Brentford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoop daddy View Post
    But that hope gets less and less the more we play badly Nasser. Being a rangers fan we mostly watch with hope rather than expectation but recently it's become the norm and with the players available that's not looking good.
    I've posted on another thread (Ramseys Subs) but those players are equally to blame for most of those performances. Its not like he went out there and told them "I don't want you to pass on target at any point ok? Make sure you get very few passes accurate"
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      I've posted on another thread (Ramseys Subs) but those players are equally to blame for most of those performances. Its not like he went out there and told them "I don't want you to pass on target at any point ok? Make sure you get very few passes accurate"
      I don't believe that either, but ask yourself this, why is this happening then?
      Why do players with good skill and quantity suddenly play shite?
      I just don't believe they (a) believe in the playing style CR us trying to implement (b) buy into the training techniques being used (c) playing in positions not used to (d) have any respect for him as a manager any more.
      I'm not saying all the above are the reasons why but I fully expect at least one of these to be correct.
      Why else do you suddenly get a shite team out of expected play off contenders at the start of the season?
      I didnt expect to be having these conversations on watrb in July but here we are.

Comment

Can anyone on here describe our style of play? To me we are winging games due to having better individuals than the oppoosition and when we are playing a team with equal ability we are in the shyte as tactically we are very very poor. The next 4 games will test us and see where we are as preston aside they are least our equal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Can anyone on here describe our style of play?
          This is actually a really good question 73R and one I was myself contemplating earlier!!!

I would say this point actually warrants a thread of its own

Im unsure how I would describe us were not a hard working in your face closing down team like WBA, were not a quick pacey counter attacking team like Palace, Were not a dirty team ala old stoke and were not a possession team like Arsenal; I really do struggle to categorise us and how we currently are playing I don't think we fit any description or style and that is part of the reason were struggling and why so may are saying we go out without a plan

At least under Bagpuss last time we went up we kept it tight at the back and won games one nil but what do we stand for this season??

Comment

This is why I personally would like to see the manager/coach to be changed as with the footballers we have we should be serving up better fare than we are. Personally I think this is why we have dropped points as there is clearly no identity or plan in any shape or form. We seem to winging it as we go along as the inconsistency would show.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Can anyone on here describe our style of play?
              My very thought amongst all the euphoria of a win against $hite

Comment

We haven't had a playing style since Warnock took us up. Under Hughes and Arry we have on the whole been rubbish, the fact that we continue to be so under Ramsey shouldn't surprise anyone.

Comment

We have had a kind run of fixtures especially at home at still we are less than convincing. We have no direction on or off the pitch as shown by giving this clown a 3 year contract. MK were woeful at best and we looked clueless at 0-0 which has been papered over by a 3-0 win. Bolton, Rotherham and Mk all played at home and all are in the bottom 4 or 5.

Comment

our style is get it forward enough times in a game then surely we'll score

Comment

From what I've seen this season, we like to pass the ball forward and create chances by getting attacking players like chery and Phillips on the ball instead of passing it around the centre keeping possession and taking our time to create an opening, this creates very open games and possibly the reason why we are scoring so much and conceding so much. Need someone in midfield to get a foothold of the ball and keep possession, hopefully this is Sandro.

Comment

Based on what has happened this season, here is our style of play summarised nicely by whoscored.com

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop daddy View Post
                          I don't believe that either, but ask yourself this, why is this happening then?
                          Why do players with good skill and quantity suddenly play shite?
                          I just don't believe they (a) believe in the playing style CR us trying to implement (b) buy into the training techniques being used (c) playing in positions not used to (d) have any respect for him as a manager any more.
                          I'm not saying all the above are the reasons why but I fully expect at least one of these to be correct.
                          Why else do you suddenly get a shite team out of expected play off contenders at the start of the season?
                          I didnt expect to be having these conversations on watrb in July but here we are.
                          Its happening because we aren't defending well enough as a unit. Just because a player is good on paper, doesn't mean he'll perform anything like that on the pitch. Greeno was one of the best keepers in the league last season and look at him now. Generally been lost this season. Form changes and it can last, in the long run though, expect to see the good players come good.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Its happening because we aren't defending well enough as a unit. Just because a player is good on paper, doesn't mean he'll perform anything like that on the pitch. Greeno was one of the best keepers in the league last season and look at him now. Generally been lost this season. Form changes and it can last, in the long run though, expect to see the good players come good.
                            too true i was thinking why dont we play junior hoilett up front with jet,because as a winger he keeps drifting out of the game
                            but as a striker hes skillfull enough to get some goals and he could do real damage
                            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

they have one quality player, Judge. need ned and konchesky to keep close to him and we should negate their attack.

Comment

Working...
                              X