No announcement yet.

Brentford

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am always surprised when we lose to Fulham that in the aftermath fans complain saying players are not up for it and don't know the importance of the game to the fans but we the fans spend all our time saying were not fussed by Fulham or Brentford and only dislike Chelsea so begs the question if the fans are blasé about them why should the players treat it any different to playing the likes of Brighton

Comment

I bet you there is more fight or spirit against Brighton than there was against Fulham! It is a question of maximum effort for the jobs they are well paid to do.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        I am always surprised when we lose to Fulham that in the aftermath fans complain saying players are not up for it and don't know the importance of the game to the fans but we the fans spend all our time saying were not fussed by Fulham or Brentford and only dislike Chelsea so begs the question if the fans are blasé about them why should the players treat it any different to playing the likes of Brighton
        Should players being paid thousands a week not be up for all games west?..I expect them to compete against everyone

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I think we are big time Charlie's to Brentford the same as chelscum are to us so the underdog always ups there game come Ko.
          To be fair fulham was in the prem far longer than us so expectations from them will be higher than ours, but we still believe we are better than we actually are.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            Should players being paid thousands a week not be up for all games west?..I expect them to compete against everyone
            But I think he made the same point, why should it matter any more than any other match to the player when we play down the quality of these teams or the rivalries. I can happily say that we have only been outplayed once by chelsea since I've been going. Thats because fans put emphasis on that rivalry. Fulham games and Brentford games are the same as any other to many fans I've spoken to. Now is different and I have a feeling that's down to the opinion of the bloke in charge. Unfortunately, its my belief that if a 'more liked' manager was leading this game, then the importance placed on it would be limited. But because of people wanting CR's head, they'll blow this one out of proportion so if he loses, they can demolish him.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
              But I think he made the same point, why should it matter any more than any other match to the player when we play down the quality of these teams or the rivalries. I can happily say that we have only been outplayed once by chelsea since I've been going. Thats because fans put emphasis on that rivalry. Fulham games and Brentford games are the same as any other to many fans I've spoken to. Now is different and I have a feeling that's down to the opinion of the bloke in charge. Unfortunately, its my belief that if a 'more liked' manager was leading this game, then the importance placed on it would be limited. But because of people wanting CR's head, they'll blow this one out of proportion so if he loses, they can demolish him.
              Nasser I get the impression you think people want us to lose to Brentford just so that they can slate the manager?
              This simply is not the case fella.
              I just don't think he us the right man to get the right result unfortunately but we all want to beat Brentford no matter what even if test means CR keeping his job

Comment

Not having that nass ....let's not make excuses before we've even played. Chelsea fans regularly dismiss us, but that doesn't mean they want to lose against us.
                Rangers had 4000 at the Cottage, and the team were abysmal.You telling me that the team thought ah what the hell no ones here watching, it's only fulham why bother?
                Edit, Oh and if you think fans that dismiss fulham and brentford for any other reason than to get under their skin, you are very naive or on a wind up
                Last edited by QPRDave; 25-10-2015, 09:15 PM.

Comment

That's my point Dave the level should be same regardless but we get upset if they don't put more in against two sides were not supposed to be bothered about

Comment

Not having that nass ....let's not make excuses before we've even played. Chelsea fans regularly dismiss us, but that doesn't mean they want to lose against us.
                    Rangers had 4000 at the Cottage, and the team were abysmal.You telling me that the team thought ah what the hell no ones here watching, it's only fulham why bother?
                    Edit, Oh and if you think fans that dismiss fulham and brentford for any other reason than to get under their skin, you are very naive or on a wind up
                    Its not about dismissing them, we just don't put more emphasis on them than we do for other matches, except recently. Its an observation.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop daddy View Post
                      Nasser I get the impression you think people want us to lose to Brentford just so that they can slate the manager?
                      This simply is not the case fella.
                      I just don't think he us the right man to get the right result unfortunately but we all want to beat Brentford no matter what even if test means CR keeping his job
                      I'm saying some want to prepare themselves for the worst. Obviously everyone wants us to win, but I get the feeling that people will still keep their ways if we win, but if we lose, they're using this build up to give themselves a reason to get riled up.

Comment

But that's just it west, we haven't been up for it against most of the teams that we have played this season but it hurts even more so against our neighbours.

Comment

I'm not giving excuses mate. I know we can win and I'll be disappointed if we don't, but I know how to proportion my feelings either way. I'm not bigging the game up to be something it isn't. This isn't a match that many fans care enough about the rivalry. Yea, obviously I don't like Brentford for many reasons but that doesn't mean I put more emphasis on this than any other match in this league, I want us to win naturally, every single game. My point is that fans are bigging this one up - not dismissing it - because in the case where we lose, some can call it the final straw for CR etc or something like that. Again, not saying they don't want to win, but they are preparing themselves if the worst happens.

Comment

I'm saying some want to prepare themselves for the worst. Obviously everyone wants us to win, but I get the feeling that people will still keep their ways if we win, but if we lose, they're using this build up to give themselves a reason to get riled up.
                            I give you that, but don't you think people think this because of the shite they have been served up prior?
                            If we could all see the light at the end of the tunnel and all was going to be rosy in the long run then you could forgive the odd #### up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop daddy View Post
                              I give you that, but don't you think people think this because of the shite they have been served up prior?
                              If we could all see the light at the end of the tunnel and all was going to be rosy in the long run then you could forgive the odd #### up.
                              That isn't really an excuse for it though. You have to be balanced. I'm gonna be desperately disappointed but no more than any other loss. In the long run, it counts just as much. If we look gutless and lose, yea, I'll be even more gutted but I'm not looking at that as a possibility. Why waste my energy looking for the worst when I can spend it hoping for the best.

Comment

That isn't really an excuse for it though. You have to be balanced. I'm gonna be desperately disappointed but no more than any other loss. In the long run, it counts just as much. If we look gutless and lose, yea, I'll be even more gutted but I'm not looking at that as a possibility. Why waste my energy looking for the worst when I can spend it hoping for the best.
                                But that hope gets less and less the more we play badly Nasser. Being a rangers fan we mostly watch with hope rather than expectation but recently it's become the norm and with the players available that's not looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X