X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After match comments

There you go

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...y-2755167.aspx

R's Head Coach assesses goalless draw ...

Head Coach praises defensive display following 0-0 draw
    Clint Hill’s performance highlighted by Ramsey
    Boss explains substitution that was criticised
    QPR Head Coach Chris Ramsey was pleased to see his side record only a second clean sheet of the season in Tuesday night’s goalless draw against Sheffield Wednesday.

In a game of few clear-cut opportunities, the R’s probably had the best chance of note late on in the second half, when Tjaronn Chery saw his close-range volley expertly saved by Owls goalkeeper Kieren Westwood.

At the other end, Rangers – marshalled by the excellent Clint Hill – restricted the visitors to just a handful of half chances.

Speaking exclusively to www.qpr.co.uk, Ramsey said: “I’m pleased with the clean sheet. That was first and foremost in our thoughts tonight.

“Of course I’m disappointed we didn’t take the clear-cut chances, and there were a couple, that came our way – but all in all it’s a point in the right direction.

“Defensively, bar the odd slip, I thought we were solid.

“Our creative players probably could have produced a little bit more, but if we can keep more clean sheets, it gives us a base to build from.”

Hill’s performance was a highlight on the night and Ramsey was full of praise for the R’s Club Captain, commenting: “Sheffield Wednesday came with a game plan – like most Championship teams away from home, they looked to hit the big man on the diagonal.

“That caused us some problems, but I felt we dealt with it quite well tonight.

“Clint played very, very well and contributed to us keeping the clean sheet.

“He’s had to bide his time, but he’s kept himself in good condition and his performance tonight showed just what he’s all about.”

Ramsey was booed by a section of the R’s support following his decision to replace Jay Emmanuel-Thomas with Leroy Fer late on.

He said: “The criticism is part of management.

“When you’re at a club like QPR, that’s been in the Premier League in recent times, there’s always going to be certain levels of expectation.

“Part of being a manager at a club like this is taking the criticism when it comes around.

“I’m just getting on with my job, giving my all each and every day, and if we can combine clean sheets like we’ve kept tonight with a little bit more added quality in the final third, I’m confident we can climb the table.”

He added: “Sometimes when you make substitutions, you know things that the fans don’t.

“You have to make decisions and stand by them. You live and die by them.

“It wasn’t a change that I made with negative intentions, far from it. I wanted us to win the game.

“Jay, as I said at the weekend, took a knock last week in training, so we needed to take a precaution.

“Leroy is a Dutch international and has scored goals throughout his career, so I had every confidence in him to play that role and I thought he did okay when he came on.”

Finally, Ramsey confirmed Neil Warnock is set for his first day as part of his backroom staff later this week and the R’s Head Coach is looking forward to tapping into his ‘experience and expertise.’

“Neil will be in on Thursday or Friday this week,” said Ramsey.

“He’s going to bring in a wealth of experience and expertise and I’m confident it will be a very positive move for the club.

“We’ve spoken a lot and I’m looking forward to working with him.”

Read more at http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/qp...6528PxRMIPC.99

Yes no problem but why name a squad with no striker in it although we have one who's fit?

Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
      Yes no problem but why name a squad with no striker in it although we have one who's fit?

Daft
      Yeah .....I know what you mean, and not only fit, but angry and disappointed not be given a bench spot even

Comment

Our players kick the ball and hope it finds one of our players, that's not good.

Next year most of the good players we have now will be gone and replaced with more league one players, then you'll say our squad isn't strong enough and that we've sold our best players. This is your chance, this year or we'll be stuck here for years.

Worst manager I've seen in a very long time.

Comment

Just cant fathom why the bloke wont put a striker on the bench when by his own admission the one he did select is injured and cant play 90minutes..... Just cant get my head round that at all.

He has no plan, no plan b and no clue about what he's doing. What if we were 2-0 down when JET had to come off? 4-6-0 and getting beat at home?? This is kids stuff. Bloke think he's clever and smarter than everyone else, unfortunately the opposite is true, blokes miles out of his depth.

...... No striker on the bench and only one striker starting who cant play 90minutes.... Just dont get it.

Comment

He watched a different game to me whilst 0-0 is a positive the performance was far from being a positive. Whilst I haven't seen the incidents yet on TV both looked like we got lucky tonight as both looked like a sending off and a penalty from where I sat........worryingly poor performance again just plain awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
              He watched a different game to me whilst 0-0 is a positive the performance was far from being a positive. Whilst I haven't seen the incidents yet on TV both looked like we got lucky tonight as both looked like a sending off and a penalty from where I sat........worryingly poor performance again just plain awful.
              Very true. Said that at the game, we should / could of been down to 9 men.

Comment

I thought we would off been looking at the loan market by now,, with charlie injured and it seems don't rate polter surley les and the clown can see we need to get another striker on loan, pretty poor management IMO
                You Rsssssss

Comment

the clean sheet was the only positive to come out of that game!
                  overall the game was pony!
                  Last edited by march56; 21-10-2015, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Haha Ramsey pleased with clean sheet....... FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by march56 View Post
                      the clean sheet was the only positive to come out of that game!
                      overall the game was pony!
                      yep.. i also though clint hill looked solid, apart from the possible penalty

Comment

The worst manager I have seen at QPR since Paul Hart. Makes Harry Redknapp look like Pep Guardiola.

Ended the game with 2 defensive midfielders and no striker at home is inexcusable.

If it wasnt for the ref ignoring the most blatent red card I have seen in years it would have been another defeat.

Enough is enough, I bear the thought of this clown being in charge when we play Brentford.

Comment

How many games did we say we would give him at the start of the season.... Can someone find that poll that was done!!

Comment

What has annoyed me is that he isn't honest in his assessment, yes it was good to keep a clean sheet and Hill was very much part of why that happened along with Hall but all he then alludes to is that had we taken out clear cut chances we would have won but what he should have said was "yep got a bit lucky with the sending off and then the penalty but we deserved that after the pen on Saturday. Would like to see us attack more and put the away side under more pressure"...........then he might get a bit more respect.
                            All this bull he has said forgetting we were at the game and we were awful in general play, lumping balls up to a lone striker and then a lone midfielder all night, Weds could and should have got the win last night but their overall play was just as bad but where we got lucky with the decisions they were unlucky and in most other games we would have been down to 9 or 10 men.

Comment

He's saying that he knows the crowd were going mad at him for swapping jet with fer, but he said we don't know things he does, and that jet is carrying a knock and had to come off and fer is big and strong and can score goals and fancied him to come on and get the winner.

Comment

Working...
                              X