No announcement yet.

(Y)unbelievable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Konchesky has been ok tbh, at least he can do the basics fairly well which can't be said for the rest of the lot at the back.

Also, makes occasional raids forward which are a damn sight more effective than Onouha on the other side.

Comment

I would bet that it's the roasting Yun got at Palace from Zaha is the reason he is nowhere near the first XI. Probably would have loaned him out had he been fit in the summer.

Comment

Believe we need to build the team for speed. Konch has been okay at LB this season, but is relatively slow, can't cross the ball, and poses no scoring threat when in the box. Yun has the ability to be the remedy for all three. And given Konch's age why, like Henry, is he slated to start every game FFS? Just the latest evidence of CR's stubbornness, cluelessness, and poor player management

Comment

I'd give Kpekawa a few games.

Comment

Could play Konch and Yun ahead of him in midfield

Comment

Konchesky is not that bad. Having said that, he's definitely one of Ramsey's favourites and Yun should be at least on the bench.

Comment

Please Tony, sack this joke of a manager if true.

Comment

I think Konchesky has done well too
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

(Y)unbelievable

Explain this to me. The Championship season is long and difficult, often with 2 games a week. Why then does CR insist on starting an aging and unaggressive Karl Henry virtually every game (over a Sandro-Luongo duo that would kick tail) and now seems to have copped the same approach to a steady but slow, aging, and unable-to-make-a-decent-cross Konch over a speedy, now healthy, proven-in-the-past Yun?

Comment

I dunno what games you've been watching recently but some of the crosses Konchesky has put in recently (except Brum) have been great.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Appreciate your opinion, but Konch for me is a very solid backup at LB who poses no real threat pushing forward. At the very least, given his age, Konch should be platooned with Yun. IMO, the kind of start-Henry-every-game stubbornness that we've seen so far this season.

Comment

Hmm not sure really, I don't think Yun is anywhere near as good as some people think he is.

I am not Konch's biggest fan, he has cost us a couple of goals recently by switching off and not following his man (Brum's first and 1 of Bolton's IIRC) but going forward he has been OK and gets some decent balls in. I wouldn't change the back 4 for tomorrow, not after a much needed clean sheet.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Here's something I've noticed, players are staying out of the first team picture longer than we are used to after injuries. Especially Injury prone players or players with recurrence potential such as Sandro, Faurlin, Fer (to a degree) and Yun. Perhaps there is something behind that, with the players (seemingly) being able to last longer on the pitch. Sandro for example managed a full 90 minutes and kept on going throughout. I think Yun is being kept out as a precaution to help him when he does get back to full fitness so that he can last longer and more fit.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              Hmm not sure really, I don't think Yun is anywhere near as good as some people think he is.

I am not Konch's biggest fan, he has cost us a couple of goals recently by switching off and not following his man (Brum's first and 1 of Bolton's IIRC) but going forward he has been OK and gets some decent balls in. I wouldn't change the back 4 for tomorrow, not after a much needed clean sheet.
                              I think perch will definitely be back tomorrow matty
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

Yun has been injured all season and Sandro has only just come back from injury.

is he supposed to pick injured players now?

Comment

Working...
                                X