Sir Les

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir Les

We have been fortunate in the past to have ex players come back and be a success – Venables, Francis, Holloway and now Ferdinand.

That got me thinking, does the problem lie with Les just as much as Ramsey? Or does he get off, given his past history with the club? I honestly believe that if he wasn’t a club legend the fans would be on his back just as much. If not more.

When JET was taken off and replaced with Fer, was this due to a lack of football nous from Ramsey or was he doing what was best with the limited attacking resources?

When we complain of the lack of leadership on the pitch, is that the fault of Ramsey? Or is this the failure of the club for not bringing a leader to the club.

Defensive frailties?

Are the jobs too big for both Ramsey and Ferdinand? I am starting to think so…

not sure.

over the summer, we seemed to do what we always seem to do - focus on buying midfielders and not do too much about attackers and defenders. to be fair to ferdinand, i think he has been operating within tighter constraints than most of the more recent managers (the last one that seemed to have much in the way of a budget to work to was probably warnock under briatore). i guess we expected philips, sandro and fer to all move on... but it seems odd that we made more or less no contingency for austin being on his way.

i think if we're going to accept the basis that the club has to live more within its means, then we have to also accept that there will be a more hit-and-miss approach to quality of what's being brought in. ferdinand has recruited on a budget. it seems ramsey doesn't fancy all the players that were bought, but i still can't understand not selecting either polter or blackwood or a youth squad attacker to sit on the bench (especially if the club knew that jet was unlikely to manage 90 minutes). selecting a bench of 5 midfielders, 1 defender and a goalkeeper? that has to be a ramsey decision.

on paper, more or less all the incomings over the summer showed promise. they'd all played well at their previous clubs... so on that level the dof seems to be doing a decent job. whether they are suited to the formation that we seem to be sticking with is perhaps more questionable - it's difficult to see polter playing as a lone striker, rather than as one of a top two for example. it's unclear why we are sticking with the formation... it helps teams plan against us. whether sticking to the system is lf's or cr's or both of them's decision is less clear.

Comment

just as much to blame, what expertise does he have to be DOF NONE he was onl a 2nd to sherwood in charge of spurs reserve team and he gave Ramsey the job,part of his remit as DOF

Comment

Regarding players; Ramsey has the final say, I´m sure I read somewhere.

On the Whole, I think we have to be patient With Sir Les. Mind you, we are probably the club with the worst reputation in europe. Like it or loathe it.
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I feel Ferdinand is right for QPR, HOWEVER he has one test to undertake and he needs to do it quickly to show he is up to the job !!

His biggest test is to show he can put right a bad appointment, Ramsey seems a good bloke but with the squad he has he is failing QPR as manager. If Ferdinand reacts quickly and put this appointment right he can save his career.
          The Warnock appointment is so wrong, to bring back a manager who was at the club only recently and then sacked by the club to support an under achieving manager seems bizarre. If we don't trust Ramsey then move him on !

Comment

ferdinand

ferdinand was probabley the greatest ever player to play for qpr but im afraid he has found a very vulerable person in tony fernandes who was so easy for les to fill with idiotsy

les should go because if he stays for 4 years we sit in this ivision in mid table

we are in a world of nothingness drifting along this transfer window we could esasily lose charlie austin matt phillips and sandro crfeating 30 million pound if warnock was the manager he could go out and buy 6 brilliant players and improve the squad where as ramsey and les have no idea how to find good players

so yeah les should go and take the puppet with him
            Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Think the main purpose of the DOF is to sell and buy players. Think most would agree, we moved on the right players and bought in players with a lot of promise on very little money. Think in that regards he has to be commended.

We were never going to spend big money so talk of players like Rhodes, Afobe, Gayle, Gray was unrealistic.

Think if him and Ramsey were as incompetent as some on here make out, players like Austin, Phillips, Fer etc. would have been pushing harder for a move.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                ferdinand was probabley the greatest ever player to play for qpr but im afraid he has found a very vulerable person in tony fernandes who was so easy for les to fill with idiotsy

les should go because if he stays for 4 years we sit in this ivision in mid table

we are in a world of nothingness drifting along this transfer window we could esasily lose charlie austin matt phillips and sandro crfeating 30 million pound if warnock was the manager he could go out and buy 6 brilliant players and improve the squad where as ramsey and les have no idea how to find good players

so yeah les should go and take the puppet with him
                ...or warnock could buy leon clark, anton ferdinand, shaun wright-phillips, luke young, armand traore, pascal chimbonda and jason puncheon (but then only play puncheon for about 20 whole minutes).

Comment

Are we happy with the players purchased?

Tozser? Perch? Konch? Angella? Gladwin? Polter?

Out of the summer activity, who has impressed you most? Luongo and Chery for me but they weren't cheap.

Comment

I think we have a good enough squad to win the league if we had a good enough manager.

Comment

ferdinand was probabley the greatest ever player to play for qpr

REALLY ? You must be you very young Marsh,Bowles,Francis,Thomas, and many more

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        ferdinand was probabley the greatest ever player to play for qpr

REALLY ? You must be you very young Marsh,Bowles,Francis,Thomas, and many more
                        You should have checked the poster's name. It was Ted.

Comment

If you can't cry you have to laugh

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                            You should have checked the poster's name. It was Ted.
                            Don't agree. I'd probably have Francis as 1 , then Sir Les followed by marsh then super stan
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
                              I think we have a good enough squad to win the league if we had a good enough manager.
                              Not a chance - this squad is far too weak and imbalanced in too many areas to win this league regardless of manager.

Comment

Working...
                              X