with Jet in 442 with Chery and Philiips out wide.

Comment

Mate Brentford tried to argue a stats game and look where that got them, trust your eyes and watch the game and you wont go far wrong. For a winger to score goals, it all depends on the system he plays in harder, harder in a 4-42 as you will play mainly out wide easier in a 3 or 4 up front as your cutting in all the time, you can dress your stats up all you want , ill take no notice of them because they don't prove anything, your eyes are a far better judge.
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, read my signature. Will tell you everything you need to know about my feelings.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              I like Tory Kelvin. I just sensibly think that he ought be benchmeat at present. That Luongo ought play in the middle with Sandro. And Fer play in the hole behind Jet. And, when Charlie's back, he ought be up front with Jet in 442 with Chery and Philiips out wide.
                              This with bells and whistles on, and knowing you we'd probably agree on the back 5 too

Comment

Working...
                              X