Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the most clueless QPR manager we have ever had?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post
    I thought Jim had us playing some decent footy before he headbutted buzz

I agree with you on Holloway and Warnock, I would personally add Gigi de canio to that list also
    John Gregory done a great job keeping us up in the Championship while having to pay our away game expenses out his own pocket. Got the bullet as soon as money came in, so I'd put JG in the 'good job' category.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
      Current clown and Wilkins for me.

Actually, they are quite similar, both decent enough chaps, but not a Scooby when it comes to managing. Both also got us relegated, but at least the crab had the decency to walk (sideways) when the following season when he realised he was out of his depth.
      Ray "the lads worked their socks off" Wilkins? No they didn't, Ray. No they didn't.

Good shout on both c(o)unts, CAT.

Comment

#### me, we've had some right bad managers!
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Nobodies mention STEVE Burtenshaw or Frank Sibley �� Sibley was a brilliant coach but poor manager and Gregory didn't hang around too long before firing him.

Comment

Frank Sibley was clueless. I knew this as a kid. He was fired and started working in the same pub my mum worked in. I was supposed to meet him but he couldn't handle actual work and quit after a week.

Comment

We've had a few sadly
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Paul hart and Ray harford. Though these 2 had decent reputations when they came to club. The current chap, we can only blame ourselves for appointing someone with no managerial experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Nobodies mention STEVE Burtenshaw or Frank Sibley �� Sibley was a brilliant coach but poor manager and Gregory didn't hang around too long before firing him.
                  Sibley quit. Gregory begged him to stay. He wasn't fired. And then appointed Burtenshaw.....

Comment

Mick Harford England England 15 January 2010 2 March 2010 P7 W1 D0 L6

That's quite tough record to beat.

Comment

Dunno about the worst but I loved Gigi Di Canio. Played some awesome football under him was a joy to watch.

Comment

This should jog a few memories - there's quite a list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._F.C._managers

Comment

I did.

Comment

so Iain Dowie was our most succesful manager since 1906, bloody hell 53% win percentage
                            22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiswickHoop View Post
                              I thought Jim had us playing some decent footy before he headbutted buzz

I agree with you on Holloway and Warnock, I would personally add Gigi de canio to that list also
                              I think some of the football Magilton had us playing albeit inconsistently was the most entertaining I've seen since the 70's .

Comment

Rangers77, as I remember he did quit, you are correct. QPR were doing badly at the time. I don't remember all the ins and outs but QPR were relegated for sure not long after. I think we stayed down until Venables too his great team up. I do know Sibley quit the pub so I didn't get to meet him.

Comment

Working...
                                X