Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luongo

What's people's views on the boy?

I like him but would prefer to see him alongside Sandro, controlling the game. He can pass the ball and although I've only seen him a couple of times I think there is a real player there.

Like I said have only seen him a couple of times as I've missed a few games due to work so what about all you lot who go every week. Is he as good as I think he could be?

Baring in mind he is still only 21/22

I see Ramsey plays him further up field and I know he played well at Wolves in that role but I like the idea of him alongside Sandro where he can dictate the game.

This also allows Chery to play behind the striker which I am sure is his best position.

Comment

Best game he's played was in the midfield two at Charlton. Only a m oron wouldn't play him there....

Comment

Tidy player. Little bit lightweight, but good passing range, and doesn't over complicate things.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
          Tidy player. Little bit lightweight, but good passing range, and doesn't over complicate things.
          My take on him too. He has a lovely first touch and rarely loses the ball, tenacious little sod n all. Just wish he was a bit more dangerous with his final pass / shot - that's definitely where his game could be improved.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Think he has been one of our better buys this season. Gets up and down and is tidy on the ball. He's 23 btw

Comment

Totally agree that Luongo should be playing alongside Sandro rather than further forward. We need someone to be able to receive the ball from the centre halls and start attacks. Against Wednesday the centre half continually hit it long which is easy to defend against and boring to watch.

Comment

I like luongo but is a bottle job in front off goal, if he can get a bit more confident in front off goal we have a little gem off a player. Don't forget he does have a lot off mileage on the clock going Australia if there at home
                You Rsssssss

Comment

Originally posted by Harryboy View Post
                  I like luongo but is a bottle job in front off goal, if he can get a bit more confident in front off goal we have a little gem off a player. Don't forget he does have a lot off mileage on the clock going Australia if there at home
                  This is very true and why I think we should play him deeper.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Fyi...Lord Hill of Loftus, in his interview on player, was praising the combination of Sandro & Toszer for their excellent screening work.

Comment

I think him and Hall will prove to be two very astute signings. I think he's wasted higher up the pitch and feel playing deeper would really show him off but if Ramsey does that he more or less makes Toszer and Faurlin redundant

As said above goes to pieces in the box have seen him miss easy chances at Charlton, wolves, Fulham and against Wednesday but on plus side at least he's getting in box to miss them just needs some more composure. What was his goal record elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        I think him and Hall will prove to be two very astute signings. I think he's wasted higher up the pitch and feel playing deeper would really show him off but if Ramsey does that he more or less makes Toszer and Faurlin redundant

As said above goes to pieces in the box have seen him miss easy chances at Charlton, wolves, Fulham and against Wednesday but on plus side at least he's getting in box to miss them just needs some more composure. What was his goal record elsewhere
                        13 in 88 league games for Swindon and 2 in 14 for Oz.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                          13 in 88 league games for Swindon and 2 in 14 for Oz.
                          Yeah he is clearly not a goalscorer. We need fer in that role. Shocked he was dropped sat. Clueless decision!
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            Yeah he is clearly not a goalscorer. We need fer in that role. Shocked he was dropped sat. Clueless decision!
                            Be interesting to see us lined up with a midfield & attack something like:

Sandro Luongo
                            Phillips Fer Chery
                            Austin

Comment

That attacking quality will win more than it loses and that includes having a bottom half of the table defence
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Working...
                              X