• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We were lucky they didn't take there chances
    R's

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      He's saying that he knows the crowd were going mad at him for swapping jet with fer, but he said we don't know things he does, and that jet is carrying a knock and had to come off and fer is big and strong and can score goals and fancied him to come on and get the winner.
      He should try and get another striker in on loan, so we have a striker who can come on, if he doesn't fancy Polter. Just perhaps if we went 442 for the last 10 minutes we might have created a couple more chances but he seemed to me to just be ensuring we didn't lose. We all understand that players pick up knocks etc but not having a striker on the bench summed the whole night up for me.

Comment

Looks like Bobby is helping get another club promoted.

Comment

It is the same old story, he really is not up to it. To not have a back up striker on the bench when you know that your main striker (JET in this case) is carrying a knock is just rank bad management. Polter should have been on the bench, horrible atmosphere at the match last night and as fans we have lost what little confidence we had in Ramsey. I like many was prepared to give him a chance this season as we have had far to many managerial changes over the years but it is becoming ever more difficult to get motivated to come to LR to try and be positive and get behind our team. The board has to be brave and honest and make the change now. Another draw or defeat on Saturday and surely that has to be it.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
            How many games did we say we would give him at the start of the season.... Can someone find that poll that was done!!
            I gave him till the Fulham game, I now want him out. It hasn't worked out. Nice bloke, should stay on as a coach but manager? No.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by RodwasGod View Post
              It is the same old story, he really is not up to it. To not have a back up striker on the bench when you know that your main striker (JET in this case) is carrying a knock is just rank bad management. Polter should have been on the bench, horrible atmosphere at the match last night and as fans we have lost what little confidence we had in Ramsey. I like many was prepared to give him a chance this season as we have had far to many managerial changes over the years but it is becoming ever more difficult to get motivated to come to LR to try and be positive and get behind our team. The board has to be brave and honest and make the change now. Another draw or defeat on Saturday and surely that has to be it.
              my thoughts exactly
              we are going nowhere fast!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Looks like Bobby is helping get another club promoted.
                We should have kept him and Dunne.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Yeah I don't think we should get rid of him from the club in general... Should return to his original post IMO.

Give NW the role until the end of the season or maybe Nige Pearson - Even though I don't like the bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    What has annoyed me is that he isn't honest in his assessment, yes it was good to keep a clean sheet and Hill was very much part of why that happened along with Hall but all he then alludes to is that had we taken out clear cut chances we would have won but what he should have said was "yep got a bit lucky with the sending off and then the penalty but we deserved that after the pen on Saturday. Would like to see us attack more and put the away side under more pressure"...........then he might get a bit more respect.
                    All this bull he has said forgetting we were at the game and we were awful in general play, lumping balls up to a lone striker and then a lone midfielder all night, Weds could and should have got the win last night but their overall play was just as bad but where we got lucky with the decisions they were unlucky and in most other games we would have been down to 9 or 10 men.
                    Don't think it's a case of not being honest Kit, more that he is just clueless. Probably works on the same principles as young Nasser in as much as he is overly reliant on useless stats, rather than the actual problems which are a lack of organisation and intent. Most players are trotting out one poor performance after another and whilst it may not be obvious to him, it is crystal clear to me that it is only to be expected if you ask players for some inexplicable reason to play the game in a different way to the way that they are best suited.

CR thinks that a clean sheet is a good indication of progress, but it's not really as we were generally not threatening enough ourselves. For those that want to use stats as an indication, I think that if we kept a clean sheet for every other game this season but failed to score ourselves, we would more than likely go down, so not much to be positive about in the slightest.

What intrigues me the most now is just how many points off top we need to be and how many more abysmal performances need to be suffered before the decision to remove him is eventually taken.

