Statistical Best 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Nasser you either need to get a life or a job....................... fark me haha
    Oh come on. He's obviously very interested in this side of things and is prepared to answer questions in detail when asked to do so by others. Don't necessarily agree with all he says by any means, but a different viewpoint creates debate, thought and not least, a degree of entertainment.

And for one so young, I feel that he copes with the amount of grief he gets remarkably well, having seen how quickly certain other people have been known to blow up.

Hope he's here in 20 years to see how much he's changed.

Comment

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on stats but agree that's our best 11 (if you start Yun).

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
        Oh come on. He's obviously very interested in this side of things and is prepared to answer questions in detail when asked to do so by others. Don't necessarily agree with all he says by any means, but a different viewpoint creates debate, thought and not least, a degree of entertainment.

And for one so young, I feel that he copes with the amount of grief he gets remarkably well, having seen how quickly certain other people have been known to blow up.

Hope he's here in 20 years to see how much he's changed.
        This. He gets constant sniping comments and handles it very diplomatically.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
          He was asked a question, he answered it. Wind your neck in. If you don't like his posts, don't read them. Simples.
          Who rattled your gage ginger. I don't tell you to wind your neck in with some of the crap you post.

Comment

One of the best, most rational posts I've seen on this site for a very long time. Point on re Clint Hill, Onouha, others. I believe we need a team built for speed, power and grit. Think we should still look for another RB (Perch a solid backup but a questionable first teamer) and with Robinson hurt for ages assume a healthy Yun should be started ASAP over Konch (another solid backup) because he CAN move the ball quickly upfield. Same for Luongo over Henry (a no brainer except in the mind of CR). Like what we've seen of JET recently; once Charlie is back, could JET and Fer platoon at the #10 slot flanked by two of the speedy wing middies (Phillips, Chery, Mackie)?

Comment

Who statistically is our worst manager ? Got to be Clueless Chris surely!

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                One of the best, most rational posts I've seen on this site for a very long time. Point on re Clint Hill, Onouha, others. I believe we need a team built for speed, power and grit. Think we should still look for another RB (Perch a solid backup but a questionable first teamer) and with Robinson hurt for ages assume a healthy Yun should be started ASAP over Konch (another solid backup) because he CAN move the ball quickly upfield. Same for Luongo over Henry (a no brainer except in the mind of CR). Like what we've seen of JET recently; once Charlie is back, could JET and Fer platoon at the #10 slot flanked by two of the speedy wing middies (Phillips, Chery, Mackie)?
                I agree. I also like the look of the team, on paper.

Comment

Hall for Ned then that's our best team I reckon.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    Nas out of interest how can the options for left back be two players that have not kicked a ball this season. Assuming analysis is based on historical records rather then performances this season??

I agree with Mass playing deeper think that's his ideal position as still has ability to get on ball and drive forward from that position which adds another dimension to our game
                    I used historicals from last season and the season before. I have that data available haha. Thats exactly why I have Mass there, think we need that sort of player just to bring our midfield further up the pitch.
                    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by knocker View Post
                      Who rattled your gage ginger. I don't tell you to wind your neck in with some of the crap you post.
                      You effectively tell me to, yet when it comes back to you, you get offended. Just take a step back and calm down instead of just being presumptuous and negative for the sake of it. I get posters negativity on here but you haven't backed it up at all and just have a go at everyone instead of taking the time to have a logical discussion about it. Its a forum, not a battlefield.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Qprtanpa1 View Post
                        I definitely agree regarding Perch and think any wages spent in january should be aimed at a right back before anything else. Yun should definitely get in as soon as possible but based on what I know from last season, Robinson should be given a chance whenever he gets back, unless yun has a blazing start at left back. I actually think JET might be the only player in competition with Matty for Right mid. Seems like Mackie has been playing left to cut in on his strong foot. JET seems to always be drifting wide right anyway so it would make sense for him to be playing there.

Comment

Says it all about the sh1t business done , if Clint is in the team (which I think he should be BTW) Clueless Chris wanted a playmaker defender rather than one who can defend it & head it!

Comment

Originally posted by A Man Without A Clue View Post
                            Says it all about the sh1t business done , if Clint is in the team (which I think he should be BTW) Clueless Chris wanted a playmaker defender rather than one who can defend it & head it!
                            Long run think a playmaker alongside someone in the vein of clint is better in the long run. Obviously at his age he isn't going to last much longer but getting the balance right is definitely key going forward for us.

Comment

Nas. You know the probs of playing Clint at the back.... it means we have to lie deep by default to avoid being exposed. That's OK if you're prepared to defend like Inter did when Mourhino was there, we obviously don't have defenders of that calibre.

The other problem is that sometimes you have to fit players around a system (which I believe is one of the reasons why people were reluctant to come in for Charlie).
                              What system would be your preferred option assuming full fitness? I'm not sure that one up or 4-4-2 are making use of our resources.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Long run think a playmaker alongside someone in the vein of clint is better in the long run. Obviously at his age he isn't going to last much longer but getting the balance right is definitely key going forward for us.
                                Angella & Clint will be the CB pairing now then ?

Comment

Working...
                                X