Should Phillips be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Phillips be dropped?

Think he's been abysmal the last few games and looks totally uninterested. No doubt he will keep his place, purely due to the lack of alternatives especially now Gladwin has gone. Return of the Toilet?

He's done nothing all season (apart from at wolves) and ain't been, doubt he's going to get dropped after scoring.

Comment

Not a lot off options I'm afraid, he has played dire,
      You Rsssssss

Comment

Play the bloke on the right wing and not the left and you might see the best of him.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
          Play the bloke on the right wing and not the left and you might see the best of him.
          Maybe that's the key to his success, no good ramsey keep switching him around
          You Rsssssss

Comment

Matt Phillips

Said it before, am saying it again and i will always say it.........The guy just isn't that good! Bar that cross for Chery he was once again very poor. One good game ( Wolves ) at Championship level out of 12 is abysmal. Rarely beats his man, terrible decision maker when he actually has time to think and misses too many chances by always trying to blast the ball. Has a decent cross on him granted but that is about it.

Genuinely would be interested to know whether those in the Summer saying he was a Prem class player/easily worth 10Million etc would still stand by that. If he is as good as some thought he should be tearing this league apart and coming away with plenty of plaudits. I always rated him as a good/very good Championship player at best which looks generous at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
              Said it before, am saying it again and i will always say it.........The guy just isn't that good! Bar that cross for Chery he was once again very poor. One good game ( Wolves ) at Championship level out of 12 is abysmal. Rarely beats his man, terrible decision maker when he actually has time to think and misses too many chances by always trying to blast the ball. Has a decent cross on him granted but that is about it.

Genuinely would be interested to know whether those in the Summer saying he was a Prem class player/easily worth 10Million etc would still stand by that. If he is as good as some thought he should be tearing this league apart and coming away with plenty of plaudits. I always rated him as a good/very good Championship player at best which looks generous at the moment.
              Yea I still rate him, think he's someone who drifts a lot in games but who does have class in him. Would like to see him try and place the ball better with his shooting but think he does a lot more good than he does bad. Gets some runs going but he needs to be more willing to run at his man from deeper.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post

Some fair questions there. He certainly doesn't look motivated this season and a shadow of the player we saw at the back end of last season. I said in the summer we should accept £7m from West Brom but had my head bitten off by quite a few on here. If he wants to play in the Prem there is only one way to do so - start playing a lot better.

Comment

Does him no favours playing on the left. A lot of wingers nowdays play both sides and will cut in on the left, but just dont think Matty is suited by that. Should always be on the right and either beat his man down the line or put a cross in. Also think he is being asked to do too much defensively.

Comment

Think last 20mins was perfect time too hook him put Hoilett on and say show us what you have got

Comment

The Wolves goals were due to terrible keeping as well btw

Comment

I feel bad for the bloke because I can see that he really wants to score and be involved but he is pushing too much in those attacking positions to force a way through instead of taking his time. That shot that he blasted, he just needs to take another touch and tap it into the corner of the net.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                          I feel bad for the bloke because I can see that he really wants to score and be involved but he is pushing too much in those attacking positions to force a way through instead of taking his time. That shot that he blasted, he just needs to take another touch and tap it into the corner of the net.
                          I know one of hits mates and he thought he was leaving in the summer the guy looks and is playing demoralised

Needs huge kick up the a rse get your head right or taste some time on the bench

Comment

Wouldn't say he's un interested, not at all. I think he tries to do too much, thinks he's Ronaldo at times. Maybe thinks he's a bit too good for this league?? I'd tell him to stick to the basics and whip in crosses more often..just like he used to!
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

his decision making is terrible ... example he gets the ball on the right wing in the 1st half he has one man to beat and he crosses it it comes off the defender and goes out of play , why he didn't take the man on is beyond me , soon after he receives the ball in near enough the same place . this time he tries to dribble around 2 players and loses the ball . ... .... doesn't he realise it's easier to beat one than two .

Comment

Working...
                              X