Comment

Is current league position a "consolidation building to our long term plan" position? I'd say with our current squad, performances have been poor and results are starting to show our real position in the table. No chance of relegation but finish mid table with this squad, we'll be relegated next season. Consolidation my ####! Football's about living for the moment. Sort your first team and the rest of the club will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveQPR1975 View Post
                        We were lucky they didn't take there chances
                        They really didn't have many. They had 6 shots in total and all were off target. 3 were headers as well from set pieces and one was some ridiculous attempt from 50 yards out. They really never looked that threatening all game. We should have scored a few ourselves lets not forget. That Chery chance, the Phillips shot, just two that I can remember and we had plenty more than that. Honestly, we were unlucky not to win. Yea, the ref made some mistakes that benefited us but we are owed something like that after the abominable refs we've endured this season.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                          Don't think it's a case of not being honest Kit, more that he is just clueless. Probably works on the same principles as young Nasser in as much as he is overly reliant on useless stats, rather than the actual problems which are a lack of organisation and intent. Most players are trotting out one poor performance after another and whilst it may not be obvious to him, it is crystal clear to me that it is only to be expected if you ask players for some inexplicable reason to play the game in a different way to the way that they are best suited.

CR thinks that a clean sheet is a good indication of progress, but it's not really as we were generally not threatening enough ourselves. For those that want to use stats as an indication, I think that if we kept a clean sheet for every other game this season but failed to score ourselves, we would more than likely go down, so not much to be positive about in the slightest.

What intrigues me the most now is just how many points off top we need to be and how many more abysmal performances need to be suffered before the decision to remove him is eventually taken.
                          Not threatening enough ourselves?? For god's sake man, we had 19 bl00dy shots. 19!! 10 of those were inside the box. Two were inside the 6 yard box. How can you say we didn't threaten when thats all we did. Do you think anyone tells hill "just boot it anywhere really", no of course not, but we know clint and we know the good stuff he brings and the bad stuff he brings, Long passing is one of them. A clean sheet is a good indication because it brings in defensive confidence which we have lacked. It shows us what we need to do in the future. People complain that he doesn't do a good enough job defensively but when he does, they'll still complain.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            Not threatening enough ourselves?? For god's sake man, we had 19 bl00dy shots. 19!! 10 of those were inside the box. Two were inside the 6 yard box. How can you say we didn't threaten when thats all we did. Do you think anyone tells hill "just boot it anywhere really", no of course not, but we know clint and we know the good stuff he brings and the bad stuff he brings, Long passing is one of them. A clean sheet is a good indication because it brings in defensive confidence which we have lacked. It shows us what we need to do in the future. People complain that he doesn't do a good enough job defensively but when he does, they'll still complain.
                            How many of those 19 shots were on target? Keeper made one save that I can recall. Not really threatening Nasser, is it?

Comment

They really didn't have many. They had 6 shots in total and all were off target. 3 were headers as well from set pieces and one was some ridiculous attempt from 50 yards out. They really never looked that threatening all game. We should have scored a few ourselves lets not forget. That Chery chance, the Phillips shot, just two that I can remember and we had plenty more than that. Honestly, we were unlucky not to win. Yea, the ref made some mistakes that benefited us but we are owed something like that after the abominable refs we've endured this season.
                              Nass, no they didn't create many actual chances as their shooting was woeful but had Forresteri kept his feet when he slipped when through and had Clint not hauled down their man when he was clean through and had the ref seen Konchesky clip the strikers ankle and had Bannon not done a Phillips in the last minute, we would have lost. We were devoid of ideas, I had a Brighton fan with me last night as we had a meeting in London before the game and he was shocked how poor we looked, his words were the players looked clueless to the tactics and seemed confused as to what was expected from them.
                              He said Green at no stage did he pick the ball up and play it out to feet he was continually launching the ball up to JET and that Sandro, who I thought was one of the better players myself, was just launching the ball as far away from our area as he could, stating he could only have been told to do that as he has far more composure on the ball than most. I admire your support of the R'sss but we are in trouble at the moment and things are not good behind the scenes.

Comment

Never looked that threatening all game? What about when that guy beat our back 4 for pace and ran through them - was one on one on the penalty spot and was arguably fouled from behind as he was shooting? Not saying it was a defo pen but it was a clear chance.

Bannan also should have scored right at the end. Played through he cut inside before shooting with his right foot and skied it. Bit of composure after he cut insdie or a better finisher would have buried it first time.

Comment

Working...
                                X