(Y)unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    Also, we have sandro who can do the midfield thing, so can fer and luongo. We have Clint who can clearly defend but is limited by his lack of footballing ability beyond that.
    Agree and disagree they should be able to Nas but on form and showings so far this season there not doing in effectively or consistently. Think midfield is weak (based on performances) and that's part of problem were not solid at the back

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Agree and disagree they should be able to Nas but on form and showings so far this season there not doing in effectively or consistently. Think midfield is weak (based on performances) and that's part of problem were not solid at the back
      Oh come on now, I've named 3 players here, 2 of which have played very well when they've been available and Luongo has been impressive. Its the issue of not having a solid side player to sandro who I think is Luongo.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Yun is out of favour because of his bog standard displays towards the end of last season, and then the injury he picked up over the summer

Comment

Oh come on now, I've named 3 players here, 2 of which have played very well when they've been available and Luongo has been impressive. Its the issue of not having a solid side player to sandro who I think is Luongo.
          Agree I think Sandro and Mass sounds decent combination but as I said above on performances so far (not how something looks on paper) we have been weak. Would we be more solid with them as duo?? Maybe but until we actually see it in practice can't assume it's the answer.

Would you agree this season we have a lot of high profile players who have delivered very average performances or performances below what can be reasonably expected??

Comment

Agree I think Sandro and Mass sounds decent combination but as I said above on performances so far (not how something looks on paper) we have been weak. Would we be more solid with them as duo?? Maybe but until we actually see it in practice can't assume it's the answer.

Would you agree this season we have a lot of high profile players who have delivered very average performances or performances below what can be reasonably expected??
            To be honest, the one who really stands out to me is Green, to a degree Matty but he has the numbers and some here will say Ned. I def wouldn't say Sandro has let himself down, nor fer, nor Austin. My point was that all 3 of the players you implied were weak as a midfield were the 3 who actually weren't. We just have to hope we get to see them together. Individually, they've held that midfield when we've had to carry some players.
            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

To be honest, the one who really stands out to me is Green, to a degree Matty but he has the numbers and some here will say Ned. I def wouldn't say Sandro has let himself down, nor fer, nor Austin. My point was that all 3 of the players you implied were weak as a midfield were the 3 who actually weren't. We just have to hope we get to see them together. Individually, they've held that midfield when we've had to carry some players.
              Nasser I never said those three were weak I said midfield has been weak since start of the season with whatever combination we have played. I'm talking ALL players as a team/combination not individuals

You can put case forward for eack of them having good games as individuals in the twelve games so far don't think that applies to them as a team as were far to easy to play against and get behind. This may well be because we have played wrong combinations ie Henry and toszer

Comment

Nasser I never said those three were weak I said midfield has been weak since start of the season with whatever combination we have played. I'm talking ALL players as a team/combination not individuals

You can put case forward for eack of them having good games as individuals in the twelve games so far don't think that applies to them as a team as were far to easy to play against and get behind. This may well be because we have played wrong combinations ie Henry and toszer
                This is my point though, you named austin as an individual who can score. You then changed it to the units. Whereas I've named 3 individuals who play a role and have worked it well when they've played. We have the players its just getting the formula. But that's the same for all positions. That was my point. I definitely feel we had to try to carry Henry for whatever reason but he wouldn't be starting with a fully fit side as we saw against wednesday. He will gradually become 6th choice centre mid. But I'd say the other 5 are pretty good players and have shown that they can be good (Toszer is getting there)

Comment

Again don't disagree by reputation and what they have done in past they are good players however based on this seasons efforts as a midfield in my opinion they have come up short. On individual basis each has had good games here and there but none of the midfield have all had good games together that's my view

When I referred to Austin he is the one player who I would say has lived up to expectations and done his job consistently this season unsure that applies to the others.

Unsure what you mean by units???

Comment

Again don't disagree by reputation and what they have done in past they are good players however based on this seasons efforts as a midfield in my opinion they have come up short. On individual basis each has had good games here and there but none of the midfield have all had good games together that's my view

When I referred to Austin he is the one player who I would say has lived up to expectations and done his job consistently this season unsure that applies to the others.

Unsure what you mean by units???
                    I'd say Sandro has performed consistently and so has Luongo, bar one game against fulham has been extremely consistent, the same as Faurlin and Fer. Again, its only Henry and Tozser when they've played together who have actually let down the midfield badly.

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                      Konchesky has been class this season. Some people are so blinded by age it's a joke.
                      Class lmaooooooo

Comment

Here's something I've noticed, players are staying out of the first team picture longer than we are used to after injuries. Especially Injury prone players or players with recurrence potential such as Sandro, Faurlin, Fer (to a degree) and Yun. Perhaps there is something behind that, with the players (seemingly) being able to last longer on the pitch. Sandro for example managed a full 90 minutes and kept on going throughout. I think Yun is being kept out as a precaution to help him when he does get back to full fitness so that he can last longer and more fit.
                        I think there are questions to be asked about our fitness regimes - we haven't looked properly fit for a few seasons now. Other teams are noticeably quicker around the pitch than us and move more with and without the ball. How many times do we see a player look up for a pass and knock it back or square because there are only statues ahead? Maybe fitness is why we concede late so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                          I think there are questions to be asked about our fitness regimes - we haven't looked properly fit for a few seasons now. Other teams are noticeably quicker around the pitch than us and move more with and without the ball. How many times do we see a player look up for a pass and knock it back or square because there are only statues ahead? Maybe fitness is why we concede late so often.
                          could have a good point there alan , in some games especially last season we looked shot after 60/70 mins

Comment

Originally posted by Alanwycombe View Post
                            This is true but I think we are also looking at that now with this new system. Keep the injured players out longer than we are used to having them out so they come back properly fit instead of rushing them back.

Comment

Working...
                            X